Become a Patron!

A good Butterscotch/Salted caramel with NO nasties?

Hey all!

I'm looking for... well, it's all in the title. Looking for recipes with very little to no Diacetyl, Acetyl etc in them.

Don't really mind if it's a plain or complex recipe :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My favorite butterscotch is from Totally Wicked Gold Standard. Probably loaded with all of the "nasties" Lol Tastes too good to be safe.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW Natural Butterscotch is listed as not containing any nasties now on FW own website. It use to have them but maybe they reformulated. That is the best butterscotch I have used.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

FW Natural Butterscotch is listed as not containing any nasties now on FW own website. It use to have them but maybe they reformulated. That is the best butterscotch I have used.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Whilst it's now Diacetyl free, it sadly still contains acetoin :(

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh your right! Thank you!

Any recipes you'd care to share? ;P

NP.

Been on a bit of a Real Flavors journey lately, the RF Butterscotch is not replacing the FW anytime soon though. I don't have my recipes on this PC but here is one I liked off of ELR:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/380706/Imperial Butterscotch

A lot of the ingredients on that list have Diacetyls but most have V2 versions without them or alternatives that work just as well. The FW VBIC only
contains Acetoin 0.033% which when you break it down to only using 2% in a mix is hardly anything. I actually prefer CAP VBIC and I believe that is Diacetyl free.

The FW NB is really good and depending on how strong you like it works anywhere from 2 to 6% easily with most creams or custards.

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember Head in Clouds saying Acetyl Pyrazine enhances the nasty-free FA Butterscotch. I believe the ratio was 2:1 or 3:1 Butterscotch:AP.

Example Buttersotch Rum recipe:

FA Butterscotch 1%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Rum .5%
AP .5%

Last edited:

VU Sponsors