Andrew Garfield Even Lied to Emma Stone About Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: This article contains spoilers for Spider-Man: No Way Home!

Andrew Garfield has revealed that he managed to keep his Spider-Man: No Way Home cameo a secret from everyone, even his former co-star Emma Stone.

During a recent appearance on Josh Horowitz's Happy Sad Confused podcast, Garfield acknowledged the actions he had to take in order to preserve his Spider-Man secret prior to the release of No Way Home last December. It turns out that the 38-year-old actor had to tell a lot of lies to a lot of people, including his Amazing Spider-Man co-star Emma Stone.

"Emma kept on texting me and she was like, 'Are you in this new Spider-Man film?' And I was like, 'I don't know what you're talking about!' She was like, 'Shut up, just tell me.' And like, I honestly… I kept it going, even with her, it's hilarious," Garfield said, finally opening up about his long-kept secret. "And then she saw it and she was like, 'You're a jerk!'"

Garfield first suited up as our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012, however, he recently returned to the role with a cameo appearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Here, he joined current Spider-Man, Tom Holland, alongside another former Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire, for the mother of all superhero team-ups.

The actor previously spoke about the web of lies that he had to spin in the interest of keeping his Spider-Man reprisal under wraps. He called the process "stressful but also weirdly enjoyable," admitting that it felt like he was playing "this massive game of Werewolf" to keep everyone guessing about his potential return in the lead-up to the film's release.

In the aftermath of his appearance in No Way Home, Garfield has said that he would consider returning to play Spider-Man again. There could be a lot of very good reasons to bring Garfield's version of Peter Parker back to the big screen, and many fans seem to already be on board with the idea following a fresh wave of support for his character in recent weeks.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors