Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Digiflavor Pharaoh RTA review

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow now that leaking is a bummer, I have a Brand new Gold Version 2 I got from myfreedomsmokes. Do you know what the difference between V 1 and V2 is ? I do not like leaking and I don't like dry hits I was expecting better because it is made by a company with a good track record on quality and I placed some faith in Rip hum so I am waiting for a pre built Alien coil and some pre built Claptons and I was going to give this a try now I feel I might fail before I even try. Should I just chalk it up and kiss 44.00 dollars goodbye and find a better RTA. Thank you SirRichardRear for your review..

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow now that leaking is a bummer, I have a Brand new Gold Version 2 I got from myfreedomsmokes. Do you know what the difference between V 1 and V2 is ? I do not like leaking and I don't like dry hits I was expecting better because it is made by a company with a good track record on quality and I placed some faith in Rip hum so I am waiting for a pre built Alien coil and some pre built Claptons and I was going to give this a try now I feel I might fail before I even try. Should I just chalk it up and kiss 44.00 dollars goodbye and find a better RTA. Thank you SirRichardRear for your review..

There is no V2. Its the item number probably their second stock. Mine may be defective and it may be only the gold ones. Not really sure. I just ordered a black one as well. Mine will wiggle and I can see where the AFC part separates from the bottom when I do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hum I will play with mine and see if it is doing what your is doing. Please let me know if your black one is acting up. My Coils should arrive on Monday and I will mix some PG VG only mix build it and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review mate

That leaking is crazy! Sod that glad I didn't pull the trigger on this one such a shame I absolutely love the pharoah dripper and that same stock deck ...glad I waited on this one also hate how it looks with the extension on they definitely need to go back to the drawing board and come out with a V2 also get rid of the pointless top airflow unless they utilise it properly

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review mate

That's leaking is crazy! Sod that glad I didn't pull the trigger on this one such a shame I absolutely love the pharoah dripper and that same stock deck ...glad I waited on this one also hate how it looks with the extension on they definitely need to go back to the drawing board and come out with a V2 also get rid of the pointless top airflow unless they utilise it properly
Top airflow should never be an option unless they do it right and channel it down the sides and under the coil. pure top air sucks for flavor no matter how they angle it

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I might give it apass on the top airflow because I can turn it off if I don't like it, but that leaking is surely a deal breaker for me.

Last night I did something I just don't do...I watched a couple of reviews on YouTube just to see what others were saying. To see if they were honest or if they were gonna pimp it.

Sure enough MikeVapes raved about how great it was and how the top airflow was the greatest thing since pockets on shirts. He wicked the thing up different than I've ever seen where he didn't cut the tails off the cotton, but stuffed the juice well and folded the rest of it back up onto the part that goes down into the well. He claimed it was wicking great and didn't appear to be dry hitting, but he wasn't hitting it like your were on your video either, Anthony. The bubbles after a draw were so small the camera would barely pick 'em up. I sincerely doubt he could of taken 4-5 draws in quick succession like you did and the wick woulda kept up.

Ohmboy Josh also raved about it, and praised the top airflow and how much it improved the flavor. He did admit that "it does leak a little but it's nothing serious".

Both of them did agree the top cap with the 510 adapter was just a bad idea and wished for a removable DT instead of the fixed.

It just reinforces what I said weeks ago. If I'm gonna spend my valuable data watching video reviews, it'll certainly be Anthony_Vapes!

Ive had the Pharaoh RTA for a few weeks now and, at first, i had some MINOR leakage. Tried wicking RiPs way and it failed. Like Anthony said, one or two saturated hits, then burnt cotton. Got really frustrated, but i didnt give up. Tried a multitude of wicking methods to no avail. So, i tried Rips way again. Watched his review on it and mimicked him EXACTLY. Im using Koh Gen Do pads, cut to the width of my pinky(bout 3/8" - 7/16"). Its tight pulling it through, somewhat, but if you do it EXACTLY LIKE RIP DOES, up until the point he tucks in the tails itll work. Before i tuck the tails into the well, i trim some off the sides of wick. Just a small amount. Maybe 1mm or so. Just enough to where it doesnt feel like youre cramming the cotton in the well to get the deck to fit into the tank. The wicking is finicky, at first, but if you can hang with it till you get it figured out, youll be very satisfied with the result. Or you could just buy a KYLIN, lol! J/K RiP(or am I?) The Pharaoh is an amazing vape IMHO. The Kylin has finicky wicking also, but it as well is a very enjoyable, flavorful vape. I own both! Best of Luck vape fam!

Last edited:
Well, I might give it apass on the top airflow because I can turn it off if I don't like it, but that leaking is surely a deal breaker for me.

Last night I did something I just don't do...I watched a couple of reviews on YouTube just to see what others were saying. To see if they were honest or if they were gonna pimp it.

Sure enough MikeVapes raved about how great it was and how the top airflow was the greatest thing since pockets on shirts. He wicked the thing up different than I've ever seen where he didn't cut the tails off the cotton, but stuffed the juice well and folded the rest of it back up onto the part that goes down into the well. He claimed it was wicking great and didn't appear to be dry hitting, but he wasn't hitting it like your were on your video either, Anthony. The bubbles after a draw were so small the camera would barely pick 'em up. I sincerely doubt he could of taken 4-5 draws in quick succession like you did and the wick woulda kept up.

Ohmboy Josh also raved about it, and praised the top airflow and how much it improved the flavor. He did admit that "it does leak a little but it's nothing serious".

Both of them did agree the top cap with the 510 adapter was just a bad idea and wished for a removable DT instead of the fixed.

It just reinforces what I said weeks ago. If I'm gonna spend my valuable data watching video reviews, it'll certainly be Anthony_Vapes!

If you'll watch RiP Trippers video on the Pharaoh RTA, he tells everyone that the tails have to be folded because the wicking is sooo efficient. I recommend watching it since The Pharaoh is his project, lol!

There is no V2. Its the item number probably their second stock. Mine may be defective and it may be only the gold ones. Not really sure. I just ordered a black one as well. Mine will wiggle and I can see where the AFC part separates from the bottom when I do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Are you still having problems with the Pharaoh? If so, lemme know. I can try to help.

Top airflow should never be an option unless they do it right and channel it down the sides and under the coil. pure top air sucks for flavor no matter how they angle it

I keep bottom 3/4 open and the top just enough to tell its cracked. For w.e. reason it helps TREMENDOUSLY with the juice flow/wicking!

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to pull the trigger
Gotta love Facebook sales ...28.00 shipped
3743d66ccff16fb458daba3581bb8cdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Are you still having problems with the Pharaoh? If so, lemme know. I can try to help.
I already found it. it's a faulty press fit base. They are sending me another. i'm going to do an update video on my channel

I already found it. it's a faulty press fit base. They are sending me another. i'm going to do an update video on my channel

Well that sucks. The press fit base? Talking bout the o-rings above and below the glass tank?

Facebook sales? Im curious, where you go on FB to buy stuff?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well that sucks. The press fit base? Talking bout the o-rings above and below the glass tank?

Facebook sales? Im curious, where you go on FB to buy stuff?
No the base itself is press fit in. it's a deisgn a lot of attys have but the issue is alot of times due to poor manufacturing you'll get a fault one that leaks. it was really common on the merlin and the original kylin and i've hread of a few (myself included) with the pharaoh. I have a black one too no and that one doesn't leak

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anthony Vapes go look at my first ever build on my Pharaoh, it is in the SX Mini thread on Coval thread... It has not been leaking... Big big step for me and I followed Rips method the best I could.

VU Sponsors