Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Tarot Pro Text Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Vaporesso tarot Pro mod. Disclaimer Wise, this product was sent to me from elementvape.com for the purpose of this review.

Introduction:
The Vaporesso Tarot Pro Features the Omni chip. It’s a dual 18650 battery regulated 160 watt mod. It’s available in 3 colors, Yellow, Grey, and Stainless. It features watt curve modes, temp curve modes, temp control (Ss, Ni, Ti TCR) Bypass mode, and has a smart watt feature where it changes your watts when changing atomizers. Which can help in not making a mistake and popping a coil.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 93mm by 57mm by 23mm
  • Dual High Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-160W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0-8.5V
  • Temperature Control Range: 280-600F
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Lightweight Zinc and Aluminum Alloy Construction
  • Gorgeous Carbon Fiber Finish - Various Designs
  • Vaporesso OMNI Board Chipset
  • Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
  • Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
  • Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
  • Intuitive 0.91" OLED Display
  • Highly Responsive Adjustment and Firing Mechanisms
  • Magnetized Battery Cover
  • Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 x Vaporesso tarot Pro mod

• 1 x USB Cable

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info
Pictures and test results
Stock Shot Colors:
vaporesso_tarot_pro_160w_tc_box_mod_cover.jpg

Screen Info:
BIhazz5.png

Watt Curve Mode:
xk22gKI.png

Battery Sled:
HaJun61.png

Attaching new atomizer:
cSQ8Na9.png

Test Chart:
XHewcdG.png

Spreadsheet:
XNu07uf.png

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I was pretty excited. I haven’t tested an omni chip yet (shocking right) and I really wanted to try one out. I was impressed with how well built it was. Being it was my 1st Vaporesso mod I didn't really know what to expect. The mod has weight to it, the buttons have no rattle, the plates seem to be made of some sort of plastic and aren’t just a sticker. It’s a nice well built solid mod. The menu however i thought could have been done much better. There is a menu button and it pretty much does everything. It takes getting used to and i felt it could have been done better.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .22 and .53 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance stabile (locks in resistance not live resistance) and pretty accurate. The wattage testing points were max watts (160) 140, 120, 100, 80, 60, 40, and 20. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 161 watts so it was able to do it’s full watt range with a .11 ohm build which is nice. That’s 38 amps and right in line with most dual batteyr mods. It’s possible it could push a few more with a .1 ohm build as well. the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 3 watts which is pretty impressive. Under 100 it was never off by more than 2 watts. At the .15 test it maxed out at 163 watts again reaching it’s max wattage with a few extra. It was never off by more than 4 watts for the rest of the testing. For the .22 test it maxed out at 169 and was never more than 6 watts off for the rest of the tests. Under 100 it was never off by more than 2. For the high resistance test of .53 it maxed out at 102 watts and 7.369 volts. For the rest of the testing it was never of by more than 6 watts. My max wattage overall was 169 which is a little higher than the rated 160 watts so it does do the promised wattage all the way down to a .11 ohm build and possibly lower. The 7.369 volt limit is a little higher than most dual battery mods as well. While it doesn't reach the 8.5 promised to be fair the 8.5 is likely the rating in bypass mode (8.4 on full batteries in theory) and I don’t test bypass as I feel it is a pointless mode. So i’m ok with the ratings the mod has. It’s accurately rated and it’s limits are average to above average for most dual battery mods. The output signal is smooth and consistent. In usage it feels like an accurate and smooth hitting mod. Overall I was impressed with the performance of the chip. It’s accurate, rated correctly, and does a good job. Also a big note is this mod stayed cool to the touch and never even got warm on me. Also the watt curve mode works perfectly and is smooth in it’s transition to lower watts.

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS316 mode, the temp control of this mod reminds me a bit of the drag and the icon. Meaning it’s good, but has limitations. It seems to use it’s “smart wattage” system where it automatically picks the watts to output. You can’t set your ramp up. On all the builds i tried (half a dozen) None of them gave me over 60 watts output. Meaning for big dual coil builds that needed 60+ watts the ramp up was non existent. However with big single coil builds and regular spaced dual coil round wire where 60 watts was enough to heat it up, the mod did a fantastic job. The dry hit protection was great. Never a dry hit. Ramp up was decent, it felt accurate and cut off when needed and was smooth and consistent. Best range 400-480 depending on your preference. Overall it’s a good temp control mod, but with watt limitations so it won’t work well for big dual coil builds. For big single coil builds and basic single or dual coils, it performs admirably.

Other Usage Notes
The menu system really needs some work. I’m also using a revenger mod and the menu isn’t any better on that. I do like the extra menu button but it shouldn’t do everything, you should be able to sue up and down buttons in the menu as well. It can be difficult to learn how to program this mod. With that said, once you get the hang of it, you can program everything on chip and the mod itself just works. It’s a workhorse mod that looks great and feels great.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions
Overall i was pretty impressed with the omni chip. I’ll likely be testing the revenger this weekend and i’m hoping to see similar results. The fact it can do it’s full 160 watts in a wide range of resistances is impressive. It’s volt and amp limits are average to above average. All my griped with this mod are personal and subjective. Outside of the watt limitations in temp control mode i can't find any factual flaws in the mod. It’s built well, it works well, it’s just a solid all around mod at a good price. With that said I do have a few personal gripes. First and foremost the menu system. It’s not as bad or annoying as the wismecs but it’s much worse than the smok, ijoy, asmodus, sigelei etc counterparts. For someone like me that uses a lot of mods, it takes a second to remember how it works. If it’s your everyday driver, it shouldn’t be any issue. By next gripe is the shape. It’s tall and thin. 24mm atomizers will overhang a bit. 23mm is the largest it takes without overhang and even then due to the shape it doesn't exactly look great. It may not bother some, but it bothers me so i’ll mention it. My other gripe with it is due to it’s shape and slim profile it tips over really easy. I must have knocked this mod over at least a dozen times personally. The good news is it withstood all the drops and still looks new lol, but especially with a big heavy tank (like the pharaoh RTA) it’s super easy to knock over.

Pros:
  • Very Well Built Mod
  • Price Point (44 bucks on elementvape.com)
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance with builds under 60 watts
  • Looks and style
Cons:
  • Temp Control on larger builds (doesn't ramp up 60 watt limit)
  • 23mm wide so 24mm atomizers overhang
  • Thin and tall profile makes it easy to knock over
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t do hard yes or no but this one leans pretty heavy towards the yes. It’s watt mode performance was excellent for any price range, but the fact it’s such an inexpensive mod makes it that much better. It’s temp control performance is very good as well as long as you don’t vape high watts and not everyone does. It’s a well built mod that’s inexpensive and performs great so it’s pretty hard not to say yes to it. Most of my gripes with it was personal which may not bother many. For those looking for a pocket mod, it’s slim profile is probably a pro for them. So it all depends on what you like but performance wise it’s a great mod so it’s gonna lean towards the yes pretty heavily. I’ll be adding this to my sheet as a watt mode device and also as a mid range temp control device with the caveat of the 60 watt limit (much like I did with the drag)

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has separate tabs for each type of device.

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Also again I want to thank elementvape.com for sending me this product for review. You can I will provide a link to the tarot pro https://www.elementvape.com/vaporesso-tarot-pro-160w-tc-box-mod they have them in stock for 43.95 currently all 3 colors. Personally I really like the yellow.

This is Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I’ll catch you on the next review.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Woah that is definitely a nice looking piece. Somehow I've never seen it before. Thanks for all of your great reviews. It's really nice to have reviews from you, and some of the other guys, that I can trust.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Woah that is definitely a nice looking piece. Somehow I've never seen it before. Thanks for all of your great reviews. It's really nice to have reviews from you, and some of the other guys, that I can trust.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
anytime :) thanks for reading

VU Sponsors