Andrew Garfield Reveals the Only 3 People He Didn't Lie to About Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Andrew Garfield has revealed that he only ever trusted three people to keep his Spider-Man: No Way Home cameo a secret.

Although he had to spin a web of lies with basically the entire world on the lead-up to the release of No Way Home in December, Garfield has admitted that he did, in fact, let a handful of people in on his Spider-Man secret while filming was underway. "My dad, my brother, and my mother," he confessed to having known about it, on The Ellen DeGeneres Show this week.

Garfield first suited up as our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012, however, he recently returned to the role with a cameo appearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Here, he joined current Spider-Man, Tom Holland, alongside another former Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire, for the mother of all superhero team-ups.

"I lied to people for a good two years and I lied to the internet for two years, and it felt great," Garfield told DeGeneres, reflecting back on the experience of trying to keep his secret under wraps for an extended period of time. "It was fun to keep it a secret… It felt like I was part of organizing a surprise birthday party for a bunch of people who I knew would appreciate it."

As previously revealed, Garfield didn't even tell his former Spider-Man co-star Emma Stone about his return. "Emma kept on texting me," he told Josh Horowitz on a recent episode of his Happy, Sad, Confused podcast. "She was like, 'Are you in this new Spider-Man film?' And I was like, 'I don't know what you're talking about!' ...I kept it going, even with her, it's hilarious."

Following his No Way Home cameo, Garfield has hinted that he would be open to returning to play the web-slinging superhero again in the future. There could be plenty of reasons to bring his version of Peter Parker back to the big screen too, and a lot of fans seem to already be on board with the idea following a fresh wave of support for his character in recent weeks.

Spider-Man: No Way Home has now crossed over $1.69 billion worldwide, with $721 million of that coming in from North America and $970 million arriving from overseas. It currently only sits behind Avatar's $760 million, Avengers: Endgame's $858 million, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens' $936 million as the fourth highest-grossing U.S. film of all time.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors