Become a Patron!

Another MM recipe?

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like making my own juice. What I don't like is waste. I mean I HATE throwing anything out. It's because of that that most juices I make are usually someone else's recipe, one that others can attest to after having made it as well (I just recently made HIC's Purple Cow after finding it here). For the last year or so, I've been trying all these Mother's Milk "clone" recipes (ones with decent reviews), only to find none that taste like the real McCoy. That's not to say the recipes I've found & made weren't good, they were (or they got good with some tinkering), but they weren't what I expected- the taste of MM. It's also because of all that that I started messing around trying to come up with something close. Although I'm not sure this is it, my buddy says it is. It seems weird how people can taste the same thing & get varying opinions on the results. I believe it's almost close, but still a very pleasant vape. I've made it this way twice now & it definitely needs a couple of weeks before you get much flavor, but it comes on pretty good in the end.

7% Strawberry Ripe- TFA
3% Graham Cracker- CAP
3% Bavarian Cream- TFA
2% Sweet Cream- TFA
2% Vanilla Custard- CAP

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have CAP Cake Batter and a bottle of original mother's milk then smell one and the other, you will smell the faint hint of Cake Batter in the original. I am pretty sure it is about 0.25 to 0.50% cake batter in the original. It takes a couple of weeks steeping at those low percentages for the cake batter to appear. At 1% cake batter it will dominate the mix after 2 weeks.

Your mix looks real tasty though, gonna give it a shot.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like making my own juice. What I don't like is waste. I mean I HATE throwing anything out. It's because of that that most juices I make are usually someone else's recipe, one that others can attest to after having made it as well (I just recently made HIC's Purple Cow after finding it here). For the last year or so, I've been trying all these Mother's Milk "clone" recipes (ones with decent reviews), only to find none that taste like the real McCoy. That's not to say the recipes I've found & made weren't good, they were (or they got good with some tinkering), but they weren't what I expected- the taste of MM. It's also because of all that that I started messing around trying to come up with something close. Although I'm not sure this is it, my buddy says it is. It seems weird how people can taste the same thing & get varying opinions on the results. I believe it's almost close, but still a very pleasant vape. I've made it this way twice now & it definitely needs a couple of weeks before you get much flavor, but it comes on pretty good in the end.

7% Strawberry Ripe- TFA
3% Graham Cracker- CAP
3% Bavarian Cream- TFA
2% Sweet Cream- TFA
2% Vanilla Custard- CAP
Did you try adding a bit of captain crunch or berry crunch to your mix at anytime?

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have CAP Cake Batter and a bottle of original mother's milk then smell one and the other, you will smell the faint hint of Cake Batter in the original. I am pretty sure it is about 0.25 to 0.50% cake batter in the original. It takes a couple of weeks steeping at those low percentages for the cake batter to appear. At 1% cake batter it will dominate the mix after 2 weeks.

Your mix looks real tasty though, gonna give it a shot.

I do have cake batter here because I tried it in another, earlier version. The problem then was was that it was overwhelming. I believe I used 2% though, so that falls in line with what you're saying. Maybe a good idea would be to sub it in (at .5%) & I'm thinking of removing one of the two creams (Bavarian or sweet). I may try that next month. That's probably when I'll make it again. I just made a batch a couple of days ago & I usually let it sit 2-3 weeks before I start vaping it seriously (I do usually do a sample by at least one week, though). I see a lot of online recipes calling for the cake batter, too. Thanks.

Did you try adding a bit of captain crunch or berry crunch to your mix at anytime?

No, I never have tried any cereal flavors while attempting an MM clone. I HAVE tried things like a little pear & dragon fruit, but I now believe I probably never needed them. I really think MM is probably a quite simple recipe of only a few flavors, but I need to get those flavors (& percentages) down. I do plan on doing a cereal recipe soon, though. Thanks.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Howard Hughes Thank you very much for sharing your recipe.
Don't you think Strawberry Ripe 7% will be mellow after few week steep? Any advice will be appreciated Thanks

If you say mellow meaning too faint, yes it does remain quite faint after steeping, but that's how Mother's Milk tastes to me. I always hear about people saying it tastes like strawberry milk, but to be honest, I hardly taste any strawberry in the original MM. I guess that's why this tastes sort of like it to me (at least the strawberry part). I also know that a lot of people have trouble even tasting strawberry, but I'm not one of them (at least when I DIY). I agree that you could probably go as high as 10% on the Ripe, but other strawberry flavors can be different. Ripe is one that I always have here. I really want to try the Shisha but I haven't yet.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree HH, I get a hint of strawberry as well with the original, more like the sweetness of SB instead of the actual flavor. I also agree that it is a simple recipe but the flavors work together to make it so tasty. The hint of Cake Batter, then hints of Graham Cracker with a mellow Custard base and mild SB sweetness, they all work together so well. No wonder it is probably one of, if not the most cloned recipe out there.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shisha SB is the one you want when you need the SB flavor to come through, it is soooo good as well. I still use TFA Ripe, regular and CAP Sweet SB as well but the SB King is Shisha.

I have been using Shisha SB for a few months now but finally got some more INW Shisha flavors in. You really need to pick up some Shisha Vanilla as well, one of the best vanilla's out there, reminds me of vanilla pudding. INW is quickly becoming one of my favorite flavor makers, they have some duds like every other company but there great flavors just make you go wow.

I actually wound up ordering my INW flavors from Poland, the price with shipping came out to less than the US sites and they're packaged in original packaging, no re-bottling: http://e-aromashop.com/ Make sure and click on the british flag in the top left corner for the english version of the site. Shipping was about 10 days with their cheapest option.

I did make a thread to get some help on what to order from INW if you want to check it out: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/inawera-must-haves.207273/

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shisha SB is the one you want when you need the SB flavor to come through, it is soooo good as well. I still use TFA Ripe, regular and CAP Sweet SB as well but the SB King is Shisha.

I have been using Shisha SB for a few months now but finally got some more INW Shisha flavors in. You really need to pick up some Shisha Vanilla as well, one of the best vanilla's out there, reminds me of vanilla pudding. INW is quickly becoming one of my favorite flavor makers, they have some duds like every other company but there great flavors just make you go wow.

I actually wound up ordering my INW flavors from Poland, the price with shipping came out to less than the US sites and they're packaged in original packaging, no re-bottling: http://e-aromashop.com/ Make sure and click on the british flag in the top left corner for the english version of the site. Shipping was about 10 days with their cheapest option.

I did make a thread to get some help on what to order from INW if you want to check it out: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/inawera-must-haves.207273/

Thanks for the info & the link.
Once I get my incoming flavor order paid off my credit card, I guess I'll be getting an INW order together.
It never ends. :facepalm:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd bet you could use the Shisha SB in this, but at 1-2% of course.

Got some Shisha Vanilla ordered out of curiosity.
Just to compare with DIYFS French Vanilla, as it's kinda pricey.
Be nice to find a cheaper alternative...

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd bet you could use the Shisha SB in this, but at 1-2% of course.

Got some Shisha Vanilla ordered out of curiosity.
Just to compare with DIYFS French Vanilla, as it's kinda pricey.
Be nice to find a cheaper alternative...

Well mjag here seems to like it. Let us know what you think when you get it, as well.
Are they supposed to be THAT concentrated, where you don't need much?

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am agree with mjag, Their Shisha Strawberry is excellent I used with combination of SB ripe. @mjag have you tried bullcityvapor? whenever I bought from them I always got original packaging. I am lucky that I have INW Shisha Vanilla too :bingo:. Today's assignment :tigercat:HH-AMM (Howard Hughes - Another MonthMilk)

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well mjag here seems to like it. Let us know what you think when you get it, as well.
INW is very very concentrate , I think some of their flavors more than FA (expert can put some light on it) :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have ordered from BCV and didn't get original packaging, it was back in November though when I first tried Shisha SB and got hooked. I know BCV is good about mentioning when they have original packaging but don't see that with the few INW flavors I checked on there site. I would trust that BCV gets it right though, there one of the best out there. Still though, if I can get original packaging for the same price then I would pick that over re-bottled every day.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Been using 2% Shisha for over a month and it's my favorite now.
Was using CAP Sweet Strawberry + TFA Strawberry Ripe at 5-6% total before.
Still a good combo tho.
Some have to use more but I'm fortunate enough to get lots of flavor with both SB & BB.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Awesome, I'll have both the shisha vanilla and the shisha sb in the mail Monday, now I can't wait.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Subbing, and adding a couple more flavors to my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tomorrow is a week since I made this last batch, so I got into some today. As expected the flavors are starting to come on. It is pretty close, but next time I will omit the vanilla custard & replace it with either cake batter (which sounds really good) or yellow cake- a flavor I've long suspected to be in the real thing. This is real nice the way it is. In fact, it's so good that my buddy offered to take ALL of it off my hands (I think not!). It's really good & SO close, almost there for my preference.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep the vanilla custard and just add 0.50% of cake batter.

I know SB reformulated the original MM to take out the diacetyl so it's going to be a little different than their original.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to taking out the Sweet Cream and/or Bavarian Cream and replacing it with CAP Lemon Meringue Pie. I know it sounds odd but it works and you won't get much lemon but it will help to brighten and boost the strawberry just a bit.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep the vanilla custard and just add 0.50% of cake batter.

That would be another possibility. Sometimes I swear there's yellow cake in it too, though. Still, I may try your suggestion, thanks.

I know SB reformulated the original MM to take out the diacetyl so it's going to be a little different than their original.

Yeah, I knew about that, but I still occasionally buy MM & although you're right, it's not exactly like it used to be, it's still pretty good to me.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cake Batter & Lemon Meringue Pie? Sounds very nice. In fact this recipe that I put on this thread isn't current anymore, as I've made another couple of small batches since then, both being different. Although they both contained Cake Batter, neither had the Lemon Meringue Pie. Now with your idea I guess I have another one to try. :facepalm:

And I will (I just need to add Lemon Meringue Pie to my next flavor order.:)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemon Meringue is a good flavor to have on hand, I really don't taste the lemon in the MM clone but it adds a little something to it. It really needs at least a couple of weeks steeping for all the flavors to some through, a month is even better.

VU Sponsors