Become a Patron!

An RTA I'd love to see made, linking to manufacturers. Nipples for grips no slips

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
a major problem I find with nearly all tanks is they can be impossible to unscrew. Yes I lube my o rings prior but they still lock up. I have to use pliers just to unscrew some. Not good if out and about and need to fix a coil or something or even refill juice.

steam crave aromamizer plus v2 does have good knurling grip, but I don't like that tank. First off it's height is too bulky but can be reduced because the juice flow doesn't need it's own section like that. Instead it can just be like all the other normal types that you spin the cap or something and it's built into the chimney. But mainly I personally don't prefer huge cloud DTL tanks like that. Yes some have reducers but even with reducers the air flow isn't restricted as much as MTL'ers prefer. So my options with the MTLs (kayfuns, spica, gate, etc) don't have good knurling grip.

I do like DTL sometimes though yes, but just mentioning that proper air flow restrictor inserts could easily make a DTL tank also an MTL with very tight draw.

All the tank needs is little protruding stubs so you can actually unscrew the darn thing even when there's some juice on it.

This is a rough draft design of a tank I'd love to see made. They make new gimmicky stuff all the time but this one actually makes sense and I'd gladly pay $99 for it, again it could switch between tight MTL and DTL with restrictors.
A few spare tanks and you'd be set until some revolutionary new design idea comes out because there hasn't been any major positive change in RTAs in years IMHO.

another major problem finding with some MTL tanks (skyline, spica, haven't got into my kayfun clones yet) is that even with a tiny coil it can contact the roof of the chimney section and cause all types of error/short problems and cause threading to be stiff or not tighten fully. But I do not want to sacrifice juice capacity for space but it can be enlarged (same with stupid minuscule post screws) and still have good capacity - there are many tanks of same height and diameter but some hold like %60 more than the other and about same size deck.

Attachments

• geekvape-griffin-rta-ss__06124.1463207250.1280.1280.jpg
    geekvape-griffin-rta-ss__06124.1463207250.1280.1280.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
*coff*

I can grip my Griffin just fine. ;)

I also just refilled my Aromamizer RDTA v2 just fine and I didn't lose a drop.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*coff*

I can grip my Griffin just fine. ;)

I also just refilled my Aromamizer RDTA v2 just fine and I didn't lose a drop.

I was thinking most who used RDTAs/Tanks could do alright. Another train of thought was the industry has done its diligence in marketing, development research. This is why RDTAs/Tanks are designed as they're designed. So, I had to go hm.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it is something that the OP really wants, they could always drill and tap a couple of small holes in an RTA and install some small hex head screws with some loctite. That would effectively achieve the desired effect on practically any RTA they want. But manufacturers designing a tank like that is unlikely since it doesn't seem to be an issue for the biggest part of their customer base.

VU Sponsors