Become a Patron!

Analyst: Heat-Not-Burn Will Revolutionize Tobacco Industry

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for posting this. Btw, you do a great job of finding current events and posting links, and I for one, appreciate it.

Regarding these devices, it's certainly interesting. However, I'd have a reaaallllyyyy tough time trusting anything from BT. It'll be fun to watch this one develop.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this has been around for awhile..putting loose tobacco in a ceramic chamber and heating it to just below burning...I always wanted to try it but the set up was about 100.00 for the smallest mod as I recall and more expensive for the more powerful mod....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But you know how much crap vapers get, "hey, whatchu got in that thing, (other stuff)?" Seems to me that the heat-not-burn devices are even more ripe for that kind of crap.

Andria

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol... Exactly what I was thinking. I guess I don't see how heating vs. burning is any less hazardous. It will still be real smoke, so users would still be inhaling fine particulates. How is that an improvement. None of those in vape.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since 09. it was prototype and fucking stupid then and motherfucking stupid as fuck now.
Combustion is combustion, still maoi, tar, carcenogens and whatever fucky shit they put in tobacco.

VU Sponsors