Become a Patron!

Another Exploding Loose Battery Lie - Intense video shows a vape exploding inside a dude's pocket

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://mashable.com/2016/11/02/vape-explodes-pocket/#oO2ymOG94SqY

"Although it's still unclear what caused the malfunction, Britel believes that the battery made contact with coins in his pocket, which shorted the circuit and triggered the explosion."

"Britel says he purchased the Chinese battery from a local shop in Toulouse. He plans to sue the manufacturer of the battery, although its name was not released."

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?

The loose 18650 wasn't inserted into this assholes pocket by any manufacturer.

HE put it in there with keys and/or change, HE is Stupid, HE is to blame! - 5150

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I had an exterminator at our cabin recently. He's not a vaper, but uses an 18650 flashlight. I commented that his flashlight wasn't very bright and he said, "Yeah, the battery is a bit low, but I've got a spare." It was a Trustfire -- which he pulled out of his pocket -- bare!

I gave him a bit of a lecture, a two-cell plastic case, and one of my older 25Rs.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I look at it this way, would you put an un-folded pocket knife in your pocket and not expect to get cut? That in essence is what these Darwin Award nominees are doing.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an exterminator at our cabin recently. He's not a vaper, but uses an 18650 flashlight. I commented that his flashlight wasn't very bright and he said, "Yeah, the battery is a bit low, but I've got a spare." It was a Trustfire -- which he pulled out of his pocket -- bare!

I gave him a bit of a lecture, a two-cell plastic case, and one of my older 25Rs.

Good man.

Did he take the lesson well? I can imagine more than a few folks getting defensive. :(

Zam... I like your knife analogy.
I'll have to give it some thought but it may bear repeating.
We need to get something out there to make more people realize we're not dealing with little 1.5v AAs here.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I always think of this when someone gets all bent out of shape when a battery that they leave rolling around in their pocket or purse explodes:

1240_n.jpg

VU Sponsors