Become a Patron!

ALL VENDORS... Suggestion in your Customer Service Approach

notagoodnameleft

Member For 4 Years
If you have a known customer (has ordered from you before) TAKE NOTE at minimum, and perhaps even LISTEN...

Recently had a Dripbox have an issue - contacted vendor only to find they weren't listening, they were too busy covering their ass.

After I said... Have two - bought them both from you - one isn't working... With or without atomizer - when the battery - any of three I tried - is inserted, the button flashes half white half green three times.

So - the response...
Questions such as...

Do you charge the battery in the device? NO.

Then how do you charge it? Really? I don't use the Effest I BOUGHT from you - I shove the batteries up my butt, hold a chunk of copper and run in circles around another... I Answered with - In a charger...

What kind of battery charger do you have?... I've got two XTARS, the Efest LUC I bought from you, and an OPUS... He didn't know what an OPUS was...

Are you using good batteries? Yes, and then I gave him the internal resistance on two of them - he had no idea what the hell I was talking about...

Have you tried the battery or the atomizer on another device? No, I'm sorry I didn't think of that - what with the dozen or so devices sitting here obscuring my view (several I got from you) and certainly not the OTHER DRIPBOX from the same order - WTF.

I had told him it blinks three times (white/green) with NO atomizer on it, therefore I can certainly see the importance of checking the atomizers (all three) on another device... Yes, I rode the short buss (to Harvard you jerk). This went on and on.

My favorite was when he asked which atomizers I had tried and I said the Tsunami and Velocity2 - he was quick to point out that the Tsunami is NOT a hollow center pin (I swapped it out)... YEAH, cause I wouldn't notice the dry hits and the spewing liquid or broken bottle from pushing it too hard... So he managed to play dumb for any question which might lead to any liability on his part, but knew the 22mm Tsunami doesn't have a hollow center pin...

In the end - this Vendor exists to distribute and make a profit, and to let you know they think you are a moron. I'll still order from them when the price is right (and often it IS - bought from them last night) - but next time there is an issue (out of 6 orders in the past, two had issues - which I gave them the benefit of doubt and contacted them), I'll simply handle it through my bank via a chargeback, rather than give them them another chance to explain how dumb customers are.

Before anyone jumps on me... If the problem is unique or not - as a vendor - perhaps you MIGHT consider advocating on your customers behalf and asking the rep or manufacturer... If its a known issue - then say so - don't ask me stupid questions hoping for a gotcha moment where you can flat out blame it on me and ignore the problem (this isn't a presidential debate)... If you cannot serve that purpose - then why the hell would I consider offering you the opportunity to fix something you messed up, I'll just dispute the charge. SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT - YOU'LL GET A LITTLE RESPECT.

I called the vendor in hopes they would have some type of solution or suggestion, as returning a $20 item is a pain for ALL involved - I just wanted to fix it - they just wanted to cover their ass.

In the end - you might consider this as a vendor. Your customer (they are when they contact you) is looking for help. Your job is to DETERMINE what type of help they want. Do they want to screw you and get a new item or refund when they don't deserve... Do they want to ask if this has a possible fix... There are many possibilities - but if you simply take the "best offense is a good defense" and look for that gotcha moment - it will bite you in the ass that you are trying to cover.

You pay for disputes (chargebacks) whether you win loose or draw - usually $25. Being in the Vaping world - you are viewed as sub-par merchants - thereby lots of dispute and you will get terminated.

If your attitude is that you made your $2 on the sale and the rest is the customers problem - good luck.

As for this particular vendor - I managed to fix this problem (with no help from them) so I won't dispute the charge - but the next time - guaranteed...

I find 101Vape, VaportekUSA, and VapeNW EXCEPTIONAL - they set the bar the rest are judged by.

VU Sponsors