Become a Patron!

Always at the end... A Toronto story

I feel at times I always show up for the last of the good times or freedom. I know i am too young to have enjoyed drinking and driving in the 1970's its was oh so fashionable back then. Shopping and smoking i remember ash trays in department stores i was too young to smoke then. That wasn't my time...

In my time, I have seen driving laws get more and more serious with a BAC above 0.08 and more recently the invention of a "Warn" range where you can still face penalties for being between 0.05 and 0.08 BAC. Then they took away smoking on patios. I think i need a poly sci degree to understand if i can pull out my mod box or if a gun would be less offensive. The way this world i live in hates smokers, drinkers, cars, vapes it almost depressing. It seems it only matters to "be somewhere" so that you can post the selfie on your FEED or add a bunch of #stupid #tags of all your @friends.

However I think there are some like minded people here, and so i am happy to be here and hope for once i am not at the end of something.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep, I remember those days as well.

I remember when I started my first real job, the place where I worked had a fully stocked bar in the basment and there were a few old timers that had bottles of hooch and glasses in their bottom desk drawer.

I remember going out on the road one day with one of their outside salesmen. He picked me up at home about 10:30 ( I had been dressed in a suite with tie and had been waiting since 8:00) and we went to call on a customer. We walked into his office, introductions were made, we went out to a 2 plus hour lunch, got totally blasted and I remember dropping the customer back at his office and he could barely walk.

On another occasion, a salesman that I ordered a lot of stuff from, took me to lunch for my Bday. We ate and drank and after an hour I said it was probably time to go back to the office. He told me that he had cleared it with my boss (and he had) and he retrurned me to the office about 4:00. I just sat at my desk and smoked and drank coffee. The manager also told the receptionist (this was before automated phone crap) not to transfer any phone calls to me for the rest of the day.

And yes, I was completely plastered!

Its a wonder I am not an alcoholic!

Brilliant UncleRJ lol

I like the progress society is making, its not that i want to drink and drive but this nanny BS has to calm down.

VU Sponsors