Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.centralmaine.com/2016/01/10/advocates-of-vapor-cigarettes-tout-their-benefits/comments/

Everything was great until the last sentence:

“The ultimate plan of vaping in general for most people is to wean off nicotine completely but continue vaping,” he said. “That’s the main goal across the entire industry — is weaning people off while keeping the hobby.”

Many, Many people do this for tobacco harm reduction and do not wish to stop using nicotine.
They just want to avoid the cancer causing tar that comes with cigarette smoking.
I don't think this guy understands that not everyone is into it for the clouds and every vaper is not a hobbyist. - 5150

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, but vaping itself will probably die off except in the "hobbyist" environment. Those who vape for the sole purpose of quitting smoking will most likely wean themselves off of the nicotine, and stop vaping. Sooner or later, we will run out of smokers to convert. Once that happens, the only vapors that will remain will be the hobbyists. Without the additional chemicals that the tobacco companies add to keep smokers addicted, even vapes with nic in them aren't any where near as addictive as cigarettes.

Vaping is one of those rare businesses that if 100% successful, erases its own customer base over time.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahhhh yes ..... The Hobby of buying the next new shiny . When your " Advocates " are the business owners thats there only true interest . sad realy .

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, but vaping itself will probably die off except in the "hobbyist" environment. Those who vape for the sole purpose of quitting smoking will most likely wean themselves off of the nicotine, and stop vaping. Sooner or later, we will run out of smokers to convert. Once that happens, the only vapors that will remain will be the hobbyists. Without the additional chemicals that the tobacco companies add to keep smokers addicted, even vapes with nic in them aren't any where near as addictive as cigarettes.

Vaping is one of those rare businesses that if 100% successful, erases its own customer base over time.
I'm not sure that is true....the use of nicotine, may become like the use of coffee, a mild stimulant that people can enjoy in relative saftey....by the way did I raise your hand.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I particularly like this quote

What has so far proved to be a godsend for Clark is stirring controversy among many people who think the ingredients in vapor cigarettes may be dangerous for people, including children who may pick up the hobby.

Children who may pick up the hobby...the way that is written is I get this picture of 11 year old Johnny out mowing lawns so he can make enough money to buy his 36mg e-juice, or turn to strong arm robbery to get his "fix"

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the God damn hobbyist are going to wind up doing alot of damage to vaping.....let us hope a new fad hits america and their attention will be drawn to it.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhh yes ..... The Hobby of buying the next new shiny . When your " Advocates " are the business owners thats there only true interest . sad realy .
Who the hell cares who the advocates are, or what their motives are, if they are on the correct side of the argument? Now if they are advocating to keep people smoking, then that would be a problem.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who the hell cares who the advocates are, or what their motives are, if they are on the correct side of the argument? Now if they are advocating to keep people smoking, then that would be a problem.
I hear you, but I think it is very important...if the masses see vaping as nothing more than a hobby for a bunch of adolescents they will have no qualms about banning it..if on the other hand they see it as a harm reduction therapy, and tobacco cessation tool they will realize it's importance to being accessable.

VU Sponsors