Become a Patron!

Aegis X and TC - finally made it work nicely - I think!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
EDIT: Update... other thing I found is the resistance must be locked for TC to work properly on the Aegis X... once I did that, I was able to lower the TCR to the recommended 115 for SS316L. I'm guessing most ppl who think the Aegis isn't good for TC never locked the resistance. Original post follows...

In an effort to stock up on mods for the vapeocalypse I strayed from only buying more Yihi and DNAs and threw in a couple cheaper mods just for good measure (meaning I ran out of money to buy more of the others). One was the Aegis X and was horrified (dramatic but it's late) at the TC performance. Then remembered all those reviewers on YT only use power mode. So no one mentioned this mod (and all Geekvape mods from what I since read) are known for being bad for TC.

I tried for 4hrs to dial in TC and it was inconsistent, cold, empty and really, really terrible. Like no vapor. [Using a dual coil SS316L spaced DIY 0.18ohms on an Aromamizer V3.]

Forum posts pointed out the SS/TCR default value on the Aegis X is for SS304, not SS316... then there are many posts saying 00088-92 is the correct value... but switching the mod to TCR and entering those values was worse (colder, and no vapor whatsoever).

Finally I saw someone point to some tests saying 'someone' actually said 118 is best for SS316.... and then discovered no one really can say because it depends on the wire, the mod, the build, the chip, what color your hair is, if the dog is barking... and it's ok to play with values to see what works best for you. (This person said all the way up to 200 but that sounds a little extreme, but what do I know.)

Long story longer, for those that know nothing about TCR (like me), the lower the number, the cooler the vape will be, so the higher the temp has to be set to warm it up. For example with TCR 105 my temp had to be at 550F (YMMV) - so kept bumping TCR up so I could bump the temp down. (I'm using 100% VG so want to stay around 415F...) Sweet spot for me turned out to be:

TCR 135
415F
45W

And I am finally getting a nice warm, consistent vape with dense enough clouds.

So if you bought an Aegis X along the way and tossed it in a drawer, might want to dig it back out. I think the reports of it being terrible for TC might be somewhat unjustified... Geekvape certainly didn't put any effort into making sure TC would work well out of the box (at least for SS), but the means to get it working is there. Does it vape like a DNA or Yihi? No. But it's fine and worth $58 for sure. (Imo.)

These setting likely won't work for most others with different coils, but once you dial in your own sweet spot the mod performs nicely and I am SUPER happy about that because I had it listed for sale in the forum here, after 4hrs of trying to get TC to work! That's how over it I was... but now... I'm happy to keep it. And it's a nice mod otherwise, so a win all the way around!

1-sm.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors