Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yes. A regular text chat room. Sorry.
If we get more requests it may be doable in the future but from past experience they usually die off pretty quick with no one ever really chatting.

You know we have G+ hangouts that a lot of vapers use.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vchat is fun, but is usually a load on the server. IDK that we really need one, but it can be fun.
You'd need dedicated mods for it though...trust me. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only prob with any type of "IRC" type chat system is it has to be a verified system that uses the database of the VU website for users.
If not then you will get people impersonating everyone from Joe to who knows.. It can be done though. Just playing Devils advocate

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think smokie was right. It would die off. A lot of time and money for something which would end up being used by a couple of regulars who could easily chat using another messenger

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just seems having a chat room on a forum is a bit redundant, just my opinion ;)

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't need to be a fancy expensive chat room. Just grab a volano shoutbox and stick it on the main homepage at the top. Scroll right past it down to the forum sections if you don't want to chat in it. Simple, effective way for people to chat, bicker, seek advice. Saves a lot of forum space as well because people can ask a question there rather than go post a thread on a topic that they haven't searched for, causing double posts, spam, etc.

Trust me, a small shoutbox goes a long way in a forum. Even just a link to a separate page for one is good.

Hell I'll even moderate it for you guys if you want.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It would be nice to be able to use a chat so we don't post to many replies in one thread, that way we won't be seen as trolling.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It would be nice to be able to use a chat so we don't post to many replies in one thread, that way we won't be seen as trolling.

Yeah and a small shoutbox is perfect for the small general bullshitting that can inevitably clutter up a good thread. I can't tell you how many times I've had to scroll through like 700 pages of nonsense just to find something that was slightly relevant to what I was searching for.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah and a small shoutbox is perfect for the small general bullshitting that can inevitably clutter up a good thread. I can't tell you how many times I've had to scroll through like 700 pages of nonsense just to find something that was slightly relevant to what I was searching for.

Agree here - sometimes I don't post a question because I don't want to highjack someone else's thread, and its not warranting of a full thread creation

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's true. People go off on tangents, but I have mixed feelings about it because I can see their just having some fun and laughs. I don't know

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's true. People go off on tangents, but I have mixed feelings about it because I can see their just having some fun and laughs. I don't know
imgres.jpg Im ready to talk tangents.....

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's very true what you've said and I've yet to see a forum that stays on point 100%

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience too. The flavoring companies threads are so off topic at this point, Its unbelievable.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Baguette? baguette? We don't need no stinking Baguettes......hehehehehehe.
And Good afternoon to you Mr. Kid!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

most of the threads i hang out in, there is nothing relevant anyway. it's all clutter...so don't even bother. :p

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
goooood morning Ms Kelli!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
good morning mr. fog. is this a tangent? is this bullshit? is this clutter? ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
most of the threads i hang out in, there is nothing relevant anyway. it's all clutter...so don't even bother. :p
i hear there's a searchy type of boxy thingy on here where you can type sorta of words n shit in it. it's a bit like that google thing where you type words n shit and stuff comes up like to do with what you typed and stuff

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i hear there's a searchy type of boxy thingy on here where you can type sorta of words n shit in it. it's a bit like that google thing where you type words n shit and stuff comes up like to do with what you typed and stuff

that's cool and stuff. :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah but i'm on a happy tangent lol
i've been sitting here all day with an urge to go to the gym. still might do a late one but i doubt it

happy or not, all you are doing is creating more clutter to wade thru in order to find something relevant. this is going on your permanent record, skipper.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
happy or not, all you are doing is creating more clutter to wade thru in order to find something relevant. this is going on your permanent record, skipper.
heh heh heh
refer to post #35
lol took me ages to find the hashtag on the new desktop keyboard. i was like
anyone.gif

VU Sponsors