Become a Patron!

Amazing Spider-Man 3 Trending As Fans Call For Andrew Garfield To Star In New Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: This article contains spoilers for Spider-Man: No Way Home! Be sure to check out IGN's review of the new Spider-Man movie.

Spider-Man fans want to see Andrew Garfield back as Peter Parker, as The Amazing Spider-Man 3 trends on Twitter.

It’s no secret that Andrew Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man trilogy was cut short after the poor performance of its second instalment, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Goofy effects, a dodgy script and a cringey take on iconic villain Electro made it difficult for Sony to justify carrying on – ultimately resulting in the third film in the trilogy being cancelled.

But now, it looks as though Spider-Man fans want Andrew Garfield back.

According to Comicbook.com, his recent appearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home has sparked a wave of support for Andrew Garfield’s Peter Parker.

“Andrew Garfield stole many scenes of Spider-Man: No Way Home with his tragicomic (and meta) performance as ‘Peter 3’,” said Comicbook.com. “After getting a reminder of everything that Andrew Garfield can be as Spider-Man, Marvel fans now want Sony to make The Amazing Spider-Man 3 actually happen!”

And with an outpouring of love on Twitter, it looks as though fans want to see that third Amazing Spider-Man movie after all.

Andrew Garfield did an incredible job in The Amazing Spider-Man franchise and it has always bothered me that his performance was so overlooked.

He deserves the chance to end his Spidey’s story in The Amazing Spider-Man 3. #MakeTASM3 pic.twitter.com/ZTmJxuUf2i

— Michael Patterson (@michaelp93) December 20, 2021

Now I’m seeing a lot of make TASM 3 tweets, and even though TASM 2 wasn’t all that amazing, I still want Andrew to receive a closure for his films cause he absolutely fucking deserves it. Make it happen Sony and Marvel. #MakeTASM3 pic.twitter.com/IhBZV1QIPE

— Sentinel 🍻 (@Sentinel_OpsYT) December 19, 2021

I love Tom Holland, he’s the best possible take on this cinematic Spider-Man, charming, endearing, exuberant, you love him immediately.

I like Tobey Maguire

But to me, the Spider-Man who feels the most like the Comic Book take on the character is Andrew Garfield. #MakeTASM3 pic.twitter.com/iL5B0HjxgD

— Coy Jandreau (@CoyJandreau) December 20, 2021

The hashtag #MakeTASM3 is packed full of support for Andrew Garfield and is a rallying cry to Sony and Marvel to finish off The Amazing Spider-Man trilogy.

Spider-Man: No Way Home stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker, alongside Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as two alternative Peter Parker’s from separate universes in the multiverse.

Whether or not there’s enough attention to make The Amazing Spider-Man 3 worth exploring remains to be seen. But with some fans comparing it to the Snyder Cut, it could be only a matter of time before we see Andrew Garfield swing back onto our screens - especially after Spider-Man: No Way Home snagged a $253 million opening weekend.

Spider-Man: No Way Home opened in theatres on December 17, 2021.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors