Become a Patron!

a vape journey story from Boston

vapesta617

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello fellow vapestas. Im Alex 29 yrs old family man of 3 wonderful boys from boston super exited to be here and be part of this forum and to share my story and self to you all.

hmmm where to i begin

sooo. i remeber back before vaping was. a thing in i wanna say 05 or 06 i wanted to quit ciggs as to patches gums and meds did not and were never going to work for me so i went online and typed something along the lines of "device for quitting smoking thats looks like smoking" somthing like that my memory is horrible. anyway i stumbled upon ciggalikes and belive rhat was the only thing around rhis was back when blu was its own vape company along with njoy and many others before any vape product was available in any corner store any gas stations i swear i thaught i discovered plutonium lol. so after a some research and all that good stuff. i ordered a starter kit i think it was called a vs510 i have it somewhere in the house as soon as i find it ill post pics of it. it was 80 bucks. came with two "pens" one manual and one auto the attys was made out of some mesh material dont know what it was the tips were the ones that came off amd you dripped into it popped it back in and you were good to go. so i tried it for about a day or two... meh!... coughed alot couldnt take a decent lung hit i absolutley hate mouth to lung hits. i put using the device on hold because i was crediting the cougjing to me being sick at the time. minor cold. when i was over that tried it again still same thing coughing and coudnt get a nice hit amd all the juice always made it into my mouth almost 100percent of the time so finally i said "fuck this shit" and went back to newports. now lets fast foward to about 6 months ago. between when i tried vaping until 6 months ago i saw thw growing of cig alikes and now are available evrywhere. evrytime i went and baught a pack was always tempted to give it another shot since these things were wayyyyyyy cheaper than what theybused to be amd i asssumed the tech has gotten bettr in the last decade. six months ago i purchased a mark10 tried it as soon as i got into the car... again meh! a lil better tho. but a day later im still buying packs of newps. a week later i was at a diffent gas station and saw a pen with a tank it (i now know its a ce4 knock off). was called a faze vaporizor and they had there own line of juices. was blown away by the fact that no cartridge!! liquid in a tank!!! (back then with my vs510) i always wished they made sometype of tank or bottle holder or something like that . i purxhased my usual stuff pack of ciggs a snack and a drink and sat in the car for like 45 minutes trying to decide if i should get one.. got up of my ass and did wwnt home tried it and instantly was amaized and knew this was noo cigalike. this thing worked reallyy well day one and day two..day three i was having issues lots of issues.. was not getting a good hit . i felt like i needed more visual vapors for this to work for me . so me and my wife started to look for you tube videos to see if by chance there are better devices or to see if i can hack my faze vapor something. low and behold we stumbled upon a plethora of reviewer . ...devices ... tanks... types of tanks ...rdas ..building. ohms watts ...voltages ... coils. i definitly knew then this is a world i knew i was going to love as i am one who likes to tinker around. we religiously watched day and night grimmgreen tia vapes. indoorsmokers. the don . twisted420 ruby roo vaping bee matt with suckmymod. and a few others. after binge watching these guys and gals for quite sometime payday came around and picked myself up a kangertech subtank mini and an mvp 3.0 at a b and m store that i had no idea existed until i googled vape store in boston and let me tell you guys its been the best exprience of my life 5 minths in and no cigg. nooo ciggg at all !!!!! after 16 years of ciggs and trying to quit finally ! i can breath better. .. no more coughing up black and green and bloody mucus no more tight chest . now its more like im taking a toot because i want to versus im smoking a cigg because i need to.....like i said before and will always say it. im absolutly inlove with this world. something ciggs never gave me.

thank you guys for listening to my rambling on and look foward to making new friends here. btw anyone here in boston or mass or closr by would love some vape friends to hang with build with and trade juices with im subscribed to zample.

vapesta617

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
please excuse mispellings grammar and the fact rhat my story is all over the place i wrote this on my phone during my lunch break

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Good story, I always like to hear/read of someone getting off the cigs. I remember Newport, really hard core menthol. Lots of good people here if you need any advice, looking for contest to win vape gear, sales on vape gear you will find it here.
What misspelling, I didn't see any.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

vapesta617

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol thnks guys most forums ive been apart of, car related forums to be more specific if your post isnt good enough for havards mid term essay. then you will be bashed and marked as an idiot forever lol

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They don't take points off for spelling or grammar here. And having tried typing on a phone once you did a damn good job.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome, and congrats on the quit! I spent a week in Boston a while back - probably the coolest city I've ever visited, had an awesome time.

I also tried quitting years ago with those old 510 kits, gave up and started smoking again for a couple years and came back just when the first eGo style batteries with tanks were starting to blow up - I thought that was huge tech back then, it would blow my mind to be quitting today with all of the sub-tank options out there!

lol thnks guys most forums ive been apart of, car related forums to be more specific if your post isnt good enough for havards mid term essay. then you will be bashed and marked as an idiot forever lol

This is about as far as you're going to get from a car forum - I've been a member of several and I can say from rotary engine guys to diesel truck guys to Jeep guys, the one thing they have in common is that their favorite response to just about any post is "use the search function noob." GTFO if all you can find are 4-year-old closed threads from a guy who had a similar question about a different generation ECU...

Nothing like that here, folks are for the most part great and really helpful. And you can say shit or fuck if you really feel so inclined...

Jetson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, Boston is such an excellent city, rich in American history. Visited Emerson's house and Thoreau's hangouts while there, loved it. I'm new here too and this place is great, even the mods are somehow just like real people. Hope it's not a computer glitch or something. Hello and welcome.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, Boston is such an excellent city, rich in American history. Visited Emerson's house and Thoreau's hangouts while there, loved it. I'm new here too and this place is great, even the mods are somehow just like real people. Hope it's not a computer glitch or something. Hello and welcome.
tumblr_mqgvvt0gUv1rcl0dqo1_500_zps3yq8hyxm.gif

vapesta617

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome, and congrats on the quit! I spent a week in Boston a while back - probably the coolest city I've ever visited, had an awesome time.

I also tried quitting years ago with those old 510 kits, gave up and started smoking again for a couple years and came back just when the first eGo style batteries with tanks were starting to blow up - I thought that was huge tech back then, it would blow my mind to be quitting today with all of the sub-tank options out there!

This is about as far as you're going to get from a car forum - I've been a member of several and I can say from rotary engine guys to diesel truck guys to Jeep guys, the one thing they have in common is that their favorite response to just about any post is "use the search function noob." GTFO if all you can find are 4-year-old closed threads from a guy who had a similar question about a different generation ECU...

Nothing like that here, folks are for the most part great and really helpful. And you can say shit or fuck if you really feel so inclined...
omg yess !! thats the stuff that made me not want to stick around ive always thought to my self ,yea thats fine and dandy but what if johndoe1234 a month ago came up with something soooo revolutionary and only got reminded of it by whatever issue i was having right now in my post. you never know... lol

its great and puts me at ease to meet someone else whos gone through a practicly identical quit journey. from the little bit of offline people that ive chit chatted with about it they dont remeber or have no idea what the 510 kits were. they automatically think yea 510 connection im like nooo 510 kits were blah blah blah ect ect. lol.

thanks evryone all members and mods. you guys have made me feel welcomed i can def feel the love . i can honestly say about here and the vape community in general there seems to be a genuine love and acceptence and eagardness to teach

soo now when do i get jumped in and get my ink yoo .... lol im just kidding

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same with me when I thought about quiting and starting vaping I watched youtube vids like crazy and still do. Did so much research and shopping around. And when I got my first setup I was amazed. I also knew I would love this. and as I got further into it getting mechs, rda, building coils and now diy juice it has turned into a hobby I am really enjoying. It was so easy to quit smoking. And I also found a forum with a bunch of awesome people.

vapesta617

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
almost forgot. yes my city aside from its ugly side because im not going to lie and say were all great but im sure thats the truth with any city were mostly all about fun friendship and love i mean cmon look at our baseball team compared to others lol. ive never really been anywhere else except a couple times to ny. but visiting at least as many major us cities and meeting as many different people as i can is def something my bucket list

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
omg yess !! thats the stuff that made me not want to stick around ive always thought to my self ,yea thats fine and dandy but what if johndoe1234 a month ago came up with something soooo revolutionary and only got reminded of it by whatever issue i was having right now in my post. you never know... lol

its great and puts me at ease to meet someone else whos gone through a practicly identical quit journey. from the little bit of offline people that ive chit chatted with about it they dont remeber or have no idea what the 510 kits were. they automatically think yea 510 connection im like nooo 510 kits were blah blah blah ect ect. lol.

thanks evryone all members and mods. you guys have made me feel welcomed i can def feel the love . i can honestly say about here and the vape community in general there seems to be a genuine love and acceptence and eagardness to teach

soo now when do i get jumped in and get my ink yoo .... lol im just kidding
Yup, my first kit had a couple stick batteries and a big battery that looked like a pack of smokes that you'd stick the little batteries in to charge them because they'd die every few dozen puffs, and it held a bunch of cartos that we'd try stuffing with everything from cut-up tea bags to blue aquarium foam to hold liquid in...dark days for sure.

almost forgot. yes my city aside from its ugly side because im not going to lie and say were all great but im sure thats the truth with any city were mostly all about fun friendship and love i mean cmon look at our baseball team compared to others lol. ive never really been anywhere else except a couple times to ny. but visiting at least as many major us cities and meeting as many different people as i can is def something my bucket list
Can't say much about your baseball team except that right after all the top guys from my baseball team moved out there you started winning titles...still hasn't happened here, where we're getting whalloped by WAS as I type.

When I did pop over to your side of the continent it was with more of a football focus. Everyone before game day was so chill I almost thought about moving there for a couple years, but by kickoff I had guys threatening to throw me off the top balcony. Once the start of the fourth rolled around, though, the place was pretty much empty save for me and a handful of friends with a few hours to kill before catching a flight home...if you ever make it out to the best coast along the borderlands pop on up to Ocean Beach a couple miles north of the city proper for a vape, a beer, and a taco or two.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that you broke into vaping and are saving some money you need to start seeing the other great cities of our country. Welcome to the VU.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw this thread, so it's a late bump! I'm a fellow NE'er, from Vt but go to Boston often. Nice to see someone in my area, I know barely anyone that vapes. Does Boston have any good stores? Going down soon for a 3 day weekend and wouldn't mind checking some out for things. @vapesta617

VU Sponsors