Become a Patron!

An overview 4 of the world’s most popular vape forums

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm totally clueless with Reddit too. Every single time I've followed a link from Google to Reddit... whatever it is I'm looking for doesn't seem to actually be there, but there's a lot of stuff from like... 2012? I've been on more forums, "chat boards," Instant Messengers, and etc, than you can shake a stick at... even Twitter! But I've completely given up trying to figger out how to navigate Reddit.

Andria

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The write up for here is quite fair I think, I like it here a lot.

I use planet of the vapes as much as I do here, but don't see myself it being too smart or intimidating to newcomers- people are always welcomed warmly like here and given help.

I do remember a thread though where there was some banter with a new vaper who was taking 0.5 second hits at 350W, and didn't want to reduce the power they was using. Eventually they did, and settled around 150W and could actually take a full hit and enjoy the flavour.

It could be things similar to this, and our kind of humour comes across a bit differently. I did have to explain to the person people were only joking with some of their responses, maybe this is what came across as intimidating?

I do have an account with a forum I think we cannot mention here, which was the first on the list. I don't use that place though as I don't really like the feel over there.

Reddit I haven't really looked into, although I think I am on a couple of them over there.

I will stick with here and POTV's for my vaping discussion and friends :).

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great review. I do use planet and Reddit sometimes when searching but I like VU best.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The write up for here is quite fair I think, I like it here a lot.

I use planet of the vapes as much as I do here, but don't see myself it being too smart or intimidating to newcomers- people are always welcomed warmly like here and given help.

I do remember a thread though where there was some banter with a new vaper who was taking 0.5 second hits at 350W, and didn't want to reduce the power they was using. Eventually they did, and settled around 150W and could actually take a full hit and enjoy the flavour.

It could be things similar to this, and our kind of humour comes across a bit differently. I did have to explain to the person people were only joking with some of their responses, maybe this is what came across as intimidating?

I do have an account with a forum I think we cannot mention here, which was the first on the list. I don't use that place though as I don't really like the feel over there.

Reddit I haven't really looked into, although I think I am on a couple of them over there.

I will stick with here and POTV's for my vaping discussion and friends :).

No problem mentioning Asshole Central here, or calling them whatever you feel like; but there, they censor the name of VU. :giggle: Can't take the competition, I guess. :giggle: So sad. :giggle:

Andria

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem mentioning Asshole Central here, or calling them whatever you feel like; but there, they censor the name of VU. :giggle: Can't take the competition, I guess. :giggle: So sad. :giggle:

Andria
Ahh I see, I always assumed for some reason we wasn't to mention them as everyone calls them something else instead of ECF, but it is still clear which forum they mean lol.

It is a bit silly if you can't mention VU over there though. I often mention here on POTV's and vice versa as I like both and have friends on each one.

I actually just had a look at my account over at the other place, and I wasn't treated badly. I do know what it is like there though which is why I choose not to use it.
EDIT: I have actually been having a look over there. There are some threads that seem informative, but I will be careful lol.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think they really candycoated ECF and their Nazi Jackbooted Moderators.

And from personal experience from when I was a newly hatched vaper, some of the members really came down on me.

The question you just asked was covered in post 238 of this thread.!

I went elsewhere after that.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back about 15 years ago I was an active and well-respected member of a forum which was the biggest for its subject. It was a helpful place full of knowledgeable people. After 3 years they got a head mod who just burned it to the ground. It truly was a disgrace. I often wondered if it was deliberate, and how the hell the owner let it happen. About 3 years after I left I went there and was shocked to see that my account was still active and someone was posting under my name. That's some seriously fucked up shit.

When I started looking at vape forums I went to ECF. It took me all of a couple of visits to see it for what it was. I then found this place and knew it was for me.

VU Sponsors