Become a Patron!

American Docs Need to Learn From Royal College of Physicians

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They all need to do a better job, primarily by coming to the realization that it's NOT the nicotine keeping people addicted to cigarettes. It's the combination of nicotine, MAOIs, and pyrolytic compounds, delivered in virtually the blink of an eye, that makes cigarettes so addictive; many people can vape nicotine and eliminate smoking without any problems, mostly because vaping delivers not just nicotine, but also the BEHAVIOR associated with smoking, and a good bit of the sensation as well (TH). But there are quite a few -- and I was one! -- who simply cannot escape the cravings simply by using nicotine, even with the behavioral reinforcement in place, with vaping -- I had to use WTA to eliminate cravings completely, and had to wean off it for over a year before I was finally free of it.

This constant harping on nicotine isn't helpful; without the near-immediate uptake and the other compounds found in burning tobacco, nicotine is really not very addictive at all; it's *perhaps* as dependence-producing as caffeine, but maybe not even that much -- I've never heard of a single other drug that, the longer you use it, the less you need, but we hear that CONSTANTLY on vaping forums, how after some time goes by at a certain nic level, many people find that they NEED to use less. Every other psychoactive substance I've EVER heard of, builds tolerance, requiring higher doses to get the same effect -- but not with nicotine.

Andria

VU Sponsors