A Move From Insomniac’s Spider-Man Game Is in No Way Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Spider-Man: No Way Home star Tom Holland has revealed he snuck one of Insomniac’s Spider-Man moves into the upcoming movie.

During an interview with Extraordinerd, the 25-year-old Spider-Man actor revealed that he does one of Insomniac’s Spider-Man moves in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

“I have played the video game,” he said. “I absolutely loved it. Sony were obviously very generous […] I think the game is amazing. I think it’s so fun. The swinging around the city is so well done. There’s actually one move that Spider-Man does in the game that we took, and he does in the film, and it’s really cool.”

Unfortunately, Holland stops short of naming which Spider-Man move he mimics in the movie, so we’ll have to find out when it hits the big screen in a few days.

In the meantime, it looks as though Spider-Man: No Way Home has made its way into the video game, too. Insomniac recently added two new spider-suits to Marvel’s Spider-Man exclusively on the PS5 edition. The new suits are inspired by No Way Home and were added on December 10 to Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.

Two new suits inspired by #SpiderManNoWayHome—exclusively in movie theaters Dec. 17th—are coming Dec. 10th to Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, only available on PlayStation 5 as part of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition!

More info: https://****/oLJQqysmBp pic.twitter.com/YRK2cHSbNZ

— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) December 6, 2021

After opening up the multiverse there are rumours that Tom Holland’s Spider-Man could be joined on screen by former Spider-Men Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. And if Holland needs to get a bit of practice in, he can always suit up in the Sam Raimi spider-suit which was added to the game in a free DLC.

Spider-Man: No Way Home stars Tom Holland in the title role, going up against a catalogue of former Spider-Man villains, as revealed in the film’s recent trailers. But despite the villains appearing all over the film’s marketing, it looks as though the original plan was to keep the film’s multiverse crossover under wraps.

“The initial plan was to make the film seem like a civil war between [Spider-Man] and Doctor Strange,” said Holland. “They were going to keep everything a secret.”

Spider-Man: No Way Home debuts in theaters on December 17, 2021.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors