Become a Patron!

Aegis Legend Zeus battery door

driving me nutz. Got the Legend Zeus cause it was super cheap and the battery door is crazy difficult to work with when it comes to closing. Not sure what is going on and saw a few people with the same issue in other forums.

Anyone got advice, the video on the regular Legend makes it look so easy. And even so I took of my tank and tried that way and it keeps popping open.

Only way to close it is to push down on the door from the bottom using an edge, like the corner of a table to force the door in position and lock in place.

I can never do it with solely my hand... what gives? Any advice

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
driving me nutz. Got the Legend Zeus cause it was super cheap and the battery door is crazy difficult to work with when it comes to closing. Not sure what is going on and saw a few people with the same issue in other forums.

Anyone got advice, the video on the regular Legend makes it look so easy. And even so I took of my tank and tried that way and it keeps popping open.

Only way to close it is to push down on the door from the bottom using an edge, like the corner of a table to force the door in position and lock in place.

I can never do it with solely my hand... what gives? Any advice
It always took me 2 hands to close the door on the original Legend too. I have a Zeus edition too.

I press it closed hard with my left thumb and use my right thumbnail to force the latch into the slot. A bit of a pain, but it always closes snug for me.

Last edited:
I can’t even close it with two thumbs, I just tried again. It seems like the portion that clips into the latch that opens the door needed like another half mm to make this work. The door does sit flush.

Even on the corner of the metal piece, top left edge looking at it from above turned upside down, where the latch locks into is starting to scrape the rubber ring which is to prevent liquid from entering the battery chamber

Did anyone get their GeekVape Legend doors Fixed. I have one Legend that works fine, but the Legend Zeus door won't close.
It fits flush when closed too. I took off the rubber door bottom and see there are 3 screws instead of 2 as in a video I saw on YT. My screws were
very loose, but after tightening it still won't remain closed. The difference between Zeus and Legend it that the metal pin on the
legend extends to the edge of the door whereas the Zeus pin is about 2mm shy of the edge. Has anyone any ideas?

Did anyone get their GeekVape Legend doors Fixed. I have one Legend that works fine, but the Legend Zeus door won't close.
It fits flush when closed too. I took off the rubber door bottom and see there are 3 screws instead of 2 as in a video I saw on YT. My screws were
very loose, but after tightening it still won't remain closed. The difference between Zeus and Legend it that the metal pin on the
legend extends to the edge of the door whereas the Zeus pin is about 2mm shy of the edge. Has anyone any ideas?

honestly mine just fixed itself by wearing the metal because it wasn’t done right. I still am using my Zeus and it is great especially during these corona times cause I can wash it without fear of damage.

my only suggestion is that you use something pointy to force it shut without touching the open tab at the bottom.

that’s what I did the entire time at the beginning when I started using it. Like the sharp edge of the table or mostly on the go if use my folding pocket knife which had a decent pointy edge. Don’t use something crazy cause it will scratch and damage the battery door.

but yea about maybe the last 3 months it has been closing just fine with no force after the break in.

VU Sponsors