DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I don't mean my coil build. It seems that many flavor junkies like a nice warm vape. If I get anything past luke warm I lose most of the flavor, and prefer it and get the most flavor from a cool vape.

Especially with complex flavors like Five Pawns Castle Long Reserve. When the vape is cool I get everything in there. The smokey oak barrel from the aging, the bourbon and hints of caramel on the inhale, and toasted coconut and almond on the exhale. If the vape is even remotely warm the bourbon and coconut become more pronounced, but I completely lose the subtle flavors.

I used this example due to its complexity, but the same goes for any complex flavors with a different exhale from the inhale.

When I say cool, I mean cool, soothing, not warm at all. Are my ofactory senses just wired weird, or does anyone else experience it this way?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For me, it depends on the liquid as to how cool I like it. For most flavors, I like a cooler vape. Some flavors I like better when it's a bit warmer.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me, it depends on the liquid as to how cool I like it. For most flavors, I like a cooler vape. Some flavors I like better when it's a bit warmer.
I do like simple custards a bit warmer. It seems to bring out a richness in them. But anything with complexity or single fruits has to be cool for me to enjoy it.

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I agree with these peeps! Since I purchased a VV/VW mod and been able to change the power, it has completely changed the flavor. I'm vaping juice that I didn't before!

different drippers with the same coil give different temps, so i try to use smaller builds in my airier drippers to give them a lil more heat, and larger bullds in my hotter drippers to cool them down a lil

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I don't mean my coil build. It seems that many flavor junkies like a nice warm vape. If I get anything past luke warm I lose most of the flavor, and prefer it and get the most flavor from a cool vape.

Especially with complex flavors like Five Pawns Castle Long Reserve. When the vape is cool I get everything in there. The smokey oak barrel from the aging, the bourbon and hints of caramel on the inhale, and toasted coconut and almond on the exhale. If the vape is even remotely warm the bourbon and coconut become more pronounced, but I completely lose the subtle flavors.

I used this example due to its complexity, but the same goes for any complex flavors with a different exhale from the inhale.

When I say cool, I mean cool, soothing, not warm at all. Are my ofactory senses just wired weird, or does anyone else experience it this way?

well for me i like my warm flavors (cereal custard banana) to be kinda warm and the fruity and exotic flavors i like to be cooler. try buying the longest drip tip you can find also open up your air inlets more for cooler vapes. if you can try to find an aluminum tip. aluminum transfers heat well it will absorb the heat from the vape more rapidly than other metals and will dissipate that heat rapidly

VU Sponsors