Become a Patron!

A NEWBIE !!!

chrt396

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Brand new to the world of vaping...as of 36 days ago. Smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for a bazillion years...ans decided that I was going to lead a slow painful death if I didn't do something different. A buddy of mine and I were playing golf a little over a year ago..and he whipped out this E-cig..and started puffing away. He pretty much has continued with mg of nicotine since. I went down right after the game and bought one. It was a cheapie..and after continuous breakdowns of the batteries and tanks...I went back to cigs. Went back to Lizard Juice stuff..and I just could NOT find a flavor that excited me and the equipment wasnt much better...so I quit doing that as well.

Fast forward to 35 days ago. I had a technician to my home to fix my fridge...and when I was talking to him outside...he whips out this mechanism...and starts blowing clouds that made me shake my head in disbelief. After talking to him about it...I went down to a local E-cig store and after talking with him awhile....I decided to take the plunge. Well...I went all out!! I have enough juices and mods and boxes to last till Armageddon. Went from 6mg nicotine..to 3mg...and now sampling some 0 mg. I wont lie...every 4 or 5 days...I'll light up a Marlboro...and then feel a little guilty. BUT....I have only went through 3/4 of a pack of cigs in the past 36 days! That is some good news for me!!!!!

Anyway...thanks for having me..and I'm sure that I'll get some great info while I'm enjoying this change in lifestyle. Been to a lot of shops and have met some great people. I even started to build my own coils TONIGHT!!!! Now....I'm not quite sure how to figure out the resistance and what makes what...but I'm vaping on a Snow Wolf with a Mutation X s that I built a simple dual coil system on. I used Kanthal A1 Clapton wire on. The specs are as follows...PLEASE tell me if I'm going to have a battery blast through the casing and through my eyeball.

Kanthal A1 Clapton wire 28 ga x 2 + 32 ga
6 wraps on a 30mm guide
Ohm meter in kit shows .43

IS THIS OK??? I'm closing my eyes when I hit the ignite button!!:eek:

It lights up evenly..from center to ends. Looks a little shaky, not perfectly symetrical...but it does light up properly. It also gives off a nice flavor and cloud...at least for me! My lungs arent as seasoned as many of ya'll out there.

Again..thanks for having me!!

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good thing you didn't buy a more reliable fridge.

The snow wolf is just fine with .43 just hope you have good batteries in there.

chrt396

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use Sony VTC4 batteries. The builds that the local shop has built for me are running .24 - .28. Does a .43 suck up more battery than the lower resistance coils?

Here is my masterpiece!! DONT laugh!

IMG_4749_zpst8rsu0uz.jpg

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Good to have you here!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I say fuck the costly journey of frustration, buy once cry once.

Kudos on the quitting, kudos on going all out and not cheaping out.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Sounds like your going to be okay.
Good to have you here.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Research ohms law.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats on making the switch! And congrats on making the switch with some panache!
Gotta say, take a bit of your spare time to research ohms law, how it applies to vaping and battery safety. Ask plenty questions, have fun,and vape safe.

chrt396

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats on making the switch! And congrats on making the switch with some panache!
Gotta say, take a bit of your spare time to research ohms law, how it applies to vaping and battery safety. Ask plenty questions, have fun,and vape safe.
Thanks a lot everyone. I'll check out the ohms law...and see if I can make sense of it all.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU!! Glad to have you here!

VU Sponsors