Become a Patron!

Academic Journal Says Vapes Aren’t “Tobacco Products”

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Duh." Finally someone has noticed that the emperor is stark fucking nekkid. :facepalm: I wonder if any of the haters will ever notice , and realize that oohing and ahhing over his nonexistent resplendant robes doesn't make them existent. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Doubtful. Doctors have their own union - like politicians.

My doctor is pleased to death about vaping... his words: "ANYTHING is better than smoking."

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I simply don't tell them shit. "No. I do not smoke." (done. period. fullstop).

My doc tried to get me to use NRT for 18 yrs, and I always refused it, because it simply doesn't work. So when I told him I was thinking of trying out e-cigarettes to see if they worked any better than the patch, he was all for it -- he even came back into the room after leaving, to urge me again to give them a try. And when I showed up for next checkup 6 months later, I was delighted to tell him that I was finally a non-smoker -- thx to vaping. He was positively electrified, wanted to hear all about it, because he knew EXACTLY how stubborn a smoker I had been, and me with asthma. He doesn't even mind that now I need the Advair he also kept urging on me, all those yrs, but never needed till I switched to vaping. Because "ANYTHING is better than smoking." Now he just asks "Still not smoking?" Check. "Still vaping?" Check. "Good. Keep it up." This isn't some young turk either -- he's 65 yrs old. Maybe he's so in favor of vaping because he's seen many people get sick and then dead, from smoking.

Andria

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
I'm happy to read about development of such opinions in the medical world.

My boss, as a former smoker himself, does not have a very good opinion on vaping - "you're inhaling antifreeze". However, his opinion is very biased by his brother-in-law, who does a bit of everything - smoking, devices that heat tobacco and vaping. Just because one guy you know was not put off from smoking by vaping, it doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Also, both his parents died of lung cancer around their mid 60s, but in their case, smoking wasn't the only factor (however, it was the main reason). And that's another argument against smoking tobacco, vapes weren't around back then.

I always shut him up with "everyone has the right to do as they please with their bodies, besides, i haven't heard of anyone dying of inhaling the stuff fog machines put out in clubs".

I know that best for our long-term health would be to never inhale anything but air. But the world isn't perfect and none of us are, either. And let's not mention the flux fumes i inhale every day when soldering. :D Vaping does it for me and it certainly is the lesser evil.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And the leading cause of being a vape-hater is pure IGNORANCE. The FDA is doing everything they can to keep everyone ignorant, by spreading DISinformation -- they aren't spreading MISinformation, because they know the truth as well as we do -- they purposely spread lies that further BP's agenda, and even BT's agenda to some extent because of the tobacco taxes -- but the payola from BP probably FARRRRRRRRRR surpasses any tax windfall from tobacco.

Andria

VU Sponsors