Become a Patron!

Air holes!

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Hi. I wanted to know another thing. Whats with the airflow thing :| My nautilus mini has four holes for airflow. I do get that the smaller the hole the more its like a cig. Like mouth to lung hits but does it affect the flavor production and atomizer life? And which air hole is the best for vaping? The smallest one or the largest one? Any help will be appreciated!! TIA!

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There really is no "best". Although tied to the atomizer type, build resistance and wattage applied, there's still the end user's subjective desires.
Air flow is tied into two (three if you count vapor evacuation) areas of functionality... one more critical than the other. The first and most obvious is the users subjective preference. The frequently least considered yet often more critical, is obtaining adequate air flow for the resistance, wattage used and subsequent coil operating temperatures.

Air flow cools and stabilizes build temperatures. You wouldn't use your clearomizer's modest air flow for a 0.2Ω dual parallel build in an RDA running 90 or more watts... no more than you would a 1.5Ω clearomizer with a cloud RDAs air flow capabilities. The latter will be a weak vape... the former might produce temperatures high enough to melt the insulation (or your lips) in an RDA.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to add, In SOME cases, not all too much airflow lowers the flavor. Depending on the device.

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
There really is no "best". Although tied to the atomizer type, build resistance and wattage applied, there's still the end user's subjective desires.
Air flow is tied into two (three if you count vapor evacuation) areas of functionality... one more critical than the other. The first and most obvious is the users subjective preference. The frequently least considered yet often more critical, is obtaining adequate air flow for the resistance, wattage used and subsequent coil operating temperatures.

Air flow cools and stabilizes build temperatures. You wouldn't use your clearomizer's modest air flow for a 0.2Ω dual parallel build in an RDA running 90 or more watts... no more than you would a 1.5Ω clearomizer with a cloud RDAs air flow capabilities. The latter will be a weak vape... the former might produce temperatures high enough to melt the insulation (or your lips) in an RDA.
What you wrote was too complicated for me as i am a new vaper :p Didn't understand most of it :p I have a Eleaf Istick 20w and the nautilus mini tank which is 1.8 ohm. So The largest airflow will be the best for me?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tl;dr: Just try them all out and see which one you like best. Preferences vary by person, and even with one person your tastes might vary by juice.

Also, moving this over to Clearomizers/Glassomizers/Tanks...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What you wrote was too complicated for me as i am a new vaper Didn't understand most of it I have a Eleaf Istick 20w and the nautilus mini tank which is 1.8 ohm. So The largest airflow will be the best for me?
Basically not enough airflow can cause the coil to get too hot burning wick or popping coil, or cause the tank to get extremely hot. I'm doubting, although I have not used this particular tank, even the largest air option won't be too much.
But like others said what's best for you is up to you! What I like, you may not. Just try different variations and find what you like best..

VU Sponsors