Become a Patron!

Andrew Watkins (CmdRyker from CCV) Illness

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just read this piece over at Phil's site and feel like I got hit with a hammer.

Andrew got me into vaping with my first kit and helped me a great deal...even calling me long-distance just to talk and answer questions. His 36mg "Black 'n Mild" juice was the thing that got me off cigarettes.

I hadn't been to CCV in about a year..then came back to order some juice out of the blue. Guess what? My reward points from that original purchase in 2012 were still on the books. I bought my juice and went on my way. That was just a few months ago...he never even mentioned it.

Don't know what to say...pretty sad about this. :(

Crystal Clear Vaping & Andrew Watkins
By pbusardo on 14 July 2014

I just had a very difficult phone conversation with someone I've dealt a lot with in the past.

His name is Andrew Watkins and he is the owner of Crystal Clear Vaping (CCV).

Andrew has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer which has spread to his liver. He has been given 4 months to live if the kemo and radiation does not work.

I talked to Andrew from his hospital bed and it was not easy for him, but he asked a few favors of me which I'm more than happy to do for him.

• He asked me to keep him in my prayers and thought and I'll do just that. I would ask the same of you.

• He explained to me that he's been training the replacement management of CCV from the hospital bed, but the transition has not been an easy one. There have been customer service and order issues over the last 5 months and he would like to make them right. He's asked me to provide his personal email to you. If you've experienced customer service or order issues with CCV over the last 5 months, please contact him directly so he can address them. Note that he's doing this from his hospital bed. I think this speaks wonders for the man.

I would personally ask you to be patient with him through this difficult time. Perhaps, even if you haven't had any issues with CCV or have never even dealt with CCV, a quick email wishing him well could boost his spirit a bit.

His email address is:
BVmBGGIl.png

I wish you well Andrew.

Thank you everyone.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2014/07/14/crystal-clear-vaping-andrew-watkins/

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I Photoshopped this for him years ago..I guess it's good I'd saved it...

AQXxm.jpg

I emailed him and included that in case it provides a chuckle....

Last edited:

REPETE OFF3ND3R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never met or dealt with him or ccv but truly wish him the best. Someone who has helped so many deserves much better than to be dealt that hand. May the the thoughts and prayers of vapers everywhere be with him throughout his battle

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never met or dealt with him or ccv but truly wish him the best. Someone who has helped so many deserves much better than to be dealt that hand. May the the thoughts and prayers of vapers everywhere be with him throughout his battle

Thanks. Well, he wouldn't be the first friend I've lost to COPD or Stage IV cancer that metastasized. That's pretty much the end-game there.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Prayers going up for Andrew.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so sad. i hate cancer. there is no one who hasn't had someone they care about victimized by this cruel disease. :(

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I read this too on busardo's page. I got all choked. Never ordered from CCV but must be a great guy.

ImahFokker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is horrible. he will be in my thoughts until he wins the battle because number 1 will not surrender!

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This was a big shock when I backed into the story. Earlier this year I went looking for some shorty cartos after Ikenvape closed it's business. No CCV web site - WTH?

A quick google search turned up the busardo post about things and, sad to say, Andrew painted a pretty grim prognosis. He never mentioned anything on "that other vape site" - his last $50.00 monthly contest run in 2014 over there closed very late, he apologized for that - but never said a word about being ill. That was the last time Andrew posted anything.

Best as I could connect the dots the CCV business didn't last much longer than some time in early 2015. No one ever posted anything about Andrew's illness on "that over vape site" either. Not even Phil - and he's a member there. A few customers popped up - and still show up - wondering what happened.

Really sad. I don't think this was Andrew's first brush with cancer either.

VU Sponsors