Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Perlvape Perl Pod Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Perlvape Perl Pod, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this product is not marked as a sample and should be the retail version.

Introduction:
The Perl is the only device from what appears to be a new company to me perlvape as their site only has the perl and it’s replacement pods listed. The Perl is a simple pod system which is a popular style of vape these days. The Perl is a pretty large in size AIO Pod system like a voopoo panda or joyetech dolphin with a built in 1150mah battery and n inhale to fire. It’s available in 2 colors Black and White and is available online from heavengifts for 46.55 listed for pre-order and as an “exclusive”.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 100 x 49 x 24mm
  • Material: Polycarbonate/ Medical Grade Silicone
  • Vapor Strength Settings: 3 Levels
  • Battery: Built-in 1150mAh
  • Charge Time: 60 Minutes
  • Pod Capacity: 2ml
  • Pod Resistance: 1.5ohm
  • Inhale-activated switch
  • Touch sensor for easy operation
  • 3-level vapor strength control
  • Ceramic heating system
Included in box:
  • 1 x Perl Pod Device
  • 1 x Refillable Ceramic Pod
  • 1 x Silicone Mouthpiece
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x USB Cable
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Perlvape Perl is a flat thick and tall style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s quite large though similar to a larger voopoo panda or a joyetech dolphin. It’s not big per se, but big for a pod system. The largest one i’ve come across so far. There is no adjustable air on this device which would have been cool but not a big deal as most this style don’t have adjustable air. It’s a MTL vape not super tight but not loose either. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 1150mah so very large battery as well for a pod system. It features built in USB charging but they don’t list charge rate but list it as a 60 min to charge. It does not have passthrough vaping. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and is pretty comfy to use and made of rubber. The Perl is mostly nicely built and feels solid but mine has some loud rattling as if something is broken off on the inside and sounds like a maraca and came like that as i never dropped it or did anything that could have damaged it. The coloring is beautiful and a mixture of matte black plastic with a shiny black panel with the perl logo.

The Pod itself is really easy to fill. To remove the pod just pull up on the drip tip. You do need to use a fingernail or something to grip under it. It would have been nice to have something to grip better but as someone who bites their fingernails, I still had no issues. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are built into the pod like the Wismec Motiv 2 or rincoe Ceto. The pods are magnetic but also click into place. The magnets aren’t super strong though and probably wouldn’t be noticed by most. They are easy enough to remove and stay in place perfectly. To fill them pull out the pod, then take off the rubber mouthpiece by flipping it up where the mouth hole is and it pops off. The mouthpiece acts as the plug as well so once it’s off you’ll have 2 exposed fill holes. The fill hole is a good size but needs a fine tooth bottle still. The pods are not tinted at all which is great. They are clear as it should be. There is also a nice cutout so your juice level is completely visible which is how all pods should be so well done there.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s an inhale to fire device with no physical buttons. It does have a touch button though to adjust the power output and 3 levels. Each level is an LED on the front and the touch button is below them. Tap the button 3 times and it’ll show you the power setting by lighting up the appropriate LED which are labeled clearly as 1 (low) 2 (medium) and 3 (high) as well as tell you the battery level. The battery level is the LED under the touch button. Green means 50-100%, yellow is 25-50% and red is under 25%. To change the power setting do your 3 taps and then keep tapping until the setting you want to use is lit up and then wait for it to accept it. Really well done and nicely laid out and I like that you can check the battery level without having to fire to see it.

Coil Performance and details
The Perl comes with 1 pod which is disappointing. I wish they included a spare as pod as well. All pods systems should come with an extra pod. The pods for this are quite expensive as well as they are around 8 USD each compared to the normal pricing of 5-6 USD per pod for most. There is only 1 type of pod for this which uses the 1.5 ohm ceramic coil. With that said the coil i received was just awful. From the start there is just no flavor and a bad taste. It’s not burnt out it’s just bad. I was hoping it would break in and willed myself through 4ml of juice and it was still the same as the first puff and i gave up at that point. I can't even describe the flavor other than just nonexistent and bad. The 1 mode was the least painful as it muted the bad taste a bit but was weak and flavorless. The 2 and 3 seemed like they would be good if the coils weren’t so bad. I used all 50% VG nic salt juice 20 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • good 2ml capacity pods
  • easily removable pods
  • easy to refill
  • nice looks and comfy shape
  • Inhale to fire worked great with no issues or misfires
  • great battery size for such a small device
  • 60 min to full charge
  • adjustable power output
  • great battery meter that’s easy to check
  • soft rubber mouthpiece
  • easy to see juice level and clear pod
Cons:
  • only comes with 1 pod
  • lack of color options
  • build quality (mine rattles when you shake it)
  • large size for a MTL pod system
  • price point (around 50 USD and 8 USD per pod)
  • coil performance was really bad
  • No Passthrough Vaping
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to have to make a no. Pod systems really need their coils to perform and this was one of the worst performing one’s i’ve had along with the artery pal mini. That’s the easy fail for me. The device itself however does get a lot of things right. If my rattle issue is a one off QC thing and not rampant the device itself is nice and gets right what a lot of other pods got wrong. The easy to see battery meter evenly spaced out, the fact you can see the battery level without vaping, adjustable power level, easy to see juice level all really nice. If they make better coils it would be a good device but as it stands now it’s not good and i can't recommend it. I won’t be adding it to my list of recs linked below

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from heavengifts

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors