Become a Patron!

A General Complaint

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First, classifying myself as an expert is not what I do.

Second, this is a general complaint about those asking for help. People come to visit our forum to ask for help. They post the issue they have. It may take a little bit for someone to respond.

We all live lives outside of the forum, sorry. It is a public forum and help you get is on a volunteered basis. So yes, you may need to wait a bit to get someone offering help.

That noted, I know factually one person asked for help regarding flavors. I responded that I was not sure I could help given I lack a sense of smell, limited taste. I also tagged a few others that might come in and offer better help. This was only four hours after the original poster had inquired for help.

Another four hours had passed. No one had come to offer further help. I responded again, but asked the poster what flavor/s they were using. Figured I might need to know that in order to better help. Also figured that maybe their gear played an issue but I would start with the flavor, ask of the gear as we progressed conversation.

When you come to us to ask for help, we cannot help if we don't know stuff regarding what you're doing. Even then a lot of times we're only making best guesses. We can offer advice, opinion. Ultimately though we need to rely on what you present to us to actually help.

Well, conversation with this person did not progress. This isn't the first case such has happened. Doubt it'll be a last case either. Please understand it makes those volunteering help not want to help. Why should we bother if you can't be bothered to allow a bit of time, allow us to ask questions?

Something for people asking help to think about, maybe. We're all on a learning journey here after all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are you by chance referring to the post entitled "The taste has faded. Do you have something stronger?"

If so, c'mon now. Did a person who put so little energy into asking that question actually expect to get answers? To me it has all the markings of future spam, and is not a post by a real vaper who actually wanted real help.

If it was a real vaper, they'd have answered your questions by now.

And, I mean, VU doesn't sell e-liquid, so no, WE don't have anything stronger. It's just not a serious question, in my mind. If It were, people would have responded. We always do.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you by chance referring to the post entitled "The taste has faded. Do you have something stronger?"

If so, c'mon now. Did a person who put so little energy into asking that question actually expect to get answers? To me it has all the markings of future spam, and is not a post by a real vaper who actually wanted real help.

If it was a real vaper, they'd have answered your questions by now.

And, I mean, VU doesn't sell e-liquid, so no, WE don't have anything stronger. It's just not a serious question, in my mind. If It were, people would have responded. We always do.

Yes that is the post I am referring to. Your points did cross my mind as well. Even considering that, I'm an odd enough person that would rather care enough to think it a valid question.

Ah but I reckon I'm supposed to not care so much. It seems that's what life keeps trying to teach me with all the crap it piles on me. "Hey Ben, stop caring."

My trouble being is, I been down that road too. Sorry, got trouble with a happy middle regarding caring. I deign to be all or nothing. Seems I suit no one either way, not even myself.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah....I agree with @nadalama on this one.

I will, without hesitation, jump in when I feel like I can contribute.....which is only in the DIY realm. It’s the only place I feel comfortable giving advice. The posters question was vague and not geared towards DIY, which is a whole new ball of wax a lot of people don’t want to deal with.

You’ve asked pertinent questions that the OP hasn’t answered. What kind of gear? What are they currently vaping right now? What kind of juice do they like? Vapers tongue?

I smell future spam as well. If they were really interested, we would have heard from them by now.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I hear ya MMM... and I do agree. When folks ask for help and then don't respond it's very discouraging. I also agree this was either a spammer at 4:45am... or a kid who shouldn't be vaping or in the forum to begin with.

If they don't follow up and take the advice of a veteran vaper... IT'S THEIR LOSS! ;) Me personally, I woulda killed for this kind of help when I started vaping almost 9 years ago.

THANK YOU for at least trying to help them! ?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well said to both of you!

Wait long enough and you will get help.

Perhaps it will have to wait for members to get home from work, eat dinner, and put the kids to bed.

And on a nice day, wait for folks to get back from the Golf Course, picnics, and whatever..

And kinda sorta think of the people who are trying to help you as doctors.

What kind of results do you expect when you just tell your Doc "It Hurts" and then not bothering to tell them WHERE it hurts!

As a community, Vapors by nature are a Helpful Group.

Give us the info we need to make a diagnosis and you WILL GET HELP!

Most likely in the form of a dozen or so answers.

Possibly all different but each 100% correct in their own way!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might be an ass with this response, but

I find that years of information is available to be searched with a few clicks... if said person feels their issue is new and or unique to them and find posting a question for instant gratification rather than reading through said search easier...They can rightly wait til a kind soul feels they can contribute... or want to. Either case no one is obligated to respond.

I believe I am a helpful person, I just can’t take people seriously that won’t put the effort doing a search or form their query somewhat intelligently and comprehensible... this comes from a dude who’s first language not being English.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You can't be serious.
None of us answer because it's spam bait.
One of two things is going to happen with the person you answered.

1) after asking a bunch of vague questions and getting a lot of replies the posts will get spam links edited into them
2) after asking a bunch of vague questions and getting a lot of replies the person will start posting links to the site that they came here to shill for all along.

Also if anyone bothered to google to avatar... 1606664354070.png

they'd see this

1606664408273.png

The only way I would answer this person and the dozen or so like this one that shows up every week to play games is if they ASK for an unlisted vendor sub.

All their fake bullshit time wasting questions lead back to them being a spammer/scammer in the end.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes that is the post I am referring to. Your points did cross my mind as well. Even considering that, I'm an odd enough person that would rather care enough to think it a valid question.

Ah but I reckon I'm supposed to not care so much. It seems that's what life keeps trying to teach me with all the crap it piles on me. "Hey Ben, stop caring."

My trouble being is, I been down that road too. Sorry, got trouble with a happy middle regarding caring. I deign to be all or nothing. Seems I suit no one either way, not even myself.

The only thing I have in response is that you know as well as I do, that if you'd had a question about eliquid flavors, you wouldn't have expressed it the way the OP did. None of us want anyone to stop caring. We just hate to see you waste your energy trying to help someone who isn't being honest.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Very interesting. I too have no sense of smell. Lost mine years ago due to improper PPE in a chemical factory.

Sorry for the off topic post. I've not ran into anyone else who has no sense of smell.

Not had any sense of smell since birth. Do not believe the hormones responsible to trigger olfactory nerve growth were present. It is part of a larger condition I live with called Kallmann Syndrome. Another aspect to it is I need prescription testosterone nearly all to all my life. So the endocrinologist tells me.

Yet another aspect is I face a chronic clinical depression, slug through that daily. And no, there's no real medical help for that aspect. Been through all the anti-depresents. Only lithium salts remain and I refuse that as "treatment", more like a chemical lobotomy. I also have some shell shock, or as it's called now, PTSD. Got it from an abusive step dad though, not all from military stuff.

VU Sponsors