Become a Patron!

A New Rice Crispy Treat Recipe

Napan

Member For 4 Years
Hey all. I've been enjoying and benefiting from the VU ever since I started vaping six months ago. I've found the DIY forum particularly beneficial and I finally have a recipe I believe is worth sharing. It's quickly become my girlfiend's adv. It's a rice crispy treat recipe that I tinkered with for quite a while after she tried the Ethos version and loved it. I feel like my percentages are quite high but it tastes really good. Just like a buttery, marshmallowy rice crispy treat in my opinion. I would love feedback and direction. I'm not terribly familiar with posting on forums, so for now I'm just going to post my a link to e-liquid recipes. I hope you enjoy it as much we are! http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/...is+Actually+Tastes+Like+Rice+Crispy+Treats%21

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all. I've been enjoying and benefiting from the VU ever since I started vaping six months ago. I've found the DIY forum particularly beneficial and I finally have a recipe I believe is worth sharing. It's quickly become my girlfiend's adv. It's a rice crispy treat recipe that I tinkered with for quite a while after she tried the Ethos version and loved it. I feel like my percentages are quite high but it tastes really good. Just like a buttery, marshmallowy rice crispy treat in my opinion. I would love feedback and direction. I'm not terribly familiar with posting on forums, so for now I'm just going to post my a link to e-liquid recipes. I hope you enjoy it as much we are! http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/726249/Holy+S%25%23%2A+This+Actually+Tastes+Like+Rice+Crispy+Treats%21
it looks good,,i will need to order a few flavors. its really nice you looking out for her :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried it yet, but I was pondering on TFA rice crunches and FA oba oba. To me that oba tastes like that jet puffed marshmallow cream in a jar. Bet it would make a good fudge too. But I could be wrong.

Napan

Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried it yet, but I was pondering on TFA rice crunches and FA oba oba. To me that oba tastes like that jet puffed marshmallow cream in a jar. Bet it would make a good fudge too. But I could be wrong.
TFA is definitely the way to go in my opinion. I have another rice crispy flavor I tried but it just didn't have much of any flavor to me.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can post it here too if you want, mostly we just list the flavor_brand_ & percent used.
PG/ VG ratio is fine too.

Looks good, still don't have Cereal 27 tho.
BTW welcome to VU.
Neither do I. I really need to order some so I can try this.

Napan

Member For 4 Years
You can post it here too if you want, mostly we just list the flavor_brand_ & percent used.
PG/ VG ratio is fine too.

Looks good, still don't have Cereal 27 tho.
BTW welcome to VU.
Thanks Heabob! I think I will when I get home :).

Napan

Member For 4 Years
Here is the recipe

Bavarian Cream (TPA)- 3%
Cereal 27 (CAP)- 3%
Golden Butter (CAP)- .5%
Marshmallow (FA)- 6%
Meringue (FA)- 2%
Rice Crunchies (TPA)- 9%
Vanilla Custard (CAP)- 5%

I feel like the overall flavor percentage is high but it tastes really good to us at these flavor levels. I've been getting suggestions to half the percentages, across the board, but they are coming from people who haven't tried the recipe and who I believe are more trying to suggest the principal of less is often more with mixing e-liquid. I know this is true but I feel like,outside of the Crispies flavor, most of the percentages are fairly close to their usual mixing percentages. I've tried about thirty odd variations and to me this has been the best. Most were only tried as shake and vape though so I might go back and check on the different variations after steeping soon. I'm all for cutting percentages if it really does make for a better recipe but I'd like more specific direction. Any thoughts you guys?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thinking I'd try the Bavarian Cream at 1%, or use CAP Bavarian Cream instead at 1%.
Bavarian Cream seems to need a longer steep time than the Custards IMO.
And it's a pretty strong flavor and changes quite a bit with time.

Most were only tried as shake and vape though

Hard to change these types around and have to wait a month to try them again.
The original recipe looks like one that needs a month to steep.
This is where things get weird as it may taste way different after steeping cause the Bavarian & Custard will change some.
Sometimes better and sometimes worse.
Some people like the taste of some things better when fresh instead of steeped.

I might also lower the Vanilla Custard down to 3%.
But I might also raise the Butter higher, or add 0.5-1% FA Coconut, just because it adds a nice Creamy Butter effect.
And you won't taste the Coconuts at all.

But obviously the main profile should be Marshmallows & Rice Crispies which are harder to taste for me.
Other than needing more sweetness maybe, but I'll have to try it "as is" first...
Soon as I snag some Cereal 27 that is.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here is the recipe

Bavarian Cream (TPA)- 3%
Cereal 27 (CAP)- 3%
Golden Butter (CAP)- .5%
Marshmallow (FA)- 6%
Meringue (FA)- 2%
Rice Crunchies (TPA)- 9%
Vanilla Custard (CAP)- 5%

I feel like the overall flavor percentage is high but it tastes really good to us at these flavor levels. I've been getting suggestions to half the percentages, across the board, but they are coming from people who haven't tried the recipe and who I believe are more trying to suggest the principal of less is often more with mixing e-liquid. I know this is true but I feel like,outside of the Crispies flavor, most of the percentages are fairly close to their usual mixing percentages. I've tried about thirty odd variations and to me this has been the best. Most were only tried as shake and vape though so I might go back and check on the different variations after steeping soon. I'm all for cutting percentages if it really does make for a better recipe but I'd like more specific direction. Any thoughts you guys?

I have a similar concoction brewing, lol.

To me, you are on track. Contrary to what many consider common wisdom, I always go high on flavor because its easier to dilute than to add more flavor or trash it and start over if it's under-flavored.

Napan

Member For 4 Years
Thinking I'd try the Bavarian Cream at 1%, or use CAP Bavarian Cream instead at 1%.
Bavarian Cream seems to need a longer steep time than the Custards IMO.
And it's a pretty strong flavor and changes quite a bit with time.

Hard to change these types around and have to wait a month to try them again.
The original recipe looks like one that needs a month to steep.
This is where things get weird as it may taste way different after steeping cause the Bavarian & Custard will change some.
Sometimes better and sometimes worse.
Some people like the taste of some things better when fresh instead of steeped.

I might also lower the Vanilla Custard down to 3%.
But I might also raise the Butter higher, or add 0.5-1% FA Coconut, just because it adds a nice Creamy Butter effect.
And you won't taste the Coconuts at all.

But obviously the main profile should be Marshmallows & Rice Crispies which are harder to taste for me.
Other than needing more sweetness maybe, but I'll have to try it "as is" first...
Soon as I snag some Cereal 27 that is.
Thanks a bunch! I'll give all those things a try and see the effects. Very insightful :)

Napan

Member For 4 Years
I have a similar concoction brewing, lol.

To me, you are on track. Contrary to what many consider common wisdom, I always go high on flavor because its easier to dilute than to add more flavor or trash it and start over if it's under-flavored.
Thanks JuicyLucy. I appreciate knowing that flavor percentages are relatively subjective. I'm definitely a fan of more pronounced flavor too. I know some flavors naturally pop more than others and I'd imagine that with rice crispies, like Heabob was saying, it might take a bit more to get the main flavor profile to stand out.

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years
More flavors to buy? I hadn't heard of Cereal 27 and Golden butter. I went to the Capella's website and there they were.

I have ordered direct from Capella before but I don't recall paying more for shipping than the flavors I was buying. The shipping was over double the cost of the 2 flavors!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
More flavors to buy? I hadn't heard of Cereal 27 and Golden butter. I went to the Capella's website and there they were.

I have ordered direct from Capella before but I don't recall paying more for shipping than the flavors I was buying. The shipping was over double the cost of the 2 flavors!
Thats why I never order just a couple of flavors. I always wait until I have at least $20 or more to order.

VU Sponsors