50w istick. Oh no! I broke it.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Today at the office I knocked my istick 50 off of my desk. It had an atty on it. It hit the floor at an angle, atty first. It isn't dead but is injured.

The screen is fine, the buttons all seem to be doing what they are supposed to do. With an atty on it, when I hit the fire button it looks to be firing if looking at the screen. But at about .5 it switches to a power low message. But otherwise the screen tells me I have a full charge. When I plug in a usb cord I do not get a charging message on the screen. When I attach an atty I seem to get a pretty accurate reading on the resistance of the build.

I found a youtube video where a 20w was opened up. I think I could use it as a basis for starting surgery on my 50 w. But I have no experience in what to do when I get in there.

The 510 connection and the charge port are right up there together, so I think any damage is right there.

Any help, especially videos, is appreciated.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When you say "but at about .5"...you mean the ohms?

What was the ohm before it fell?..Possible something jared inside the tank?...if the ohms changed after the drop ,id rebuild the coil or whatever and try again.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you say "but at about .5"...you mean the ohms?

What was the ohm before it fell?..Possible something jared inside the tank?...if the ohms changed after the drop ,id rebuild the coil or whatever and try again.

No Mike, it's the little timer that measures length of time of your draw. I've tried several attys, so it isn't that.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oy! That bites. I suggest opening it up carefully and looking for any loose wires.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oy! That bites. I suggest opening it up carefully and looking for any loose wires.
I'll try that this weekend. I want to do It when I have plenty of time and light.

CPMP15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
in my experience with rechargeable batteries is that if they take a big enough hit then the battery won't hold any more juice. hopefully that's not it. GL

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
in my experience with rechargeable batteries is that if they take a big enough hit then the battery won't hold any more juice. hopefully that's not it. GL
No. I have taken it apart 2 or 3 times. It's in the connection between the 510 and whatever. When I have the guts out of the case, I can use pressure, top to bottom, and it will fire. I've tried putting slices of pink pearl eraser in the bottom of the case to see if that would apply pressure so that it would fire. No dice.

It's still charged and has a read-out.

BTW, easy to take apart. Just take the two screws out of the top only. The innards slide right out.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently seen a clip on vapor trails(utube) where a guys took his apart (not vapor trails channel) it like episode 40 or 41, and it slides out and has the two 18650s on the outside it shows the guts atleast like bearded country ass fellows so bare with it they're kinda cooky

VU Sponsors