Become a Patron!

A fresh start at DIY

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I diy'd for years now but I typically had cream and dessert flavors. I had a few go to recipes that I mixed quite a bit of. I recently moved to a new state and brought my mixed juice with 7-60 ml bottles and I got rid of my supplies. I ran out of juice and went to a B&M and bought some but it was a berry mix. I'm loving it. So I figure I should get a new set of supplies. UGH. I have two questions.
1. Who sells the best starter kit lately for mixing by weight
2. Does anyone have any good berry mix recipes.

The one I got was max vapor berries so something close to that would be great. It's a strawberry blueberry raspberry mix.

Other great recipes would be nice too. I prefer simple recipes typically 5 flavors and under.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I diy'd for years now but I typically had cream and dessert flavors. I had a few go to recipes that I mixed quite a bit of. I recently moved to a new state and brought my mixed juice with 7-60 ml bottles and I got rid of my supplies. I ran out of juice and went to a B&M and bought some but it was a berry mix. I'm loving it. So I figure I should get a new set of supplies. UGH. I have two questions.
1. Who sells the best starter kit lately for mixing by weight
2. Does anyone have any good berry mix recipes.

The one I got was max vapor berries so something close to that would be great. It's a strawberry blueberry raspberry mix.

Other great recipes would be nice too. I prefer simple recipes typically 5 flavors and under.

Thanks

Nic River or River Supply Co. has a good deal. When you spend over $50 shipping is free. I'm not sure about their PurNic freebase nicotine though. Some say it's good, some say its bad. They've got cheap flavors too, 15ml for the cost everyone else charges for 10ml. Not sure if they sell scales.

I love Mixed Berry flavors. I don't have any really good recipes but I vape them single or together. I'll list some good ones below-

Flavorah- Jammy Berry
Wonder Flavors- Boysenberry-Raspberry
Capella- Harvest Berries
Jungle Flavors- Forrest Mix
Flavourart- Forrest Fruit
Vape Train-Forrest Mix
Wonder Flavors Bumble Berry

I've tried a lot of them. TFA Berry Mix wasn't good IMO.

I usually add a cream, vanilla, maybe some pear... I dunno, I wing it. Vaping WF Boysen-Razz as I type this and it's very good.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome back to DIY!

This is the scale a lot of us use, $27.99 at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20 If the url doesn't work search for American Weigh Scales LB Series Precision Digital Kitchen Weight Scale, Gray 500 x 0.01G (LB-501). It measures down to 0.01 grams. I've had mine for almost 5 years now and it's still going strong.

Sully's Sweet Berry Mash is a good one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/sullys-sweet-berry-mash.31992/

Lot's of good one's out there, search in the recipe forum or https://e-liquid-recipes.com/

River Supply is a good source for flavors as is my fav Bull City Flavors.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you're an experienced mixer, I'm not sure why you'd want to buy a kit. Seems like people who buy kits always end up with things they don't want or use, and are missing things they need. Small sizes of bases are not economical, and that's what you'd normally get in a kit.

I bought my scale off Amazon, and buy bases regularly there. Nic comes from liquidnicotinewholesalers.com, flavors from bullcityflavors.com or riversupplyco,com or ecigexpress.com, bottles from ivapesupply.com.

Couple of places here in the forum you should check for recipes are the DIY Recipes sub-forum and the Daily Mixing Thread, and Goph's suggestion of searching for recipes at e-liquid-recipes is a good one. Also alltheflavors.com.

Welcome to VU!

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're an experienced mixer, I'm not sure why you'd want to buy a kit. Seems like people who buy kits always end up with things they don't want or use, and are missing things they need. Small sizes of bases are not economical, and that's what you'd normally get in a kit.

I bought my scale off Amazon, and buy bases regularly there. Nic comes from liquidnicotinewholesalers.com, flavors from bullcityflavors.com or riversupplyco,com or ecigexpress.com, bottles from ivapesupply.com.

Couple of places here in the forum you should check for recipes are the DIY Recipes sub-forum and the Daily Mixing Thread, and Goph's suggestion of searching for recipes at e-liquid-recipes is a good one. Also alltheflavors.com.

Welcome to VU!

I've been on VU awhile. The reason I was looking at a kit is the last one I got from Nicotine river is where I got started. It had everything I needed and I saw there are some out there with a scale now. Most times kits are just a quick way to get everything from one spot. Opinions vary on what we are looking for but the kit I bought from nude nicotine and nic river were cheaper in the end when putting it altogether. Especially when I wasn't sure I'd stick to it or needed almost everything I have always used most everything in a kit if not all.

The reason I asked for recipes is because I used to use alot of recipes from here. Eliquid recipes.com isn't easy to navigate to pin point the flavor I'm looking for. The suggested flavor above looks good and the forum has alot of discussion one what some of the flavors do. Typically to start I want about 10-15 flavors that make 3-5 recipes. Since I'm new to the fruit flavors rather than fruit with bakery/dessert I'm looking for recipes that would be great to learn from by making small batches adjusting the flavors and subbing flavors to get a good vape and learn about fruit flavors. It's how I learned before.

Kits are also a way for new DIYers to get into DIY. I could potentially put out a review to help new DIYers. I will NEVER buy base from anywhere other than a reputable vaping source price doesn't matter to me trusting the source does.

Before you reply to a post and force your opinion on someone without adding anything valuable, think twice and don't post. I was looking for input on 2 things and you gave me no input on either.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have nothing to add. Lol!

Welcome to VU!

well, now I do......dude. Breathe. You asked for help and people are giving it to you. If you don’t like someone’s opinion(that NO ONE is forcing down your throat), skip over it! Ya don’t have to be snotty about it. Geez!

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nic River or River Supply Co. has a good deal. When you spend over $50 shipping is free. I'm not sure about their PurNic freebase nicotine though. Some say it's good, some say its bad. They've got cheap flavors too, 15ml for the cost everyone else charges for 10ml. Not sure if they sell scales.

I love Mixed Berry flavors. I don't have any really good recipes but I vape them single or together. I'll list some good ones below-

Flavorah- Jammy Berry
Capella- Harvest Berries
Vape Train-Forrest Mix

I usually add a cream, vanilla, maybe some pear... I dunno, I wing it. Vaping WF Boysen-Razz as I type this and it's very good.
Their nic base is good. . No complaints here. Jmho

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been on VU awhile. The reason I was looking at a kit is the last one I got from Nicotine river is where I got started. It had everything I needed and I saw there are some out there with a scale now. Most times kits are just a quick way to get everything from one spot. Opinions vary on what we are looking for but the kit I bought from nude nicotine and nic river were cheaper in the end when putting it altogether. Especially when I wasn't sure I'd stick to it or needed almost everything I have always used most everything in a kit if not all.

The reason I asked for recipes is because I used to use alot of recipes from here. Eliquid recipes.com isn't easy to navigate to pin point the flavor I'm looking for. The suggested flavor above looks good and the forum has alot of discussion one what some of the flavors do. Typically to start I want about 10-15 flavors that make 3-5 recipes. Since I'm new to the fruit flavors rather than fruit with bakery/dessert I'm looking for recipes that would be great to learn from by making small batches adjusting the flavors and subbing flavors to get a good vape and learn about fruit flavors. It's how I learned before.

Kits are also a way for new DIYers to get into DIY. I could potentially put out a review to help new DIYers. I will NEVER buy base from anywhere other than a reputable vaping source price doesn't matter to me trusting the source does.

Before you reply to a post and force your opinion on someone without adding anything valuable, think twice and don't post. I was looking for input on 2 things and you gave me no input on either.

Well you can be damn sure I won't ever respond to you again. Excuse the hell out of me.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you can be damn sure I won't ever respond to you again. Excuse the hell out of me.
Great!! Because I have looked at 2 kits so far and they are cheaper than buying everything separate. I can't stand people who tell you their coping as fact and are incorrect

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have nothing to add. Lol!

Welcome to VU!

well, now I do......dude. Breathe. You asked for help and people are giving it to you. If you don’t like someone’s opinion(that NO ONE is forcing down your throat), skip over it! Ya don’t have to be snotty about it. Geez!
I've been on the forum since 2015 no need to welcome me I have posted quite a few times before. I took a hiatus because of work.

The fact the nadalama started of with if you're and experienced mixer then why would you want a kit. Literally sent me through the roof. Why does it matter why I want to I want to because its preference. It comes with tools i use and wanted a kit. I'm not snotty the opening statement made in that post was snotty.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 153691
Accurate, reliable and fairly priced.
I had that one before I gave it away. I had issues with that after sitting a few seconds to grab the next flavor and such it would jump like .09 to .12. That was the only scale I had so I'm not sure if that's normal or not but drove me nuts. Does that happen to you?

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Flavorah- Jammy Berry
Capella- Harvest Berries
Vape Train-Forrest Mix

I'm used to TFA and FA FA is stronger concentrate and TFA is lighter. Where do flavorah, wonder flavors, jungle flavors, and vape train fall in there? Or do you have percentages you have mixed at to give me a jumping off point?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been on the forum since 2015 no need to welcome me I have posted quite a few times before. I took a hiatus because of work.

The fact the nadalama started of with if you're and experienced mixer then why would you want a kit. Literally sent me through the roof. Why does it matter why I want to I want to because its preference. It comes with tools i use and wanted a kit. I'm not snotty the opening statement made in that post was snotty.

Hmmmm....ok.

Have at it, dude. Jumping on people is not the way to go, IMO. Good luck in your journey. As far as I’m concerned, Nada wasn’t being snotty. At all.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm....ok.

Have at it, dude. Jumping on people is not the way to go, IMO. Good luck in your journey. As far as I’m concerned, Nada wasn’t being snotty. At all.
It's your opinion. I'm not trying to start a fight. I don't take kindly to people questioning me as tho I lied in my post. My opinion is it was uncalled for.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've been on VU awhile. The reason I was looking at a kit is the last one I got from Nicotine river is where I got started. It had everything I needed and I saw there are some out there with a scale now. Most times kits are just a quick way to get everything from one spot. Opinions vary on what we are looking for the kit I bought from nude nicotine and nic river were cheaper in the end when putting it altogether. Especially when I wasn't sure I'd stick to it or needed almost everything I have always used most everything in a kit if not all.

I love berry mixes and have quite a few, I was gonna share until I read you reply to Nadalama who did nothing other than offer polite advice.
You aint gettin em now. :wave: bye bye..

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love berry mixes and have quite a few, I was gonna share until I read you reply to Nadalama who did nothing other than offer polite advice.
You aint gettin em now. :wave: bye bye..
What are you two years old? I took offense to what she said. Period. If she has the right to respond how she did so do I. This forum has turned in to a bunch of clicky people like ECF used to be. Grow up.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's your opinion. I'm not trying to start a fight. I don't take kindly to people questioning me as tho I lied in my post. My opinion is it was uncalled for.

Wow. That’s how you read into that? Damn. I can 100% guarantee that Nada didn’t mean it like that at all. But, hey! Whatever! I’m just saying you’re gonna get more help if you don’t jump on peoples comments when you don’t really know what was meant. You jumped to conclusions. Just my opinion.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What are you two years old? I took offense to what she said. Period. If she has the right to respond how she did so do I. This forum has turned in to a bunch of clicky people like ECF used to be. Grow up.

Mate, Nad is a Senior Staff member, Moderator!
You dont, period, walk into someone's home then rag on the occupant's or owner of it, full stop. "This is what I think if you blah blah blah blah blah".
Show some basic respect whoever you are.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FLV are in most cases ultra concentrates so you need to start well below 1%. With some, Alpine Strawberry and Real Cinnamon come to mind, only needing one drop per 10ml of base or even 1 drop in 30ml. Single flavor testing (SFT) is what you need to do.

WF, JF, and VTA seem to fall around the same as FA to in between FA and TFA. Again you need to SFT to see where you like them because every flavor is going to be different. There aren't any magic bullets.

This ain't ECF, because if it was you would have been banned by now since gypsy and nada are both mods. Yes people have friends and friends will defend each other, that's just human nature. Take a step back and don't come out with the guns blazing. The old adage about honey, vinegar, and flies comes to mind.

Now back to my gopher hole and some mixing...

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. That’s how you read into that? Damn. I can 100% guarantee that Nada didn’t mean it like that at all. But, hey! Whatever! I’m just saying you’re gonna get more help if you don’t jump on peoples comments when you don’t really know what was meant. You jumped to conclusions. Just my opinion.
If I did it was because of the statement that was made. It was not posed as a question it was worded poorly. The sentence started with if. In text I read that sentence literally. I will not assume she was asking a question or posing a provocative thought. She made a statement that in its literal form was insulting.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I did it was because of the statement that was made. It was not posed as a question it was worded poorly. The sentence started with if. In text I read that sentence literally. I will not assume she was asking a question or posing a provocative thought. She made a statement that in its literal form was insulting.

Snort! Ok. I’m done here.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FLV are in most cases ultra concentrates so you need to start well below 1%. With some, Alpine Strawberry and Real Cinnamon come to mind, only needing one drop per 10ml of base or even 1 drop in 30ml. Single flavor testing (SFT) is what you need to do.

WF, JF, and VTA seem to fall around the same as FA to in between FA and TFA. Again you need to SFT to see where you like them because every flavor is going to be different. There aren't any magic bullets.

This ain't ECF, because if it was you would have been banned by now since gypsy and nada are both mods. Yes people have friends and friends will defend each other, that's just human nature. Take a step back and don't come out with the guns blazing. The old adage about honey, vinegar, and flies comes to mind.

Now back to my gopher hole and some mixing...

Thank you for the strength recommendations. FLV sounds like it could definitely make for some interesting mistakes like I had when I started using Flavour Art at TFA percentages haha.

I took a step back and read and reread I'm sorry if taking offense to her post offended you. The fact that mods and friends stick up for eachother and not seeing it from my side is what ecf did. She simply had to respond saying she didn't mean it wrong but all of their responses tell me I took it the way she meant it.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mate, Nad is a Senior Staff member, Moderator!
You dont, period, walk into someone's home then rag on the occupant's or owner of it, full stop. "This is what I think if you blah blah blah blah blah".
Show some basic respect whoever you are.
I didn't walk into someone home and rag on anyone. She made a clear derogatory statement and I rebutted. Is that not allowed? I'm supposed to let moderators insult me and post irrelevant posts on a thread I started looking for actual information not looking for people to insult me. Like seriously I'm gone from here for 2 years and this is what I come back too? What the hell did I do to any of you.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're usually more concentrated than TFA or FW. Each flavor varies though. I usually start testing at one or 2 percent.
Thank you. I will give them a shot there. I can always add can't take away. Haha

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had that one before I gave it away. I had issues with that after sitting a few seconds to grab the next flavor and such it would jump like .09 to .12. That was the only scale I had so I'm not sure if that's normal or not but drove me nuts. Does that happen to you?

Nope. Works gr8. Was recommended by many here on vu when i was looking too.

VU Sponsors