Any Ideas?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright, so I've got this recipe. Had an idea in my head to mix something up that reminds me of our yearly trip to myrtle beach every summer where at some point, I end up getting into the fruity/boozy cocktails. This is only time I'll indulge in these type of drinks so I'm forced to go by memory. Regardless, I was after something that would remind me of the closing days of summer, sitting on the beach listening to the waves crash with family and not worrying about work. So I mixed it up. The body of the vape is smooth. It's very full. There is a sweetness to it. The problem here is that it's subtle. No single flavor jumps out. It smells great but I can't exactly say what like. Mixed 30/70 pg/vg. I started lower then upped everything by 10% . Any Ideas? If you have these flavors feel free to mix it up and share your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Here's the recipe:

Orange - FA = .55%
Strawberry Sweet - CAP = 3.3%
Jamaica Rum - FA = 1.9%
Liquid Amber - FA = .77%
Coconut - CAP = 3.3%
Fresh Cream - FA =1.1%

Ignore the strange percentages. This was after a 10% increase of all flavoring.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any Ideas?

Just by looking, and not knowing what it is you want to pop out...

Up the orange to 1% or use Mandarin at 0.75 to 1%
Leave the Strawberry
Reduce Jamaican Rum to 0.75 to 1%, it's pretty sweet.
I might totally omit Amber, but not exactly sure what you taste in the drink, but that's just me.
Got FA Coconut? Use that at 1% or 1.5%
Fresh Cream... hmmm. Yeah, leave that alone.

Maybe add Vienna or Vanilla Classic at 1%? You might get a different sweetness from pear, apple or pineapple.

Not meaning to tear up your recipe, just putting my thoughts down. Ignore me is also an option, LOL.

talonz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Leave the Strawberry
I might totally omit Amber, but not exactly sure what you taste in the drink, but that's just me.

Maybe add Vienna or Vanilla Classic at 1%? You might get a different sweetness from pear, apple or pineapple.

Not meaning to tear up your recipe, just putting my thoughts down. Ignore me is also an option, LOL.
The Magic Attic, Bowery, Mother Fletchers.. yep I get it!!!
Some of HiC's recipes remind me of sitting on the deck some of Hicks recipes remind me a sitting on the deck at a Seafood House in Murrells Inlet watching the party boats come in. Check out HIC's thread for creamy cocktails its amazing!!!
@HeadInClouds

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Leave the Strawberry

Hey that's alright. That's why I posted it. This "from scratch" thing is still pretty new to me. Back to the lab.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Magic Attic, Bowery, Mother Fletchers.. yep I get it!!!
Some of HiC's recipes remind me of sitting on the deck some of Hicks recipes remind me a sitting on the deck at a Seafood House in Murrells Inlet watching the party boats come in. Check out HIC's thread for creamy cocktails its amazing!!!
@HeadInClouds
I'm a big fan of HIC :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Johnny Matthews

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a "boozy" vape, I'd go with FA Brandy at a low percentage, say 0.5-1%. If you want some coconut, Malibu-style, throw in some FA Coconut at 1-1.5%, as suggested by Huck. For an exotic drink, I'd throw in some FA Mango, Lychee and/or Pineapple, all somewhere between 0.5 and 1%. FA Lime might be pretty nice also!

In this kind of situation, I like to whip up a 12ml batch. Considering 30 drops/ml, 1 drop of flavoring = 0.25%. Get your base done, then add in each flavor slowly, shake, drip a couple drops, take notes, repeat. When you hit a bad flavor, make sure to write it down, dump, and repeat. Within 3-4 12ml samples I can pretty much nail down a specific flavor profile and then it's just a ratio-adjustment game.

Hope that helps!

VU Sponsors