Amazon Delays MMO New World to 2021 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
New World, Amazon's upcoming MMO, has been delayed from its August 25, 2020, release date to Spring 2021. New World's studio director Rich Lawrence wrote a letter to the New World community saying that "we don't make the decision lightly, and we have urgency about getting the game to you as quickly as possible at the best quality -- with some additions that will make the experience even better." This delay will also move the final Beta test to Spring 2021. However, those who have either participated in the Alpha, signed up for the Beta, and/or pre-ordered New World will get a chance to play "the full game of New World - in its current state, for a limited period of time starting on August 25th." [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/06/15/new-world-brings-unique-new-elements-to-mmos"] This decision, according to Lawrence, was made following feedback over the last several months from New World's Alpha audience and the team wants to ensure players have "plenty of middle and endgame experiences as they venture through Aeternum." We got our hands-on New World in February 2020 and said "if the PvP side of things can live up to its promises it may convert me into a believer purely on the depth and intensity of its combat and inter-faction disputes alone. But until I see more creativity from the PvE side of things or a clearer picture of what the path to end-game actually looks like, I’m not sure it can hold my interest long enough to get there." [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=new-world-screens&captions=true"] For more on New World, be sure to check out how Amazon "plans to blow up MMOs with New World." [poilib element="accentDivider"] Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected]. Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors