Become a Patron!

A Sit Down with GrimmGreen

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
vL8rIPK.jpg

Find out why GrimmGreen says Rip Trippers "has the energy of a ****'d out jungle monkey":

http://www.v4p3r.com/a-sit-down-with-grimmgreen/

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I can say is, the more I see them so-called "big names" of the vaping industry patting each other on the back, interviewing each other, and generally cross-linking each other's sites and videos (no doubt without any intention whatsoever to increase their views), the more I read and watch lesser known reviewers, in English as well as in foreign languages, such as Big Lou or El Mono Vapeador.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I interviewed Big Lou also: http://www.v4p3r.com/ten-questions-for-big-lou/

I like GrimmGreen...a lot. He fumbles around a bit and his video production isn't top notch, but you can tell that he's giving an honest opinion. I like Big Lou for the same reasons. Feel free to pimp some of the lesser-knowns in this thread. I've been watching several of the newer reviewers myself, and find them refreshing.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I interviewed Big Lou also: http://www.v4p3r.com/ten-questions-for-big-lou/

I like GrimmGreen...a lot. He fumbles around a bit and his video production isn't top notch, but you can tell that he's giving an honest opinion. I like Big Lou for the same reasons. Feel free to pimp some of the lesser-knowns in this thread. I've been watching several of the newer reviewers myself, and find them refreshing.
same here, but at the same time you can tell some of these new guys are coming off as "sincere" and "honest" but its blatantly clear its a sales pitch in every review. esp when you know the cons of a device and they are just skimmed over like they dont exist. most of the time not for a product even but just a specific vendor

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as its not just another rehash of whatever controversy happens to be making the rounds. At least this is original.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
same here, but at the same time you can tell some of these new guys are coming off as "sincere" and "honest" but its blatantly clear its a sales pitch in every review. esp when you know the cons of a device and they are just skimmed over like they dont exist. most of the time not for a product even but just a specific vendor
Shouldn't that be sort of how a favorable review goes?

If you're talking about a product that you enjoy, there's going to be a certain level of enthusiasm present. "I like Feature A and Feature B about this product. Hey, you have Issue 1 and Issue 2, don't you? This product solves those issues." Yeah, it's going to sound a bit like a sales pitch.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shouldn't that be sort of how a favorable review goes?

If you're talking about a product that you enjoy, there's going to be a certain level of enthusiasm present. "I like Feature A and Feature B about this product. Hey, you have Issue 1 and Issue 2, don't you? This product solves those issues." Yeah, it's going to sound a bit like a sales pitch.

More like "This product has great features A and B so I give it a big thumbs up" when everybody and their dog knows the product also has flaws C, D, E and F and the reviewer is well aware of them. Lying by omission is still lying...

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
More like "This product has great features A and B so I give it a big thumbs up" when everybody and their dog knows the product also has flaws C, D, E and F and the reviewer is well aware of them. Lying by omission is still lying...
I suppose it's all about perspective.

For instance, GrimmGreen recently did a review of the Infected Mod, of which I am a huge fan, and also reviewed it. I liked the mod so much, I bought a limited edition Damascus steel version for $250. In my personal opinion, it's a 5-star mech mod. The only 5-star rated one I have reviewed.

GrimmGreen didn't seem to care for it very much, mostly based on its aesthetics. It's a very plain looking mod with a gritty media blasted finish, so it's definitely not for everyone in the looks department. He also didn't seem too enthused about the zombie-themed swag that comes with the mod, which I thought was pretty cool. You could tell that he just wasn't into it during the whole video, and that's mostly because GrimmGreen likes sleek and pretty mods. He didn't even mention the lifetime guarantee, which is pretty major. Aside from looks, the mod is totally solid and has flawless machining, but in my opinion, none of that stuff even mattered to him simply because he didn't like how it looked.

Is that also lying by omission? No, I don't think so. If you're giving an opinion on something, there's always going to be bias. It's nearly impossible to be completely objective to a wide audience, because there's always going to be a handful who nitpick and over-examine everything you say or don't say. And it's always the same people who claim that this is just one person's opinion and they take it with a grain of salt, because it doesn't mean anything. Funny how that works.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was more thinking about the DNA40 or Cloupor mods. Certain reviewers certainly "forget" to talk about the flaws in these products.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose it's all about perspective.

For instance, GrimmGreen recently did a review of the Infected Mod, of which I am a huge fan, and also reviewed it. I liked the mod so much, I bought a limited edition Damascus steel version for $250. In my personal opinion, it's a 5-star mech mod. The only 5-star rated one I have reviewed.

GrimmGreen didn't seem to care for it very much, mostly based on its aesthetics. It's a very plain looking mod with a gritty media blasted finish, so it's definitely not for everyone in the looks department. He also didn't seem too enthused about the zombie-themed swag that comes with the mod, which I thought was pretty cool. You could tell that he just wasn't into it during the whole video, and that's mostly because GrimmGreen likes sleek and pretty mods. He didn't even mention the lifetime guarantee, which is pretty major. Aside from looks, the mod is totally solid and has flawless machining, but in my opinion, none of that stuff even mattered to him simply because he didn't like how it looked.

Is that also lying by omission? No, I don't think so. If you're giving an opinion on something, there's always going to be bias. It's nearly impossible to be completely objective to a wide audience, because there's always going to be a handful who nitpick and over-examine everything you say or don't say. And it's always the same people who claim that this is just one person's opinion and they take it with a grain of salt, because it doesn't mean anything. Funny how that works.

That's the point though, you SHOULD be taking reviews with a grain of salt.
If you think a particular RDA(for example) might fit you then you should find out as much as you can.
Watch/read all of the available reviews and come to your own conclusions.
don't nut hug a YT personality Simply because they have subs.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i have been in hangouts with Grimmegreen and phil and Vapinggreek before they became such power house reviewers more commonly called vape famous?
i even tried my hand at it a long time ago but i saw content wise i was just another youtube idiot who tried for a short time in sharing my opinion however fan boys and trolls is not the attention i was seeking when i started. i decided to retract all my old videos and remove my vape reviewer life from my online profile. for me it was a question in staying true to my ethics i never wanted to receive for review anything free now if i did was sure to say so but never was my view point tainted due to that. as i was a broke vaper from back in the day i could not afford to always order.

Back on topic Grimmegreen has always been honest from what i can remember about how he receives his items for review same for phil and Greek and a few others that said i think it should be a serious conflict of interest for any reviewer to be a vendor and continue reviews period. it is one thing to get items and be honest in what you think of it and a whole other thing to basicly turn your review into product placement. Example Riptrippers style. if your reviewing a piece of hardware stick to the detials of the hardware. All i need to know about your juice is the pg to vg ratio not where or who its from.
thats my two cents.

RipTodd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like GrimmGreen...a lot. He fumbles around a bit and his video production isn't top notch, .

Whose is? I've often wondered why it seems to be mandatory for all these guys to shoot video in their grandparents' basements.

No cig

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rip can suck my mod....
420 can fade into oblivion.
None of these guys are for us..

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Back on topic Grimmegreen has always been honest from what i can remember about how he receives his items for review same for phil and Greek and a few others that said i think it should be a serious conflict of interest for any reviewer to be a vendor and continue reviews period.
That is my biggest issue with Dimitri. He needs to pick one thing and drop the rest. If you're going to be a reviewer, fine. Do reviews. If you're going to be a podcaster, fine. Do podcasts. If you want to sit on the boards of several vaping advocacy groups, fine. Do that. But you can't do all of it, AND be on the board of a major e-liquid company. He has his fingers in too many pies and has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned.

All of these big name guys have their own juice lines. GrimmGreen has Namberjuice. Rip has Fog Sauce and whatever the hell that other crap was. Twisted420 has his own line, Suck My Mod does too. Hell, even Big Lou is coming out with a juice line. I'm okay with that as long as they're not doing juice reviews.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is my biggest issue with Dimitri. He needs to pick one thing and drop the rest. If you're going to be a reviewer, fine. Do reviews. If you're going to be a podcaster, fine. Do podcasts. If you want to sit on the boards of several vaping advocacy groups, fine. Do that. But you can't do all of it, AND be on the board of a major e-liquid company. He has his fingers in too many pies and has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned.

All of these big name guys have their own juice lines. GrimmGreen has Namberjuice. Rip has Fog Sauce and whatever the hell that other crap was. Twisted420 has his own line, Suck My Mod does too. Hell, even Big Lou is coming out with a juice line. I'm okay with that as long as they're not doing juice reviews.
on that i can agree.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whose is? I've often wondered why it seems to be mandatory for all these guys to shoot video in their grandparents' basements.

No cig
maybe that's where they live?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nick messaged me on my website the other day.....really nice guy!

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I promise to never be famous...and never have my own juice line!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I can say is, the more I see them so-called "big names" of the vaping industry patting each other on the back, interviewing each other, and generally cross-linking each other's sites and videos (no doubt without any intention whatsoever to increase their views), the more I read and watch lesser known reviewers, in English as well as in foreign languages, such as Big Lou or El Mono Vapeador.
I like Big Lou. He's a mook and blunt guy, no PC crap with him.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
but you now have your first badge. the hunger has begun. :p
One will do....even though I am more reviewer than media....but then who knows what the future will hold. I just do not see myself on camera...I DETEST the idea if I'm honest.

VU Sponsors