Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Xomo mini 2018 pod kit review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Xomo Mini 2018 Pod Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Xomo mini 2018 is a mini pod system with a built in 1200mah battery and 2 ml refillable pods with the coil built into it. It’s very affordable at around 15 bucks on element vape currently and is available in 12 color options. All have the black casing but different stickers for designs like crocodile skins and leopard prints in different colors.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • All-in-One Design
  • Dimensions: 57mm by 39mm by 23mm
  • Plug-and-Play Ecosystem
  • 2mL Juice Capacity
  • Integrated 1200mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Maximum Wattage: 18w
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.5ohm
  • Direct Voltage-Based Output
  • Draw-Activated Firing Mechanism
  • Colorful LED Light Battery Indicator
  • Micro USB Charging Port
Included in box:
  • 1 XOMO Mini 2018 Kit
  • 1 Pod Cartridge
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Neck Lanyard
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album
https://imgur.com/a/YujsXT6

Kit Rundown
The Xomo mini 2018 Is a Pod style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It’s a miniature one at that with a tiny box shape unlike the pen shaped one’s we mostly see. It’s features a top airflow that has a loose MTL vape. Air is non adjustable like most pods. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 1200 mah and has pretty good life thanks to the low power output (max 18 watts listed). It features built in USB charging but they don’t list the rate. Still it charges pretty fast. I didn't time it but charging from a laptop USB it seemed around 2-3 hours to charge.

It has 1 red LED Light on it. It’s on the bottom of the mod so not visible while vaping. It stays on while charging and turns off when the pod is fully charged. It blinks when the battery is low. Filling the pod is very easy the bottom of the pod has a rubber plug like all pods. Use a fine point bottle to fill it. The pod itself is really hard to get out and nowhere to grip on it so i usually just bit down on the mouthpiece with my teeth to pop it out. The pod itself is really tinted dark so juice level is hard to see. There is a cutout on the front of the mod to see juice level but it’s too dark to see it without removing it or shining a light on it. Usage is very easy, there are no buttons or anything. No on or off. All you do is inhale to activate however it was iffy at best I’ll talk about that more in the coil performance part.

Coil Performance and details
The kit comes with 1 pod/coil which is the only kind available for the Xomo Mini 2018. I’m not happy they didn’t include a spare personally. They don’t list resistance. As far as the actual coil performance goes. The flavor was pretty poor even for a pod system. I used only 50/50 30 mg nic salt juices in it. My main issues with this were too plentiful to really talk about the coil. First off, half the time it would not fire at all. It got progressively worse after about 5-6 ml though the coil. I never got any good flavor or consistent performance. On top of that at around the 8ml mark the mod flatout died on me and refuses to fire. So now it’s a paperweight that’s been sitting for a while for as i reviewed other things but needed to get to this eventually. You can also see the coil inside the pod and it’s a 4 wrap of thin wire (probably 30-32g) likely kanthal about 2.5mm ID

Pros:
  • Color Options
  • Size - (very easy to pocket)
  • Looks and style
  • Battery Life
  • Low Juice Consumption
  • great for beginners due to ease of use
  • Charges fast (under 2 hours)
  • price point (under 15 dollars)
  • refillable pods
Cons:
  • coil performance
  • mod misfired a lot
  • mod died fairly quickly on me
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is an easy hard no for me. It’s a “junk tier” pod system which is sad because it’s a great form factor with a nice battery, but the performance was bad, the mod misfired a lot and then died so pretty easy to give this a no. It hasn’t got much attention and that’s a good thing, lets just pretend this doesn't exist but in case anyone is looking at one, I wanted to get this out as a warning.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from elementvape

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors