Annnd THIS is what happens...

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
...when I can't get elevator music out of my head.

0dada16805f2d0127386a00554788a41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so sorry. Why is elevator music in your head bad, though? Just bob your head and take your time. It's not the worst earworm you could have. Sounds lovely, actually.

I sometimes hear (I should qualify... ...not actually, but "in my mind's ear") really shitty children's show music - xylophones tiptoeing under soft, high-pitched choruses of pedophiles going "la-la laaaa-la la-la-la laaaa-la" Also booming classical crescendos... ... that and like, crazy arpeggiated string sections going up and down in accelerating, dissonant harmonies. It's like a bad scene in Star Wars. Sometimes crazy percussion sections that get increasingly louder, too. I feel like I'm at some sort of terrible jungle festival. Also blues singers with entirely too much bravado.

...I wish I was joking. Sometimes it's like a cacophony of bad movie soundtracks in my head. That or a weird mash up of genres I actually listen to, but should never be combined... ...like a virtuoso-metal, bossa-nova song with towering EDM synths set to trap beats and DnB breakbeats.

The cause is usually too much caffeine (especially Monster) or food that isn't food. Migraines inevitably follow. Maybe it's some kind of undocumented aura. Or maybe it's just my brain's way of telling me that I fucked up and consumed too much raw garbage on that particular day. Or I could be actually insane. If not, I will be eventually. *shrugs*

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My best friends grandmother used to always complain about "Tip Toe through the Tulips" being stuck in her head. She was 90ish?

Ive always had a problem with the worst piece of music being stuck on loop in my head so the thought of ending up like her always kinda frightened me.

I just got finished watching 6 seasons of Game of Thrones so guess what was going thru my head for a couple weeks.

This morning I "switched it " and the first thing that my head came up was this, but combined with this wonderful scene from "Insidious"

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Poor guy... just listen to other music when you build! or get premade coils :)

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My best friends grandmother used to always complain about "Tip Toe through the Tulips" being stuck in her head. She was 90ish?

Ive always had a problem with the worst piece of music being stuck on loop in my head so the thought of ending up like her always kinda frightened me.

I just got finished watching 6 seasons of Game of Thrones so guess what was going thru my head for a couple weeks.

This morning I "switched it " and the first thing that my head came up was this, but combined with this wonderful scene from "Insidious"

That's fucking terrible. I couldn't do it. I would need a heavy xanax prescription to tolerate that on a regular basis. That's legit something I would go to therapy for, if such a thing existed.

I'm not as bothered by it as I used to be. I have ADHD and with that comes an ability to passively tune things out. It's also not all bad. I've discovered that if I invite it, I can actually control it and start auralizing all sorts of crazy music. As a musician, it's actually a great tool. It's just too bad that all of the good stuff I come up with that way is well beyond my level of skill, let alone my understanding of how music is structured.

I wonder if one's involvement with music has anything to do with it. Maybe the pathways are too wide in people who listen to a lot and sometimes stuff from your brain's musical side slips out into places it shouldn't be.

This works for me. Listening to music is generally a must when coiling. Sometimes I use wanting to listen to something as an excuse to build. But every now and then, it just winds up being extremely disorienting and I get frustrated at the mistakes I wind up making.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I finally, after 2 hours put in premade twisted kanthal. I'm running at .23 and didn't F it up. Good vape and flavor. Think I'll stick to RBAs and RTAs. Now, what to do with all of the insane RDAs I've purchased.

And yeah. That elevator music was messed up! Hubby had one of his NetFlix Nero Wolfe shows on and considering I blast my shows and music, I though I'd give him a break and not bust out. I could have used my mic headsets but thought I'd cinch it the second time. Shorted out once, but did it. Kinda wonky but at least I have enough cotton in it this time.

Will use headphones and old R&R next time. Actually, Elton John's Yellow Brick Road is my go to when cleaning. Should work like a charm next time.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I finally, after 2 hours put in premade twisted kanthal. I'm running at .23 and didn't F it up. Good vape and flavor. Think I'll stick to RBAs and RTAs. Now, what to do with all of the insane RDAs I've purchased.

And yeah. That elevator music was messed up! Hubby had one of his NetFlix Nero Wolfe shows on and considering I blast my shows and music, I though I'd give him a break and not bust out. I could have used my mic headsets but thought I'd cinch it the second time. Shorted out once, but did it. Kinda wonky but at least I have enough cotton in it this time.

Will use headphones and old R&R next time. Actually, Elton John's Yellow Brick Road is my go to when cleaning. Should work like a charm next time.
you can send me all your insane rda's especially of you have any petri or troll v2

but cheer up you got it to work now...well at least for a while

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One time when I was around 19 years old. I got a song stuck in my head for maybe 4 or 5 months straight. I couldn't remember any of the lyrics, who it was by, or what it was called. I know that it's a fairly well known song from the late 80s-early 90s, but for the life of me I could never track it down. It still bothers me to this day that I can't figure it out, haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One time when I was around 19 years old. I got a song stuck in my head for maybe 4 or 5 months straight. I couldn't remember any of the lyrics, who it was by, or what it was called. I know that it's a fairly well known song from the late 80s-early 90s, but for the life of me I could never track it down. It still bothers me to this day that I can't figure it out, haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Just admit it was barbie girl and move on.

Corrupted it for you.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When tiptoe through the tulips was mentioned I pictured tiny tim dancing through the flowers with his ukulele. Might even be scarier than that vid clip of insidious. The BigNasty had to go and say 'boopy' so all I could hear was Peter off family guy singing 'shipoopi, shipoopi'.

Speaking of songs that get stuck in your head, think I'll just leave this one :p Not sure what kind of coils this would inspire. haha

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
you can send me all your insane rda's especially of you have any petri or troll v2

but cheer up you got it to work now...well at least for a while

Matt, I have the original Troll. I do have the Petri v2 and a Petri RDA v2. Clones though...no certificate of Authenticity. Beautiful though. Red with gold and the detail is amazing. PM me. We shouldn't talk about it here.

VU Sponsors