All the Gaming Laptops Announced at CES 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Between new 12th Gen Intel processors, AMD Ryzen 6000 Series mobile processors, and Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3080 Ti GPUs, there’s been a bevy of exciting new gaming laptops announced at CES 2022. Beyond the core silicon inside these new machines, we’ve seen plenty of exciting designs and new form factors. Here’s a look at all the most exciting laptops from CES 2022.

Asus ROG Zephyrus Flow Z13​

If you ever wished there was a Surface Pro 8 Windows tablet with a little more oomph for gaming, the Asus ROG Zephyrus Z13 might be just what you’re looking for. This 13.4-inch tablet is one of the first to come with discrete graphics in the form of an Nvidia RTX 3050 Ti. It can also be outfitted with an Intel Core i9 12900H processor and 32GB of DDR5 for a surprising amount of processing power in a tablet.

Aside from those gaming specs, this looks like a tantalizing little Windows tablet thanks to its 120Hz screen, lightweight 0.47-inch thick chassis, and magnetic keyboard. The Zephyrus Flow Z13 is set to arrive by the second quarter of 2022 – so by April or May – and pricing hasn’t been announced yet.

Alienware x14​

Alienware’s gaming laptops have gotten seriously thin thanks to the new X redesign we saw last year, and now the company has introduced its smallest model with the Alienware x14. As its name might suggest, it’s a 14-inch machine that comes equipped with up to an intel Core i7-12900H, Nvidia RTX 3060, 2TB of M.2 PCIe SSD storage, and 32GB of DDR5 memory running at 5,200MHz.

Despite packing all this high-to-mid-range hardware, it’s incredibly thin at only 0.57-inches. That said, the back end of this laptop sticks four inches out because this is where Alienware stored vapor chamber and heatsinks. When you have this unit closed it almost forms a perfect square. The Alienware x14 is due to release for a $1,799 starting price before the end of this winter season.

Razer Blade 14​

The Razer Blade 14 was just introduced earlier last year and now it’s getting AMD’s latest mobile processors, with up to an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX CPU. The graphics options on this 14-incher have also been expanded to include Nvidia’s RTX 3080 Ti.

The Blade 14 has also been improved with a fingerprint-resistant coating, a new Windows Hello-compatible 1080p IR webcam, and a MUX switch for manually switching on and off integrated graphics.

The Razer Blade 14 will be available for preorder starting at $1,999 on February 10th and will launch sometime by the end of the first quarter – or March 2022.

Acer Nitro 5​

The Acer Nitro 5 got a new subtler black with red highlights redesign for 2022. This 15.6-inch gaming laptop comes with your choice of either the latest Intel 12th Gen processors with DDR4-3200MHz RAM or AMD Ryzen 6000 Series CPUs and DDR5-4800MHz RAM. The differences don’t stop there as the Intel version features Thunderbolt 4 and the AMD models offer USB 4.0. Both models come with two M.2 PCIe 4.0 slots for SSDs, and both have QHD 165Hz displays – though you can opt for a Full HD 144Hz display on the Intel variant. There’s also a 17.3-inch model.

The Intel-based 15.6-inch Nitro 5 is due to release in the US March 2022 for $1,049, while the 17.3-inch model will follow in April 2022 for $1,099. AMD-based 15.6-inch models, meanwhile, arrive in April 2022 for $1,099, and the 17.3-inch model drops in May 2022 for $1,149.

MSI Stealth GS77​

MSI has revised the Stealth GS77 to be, well…even more stealthy. Featuring a blacked-out paint job and streamlined chassis, it’s even harder to discern this is a 17.3-inch gaming laptop until you look at the RGB keyboard inside. As with most high-end gaming laptops, the Stealth series can be outfitted with Intel’s 12th Gen Core i7-12900H processor and Nvidia’s RTX 3080 Ti graphics chips. You can also opt for up to 64GB of DDR5 memory running at 4,800MHz.

The nerdiest thing about the MSI Stealth GS77 is it has a Phase-Change Liquid Metal Pad applied to its CPU. Apparently, this material can shift between a liquid at high temperatures and solid while idling to optimize heat transfer away from the processor. The MSI Stealth GS77 comes with a starting price of $1,799 and releases on February 1st.

Lenovo Legion 5i Pro​

Lenovo has also stepped up the minimalism of its gaming laptops, and this is most evident with the new Lenovo Legion 5i Pro. This 16-inch laptop comes in a stark grey or white paint scheme and only brandishes the Legion logo tastefully on the side of the screen lid. Of course, there’s a four-zone RGB keyboard if you want some extra flair. The 16-inch display is the biggest treat of this machine thanks to its 2,960 x 1,600, IPS colors – and it’s DisplayHDR 400 certified to give you up to 500 nits of screen brightness.

Internally, the Lenovo Legion 5i Pro has been upgraded to the latest Intel 12th Gen Core processors, up to an Intel Core i9-12900H. You can also spec this machine up with the new Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti, 32GB of 4800Mhz DDR5 memory, and a 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD. The Lenovo Legion 5i Pro will be available starting February 2022 for $1,569 to start.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Kevin Lee is IGN's SEO Updates Editor. Follow him on Twitter
@baggingspam.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors