LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just wondering if we have any collectors of old vape gear out there?
I have a couple (2) Screwdriver MK1's. Not sure how many will remember them
but they were one of the hot new mods back around 08 or 09. Made by Trogg in the UK
And a real game changer for the time,
I know there are collectors for everything, why not vape gear. So I thought I'd pull
them out and see. Let me Know if there is an intrest.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested, what you looking to get for them? Pm me if you like

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, glad to see the interest, for the nostalgia of where we have come, there pretty dang cool.
I would trade for any decent (not necessarily expensive) Dripping 3 post RDA or a bottom feed RBA.
I'm pretty much a squanker (bottom feed mods) now days but I do use a dripper for juice testing.
Maybe if they both go together I could get a cool Mech or botton feed Mod, you know just layin around :D
Sorry, tried to figure out how to work the PM thing, but couldn't :confused:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trog is still making these believe it or not, I have 6 myself, haha, including his lasted version. I still use them as I have yet to find anything that fits my hand better.

It's good to see other "old schoolers" still kickin around LadyBren :)

Are these the bolt-tyle switch? Or the original electronic switch?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I purchased a Hitlers Hearth ashtray right before I started vaping.

Before someone gets the wrong idea it is a rare symbol of his absolute defeat and the end of Nazi Germany

Sadly (or Gladly) I never got to use it.

It can be yours for $600

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ES, Yes, it is true they still are made but here is what Trogg wrote as of 5-31-14 on the Forum
over there.

"we still make the original Screwdriver (with a few changes) but only to order and we don't sell many..
the MK3B.. is a bit of an unknown and is only being made because the Chinese company who make the Keyring and Maxis for us ask if they could make one.. its still an ongoing process.. definitely not a mass market thing.."

Mine are the bolt style switches and the ones Trogg made himself back then, before he got with China
They are still great mods and it has been a blast to
see how things have changed over the years yet still stayed the same, really the Screwdriver isn't to far off the mech. mods out today.
After all they were really the first "mech mods" that came out. And remember, "the hot new thing"
You know I have never tried to see if any of the tanks out today might actually fit and work (I have the 901 to 510 connector) hmm, I wonder. Do you still use cartos or atty's on yours or have you found a tank that works?
Funny to think now that there were no tanks then :D

Last edited:

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so very sorry to everyone mostly to Brandon but unfortunately I am going to have to take the
black one down because after all the talk and reminiscing I went and pulled everything out
like the battery's and a carto and put it all together as they have been in a box in a drawer for
the past 3 or so years, just to find out that the center pin is way loose and it just wont fire.
I have no idea what happened (they went in the box working) but it can't go anywhere that way :(
The silver one works great and it's been fun to vape it again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bren,

Yes it is funny seeing all the changes over the years, yet not much has changed, haha. Hard to build a better mouse trap, just bigger rat traps, haha.

Tanks will work, but with the 16340 batteries you cant go too low of ohms without needing to swap batteries often. I love a 901 or straight cartomizer, Standard Resistance around 2.4-2.9 ohm. Most 901's & Cartos these days stink. Nobody uses them so the quality has gone to shit. If i could still get the old RN4075 901's I'd still be using them exclusively.

Trog and team still make the classic SD in-house, but were contacted by a chinese company to make a stainless steel 18350 version. Mostly he sells the keychains & prefilled cartos. Total Faff-free Vaping!

Good luck with the sale! Strange about the center pin, mine all work but look like hell from 6 years of Abuse haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors