Andrew Garfield Had 'a Few Meetings' About a Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Andrew Garfield says that he had a 'few meetings' about a Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six movie, before Spidey became part of the MCU.

In an interview with Collider, Garfield was asked whether he had met up with director Drew Goddard around the time that a potential Sinister Six movie was set to be made, and discussed how close the film came to becoming a reality.

"I don't know how close it got, but I definitely had a few meetings, and it was really exciting," said Garfield. "I've got to say, because I love Drew so much, and I love Cabin in the Woods, and the other stuff that he's made. We just got on like a house on fire. I loved his vision, he's so unique and odd and off-kilter and unconventional in his creative choices. So that was definitely a fun couple of months, but life."

Garfield played everyone's friendly neighborhood web-slinger across Sony's two-film reboot of the superhero franchise in 2012 and 2014 respectively. Despite on numerous occasions speaking about his love for the role, Garfield was replaced as Peter Parker by Tom Holland in 2015 as Sony scrapped the Amazing Spider-Man series and the hero moved over into the MCU. At the time, Garfield had said that he'd felt a "little heartbroken" by the news that he wouldn't be returning to play Spider-Man for a third time but also stated that he was excited "just to be a fan again."

In among the news that the character was transferring into the MCU and that Garfield's Amazing Spider-Man series would be shelved by Sony, any talk of a Sinister Six movie quickly died down as the unproduced film became another product to be scrapped as a result of the deal between the two companies.

While it's been seven years since fans last saw Andrew Garfield sporting the webhead's famous red and blue spandex, many fans are hoping to see the actor return to the franchise in Marvel's upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home. The title, which has already teased characters from across both Garfield's Amazing Spider-Man series and Sam Raimi's earlier trilogy of films, will release on December 17.

With the film's teaser trailer showing off what seems to be Tom Holland's portrayal of Peter Parker haphazardly opening up the MCUs version of the multiverse, a return for Garfield as Peter Parker could feasibly be on the cards. Despite a flurry of rumors and speculation surrounding Garfield's return in No Way Home, however, the actor has stood firm on speculation, emphasizing on a number of occasions that he is not involved in the upcoming movie.

Jared Moore is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors