Become a Patron!

Any True Cigarette Flavoring for DIY?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Nice case ! I’ll definitely get that RY4. Also looked up FLV Commercial Cigarette. I gotta have this! Commercial Cigarette flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for manufacturing and creating DIY recipes. Yeah, it is an ashy and earthy tobacco, but don’t stop there. This tobacco is a primary tool for adding musty ash notes to a richer dark tobacco. If all you want is the dimensional notes of a commercial tobacco, then shake and , but if you are creating something that has a particular fit and finish, try adding this to another FLV tobacco to get just the right level.

I like the classic cig too.. gives a lot of realistic tastes..
Connecticut Shade.. only use around 1-3 bottle drops for a true wrapper experience.
The amounts I have seen used.. folks are vaping CS like it is actually a tobacco main or top note, and I am like.. really?? no.. so keep the tobacco low..

by keeping them all low, it also speeds up the steep time. At the most I have had to wait is between 1-2 weeks to know if what I have done is right, or what might need adjusting. :)

and thanks.. I have 10 cases slotted to be made now..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Gretsch resonator that needs a case. Could you make that ?

If I have measurements.
I do not do hard cases, but I might know someone that can do hard ones.. Will have to dig. I hear he is pretty good at those.. Me, soft carry cases just work.. My sort of jam. I also play a diddley bow and a lap steel. My fav tho is a 3 string cbg .. made by a dear friend of mine :D

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Where’s the love for Flavorah Turkish ? That stuff is fantastic. Tastes like Camel Turkish Gold’s that I smoked occasionally. @Smoky Blue What’s the best Flavorah Cigarette flavoring to mix with the Turkish? I want some more ash to taste more like smoking a Camel. It’s been 12 years since I’ve smoked. It’s nuts that I still crave the taste.

Well hell I didn't get Turkish! One of the few I left out. (If I hadn't just spend a ton stocking up for the mail ban, might have gotten every single one!)

Once a few months go by and I learn which ones I want more of, will place another order at that time and add the Turkish, (and the two FlavourtArt ones Smigo mentioned).
Time is the best, especially for the tobaccos. The key is keeping it all low, and not sinking a bunch of other flavors in :D

Just realized this yesterday, and so true.... adding nuance, not "flavor" ... that's why Flavorah is so well balanced. Also handy for keeping PG low for those of us who can't tolerate PG (gives me a cough!).

Edit: fellow guitarist here as well - not professional but been playing since I was a kid for pleasure :)

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Tatanka mix I'm enjoying - only mixed yesterday morning from flavors only been steeping 6 days so far -

In 30ml VG:
-------------------------
Tatanka 0.27% (4d)
Mild Tobacco 0.27% (4d)
Sweet Cigarette 0.2% (3d)
Milk Chocolate 0.14% (2d)
Sweet Cream 0.2% (3d)
---------------------------
Super nice, mellow Black & Milk type flavor. REALLY smooth. :) :) Going to mix 120ml of this up to steep right now. This 30ml will not last long! :)

Can see I'm going to need a whole lot more 120ml bottles since this is just the first recipe I tried! Loving the Flavorah line, @Smoky Blue !

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Can see I'm going to need a whole lot more 120ml bottles since this is just the first recipe I tried! Loving the Flavorah line, @Smoky Blue !

Bottles, buckets, pails.. yeppers!!! :D
Happy mixing 11 and I sure hope you have fun!!

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest giving the Tobacco Extracts a try if looking for a natural tobacco experience.
A 3X concentrate is available too for DIY.
These work well for those not happy with the artificial flavorings:
ciglabels-4.jpg

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest giving the Tobacco Extracts a try if looking for a natural tobacco experience.
A 3X concentrate is available too for DIY.
These work well for those not happy with the artificial flavorings:
View attachment 181847
Those look good. Thanks for the tip, maybe down the road. I have made NETs from my favorite tobaccos and they are without question, absolutely delish. They also gunk my coil faster than I like. :) But it's a trade off for that genuine flavor. Will bookmark this. For the moment though, am happy with Flavorah's tobaccos. :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixing Cavendish and Kentucky Blend is fantastic! 1.5% Cavendish-1% Kentucky Blend. If this stuff is around in 20 years. I won’t have to switch to a pipe during my last years of life. Lol

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah Ry4 is very good. But, it doesn’t taste like RY4 at all. Ry4 by Hangsen is the original that tastes like vanilla caramel with a mild tobacco. The tobacco flavor from Hangsen can not be replicated. It was so satisfying to me. Back to Flavorah Ry4. This flavor reminds me of a nutty tobacco with caramel undertone. The slight smoky flavor is very good. The overall flavor reminds me back when Totally Wicked carried Chinese tobacco flavors. This flavor took 15 days to develop with a high Pg mix. I still vape 80/20 PG VG, 12 mg.
It’s a possibility to make a sort of Ry4 with Flavorah. I’d start with Sweet Cigarette mixed with this Ry4. But, will never clone Hangsen.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another great tip. If you want to ash up a flavor. Add .25% Kentucky Blend to your mix. I’m loving Turkish at 1% and Kentucky Blend at .25% Tastes like a Camel Turkish Gold now. I’m still patiently waiting for Bull City and or Wizard Labs to restock the Classic and Commercial Cigarette. I want to play some more. Sucks we can’t order directly from Flavorah anymore.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I really enjoy the ry4 as a stand-alone.. if I want to, by adding
1.25 Brulee
1.4% Custard/vanilla custard (either or)
.6% Cream
.4% vanilla bean
1 drop smooth vanilla per 30ml

It's really nice, a good builder "tobacco" and it also can add depth to the apple filling for pies.. 🤣

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Does it really taste like a dirty Winston? Flavorah says to mix the Commercial Cig with it. What’s a good start on mixing these two. I have no idea. Lol

Here is mine..

Smoky Blue's Winstin Tobacco : https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1909634/Smoky Blue's Winstin Tobacco

0.20% Cream (Flavorah)
0.80% Kentucky Blend (Flavorah)
0.07% Lime Wedge (Flavorah)
0.12% Red Burley (Flavorah)
0.80% Virginia Tobacco (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 1.99%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/fdPF

this is how I make my winston :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wanna taste something dirty, smoky, with a strong tobacco aftertaste?

Classic Cig (for the lows) 1%
Red Burley (for more depth and richness) .50%
Sweet N Smoky (don’t have a heavy hand, or it will taste like a cigar) .25%
Commercial Cig (for the highs) .50%

Enjoy 🙂

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m really Enjoying the Commercial Cigarette. It reminds me of the early days. Tastes like a DeKang tobacco flavoring. I mixed Turkish at 1% and Commercial Cig at .50%
Looks like I’ve found my Turkish Gold I’ve been craving. Hell YEAH!!!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I’m really Enjoying the Commercial Cigarette. It reminds me of the early days. Tastes like a DeKang tobacco flavoring. I mixed Turkish at 1% and Commercial Cig at .50%
Looks like I’ve found my Turkish Gold I’ve been craving. Hell YEAH!!!!

Nice!!! to flip it to a menthol, add 1% cream and .4% ice and .2% cool menthol..
one of my favs too :)

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
These cigs contain mostly Virginia tobacco with hints of Oriental and Burley. Hangsen, Flavorah, and Inawera make some good tobacco flavoring. So I used it at 4% and it wasn’t tobacco, it was like vaping dirt almost, cause that tasted like tobacco, but I cut it down to 2 but I’m planning on omitting and going back to square one. It's not quite a cigarette flavor I ended up with but like a smooth cigar menthol.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
These cigs contain mostly Virginia tobacco with hints of Oriental and Burley. Hangsen, Flavorah, and Inawera make some good tobacco flavoring. So I used it at 4% and it wasn’t tobacco, it was like vaping dirt almost, cause that tasted like tobacco, but I cut it down to 2 but I’m planning on omitting and going back to square one. It's not quite a cigarette flavor I ended up with but like a smooth cigar menthol.

not a clue about your recipe, but you will not find me using 4% of any tobacco by Flavorah!! In fact, even 1% with some of them is too much.

cruise my recipes on elr and you might find something you like or can play with

Smoky's tobacco recipes on elr

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
latakia by blacknote is very close to a cig.
in smokiness taste. but its peppery. very.
mixing it with naked 100 euro gold makes it very close to a real cig.
as for diy idk

Hello.

What other flavors ( other then tobacco ) pairs well with tobacco. i am interested only in flavors that enhace tobacco, ( for example - wood spice, oak barrel ), flavors that will make tobacco's wet if they are dry, or to make them dry if they are wet, but without too much altering the profile of the mix. Also something that will decrease sweetnes of the mix ( I mix 100% vg ), I assume those flavors are used as tobacco aditives. Raisin Rum, is it good for tobacco. Also is Fig or sweet fig good for tobacco. I am only interested in Flavorah flavors. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello.

What other flavors ( other then tobacco ) pairs well with tobacco. i am interested only in flavors that enhace tobacco, ( for example - wood spice, oak barrel ), flavors that will make tobacco's wet if they are dry, or to make them dry if they are wet, but without too much altering the profile of the mix. Also something that will decrease sweetnes of the mix ( I mix 100% vg ), I assume those flavors are used as tobacco aditives. Raisin Rum, is it good for tobacco. Also is Fig or sweet fig good for tobacco. I am only interested in Flavorah flavors. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Hey, @Smoky Blue . Point this guy in the right direction. I am no expert in Flavorah or tobaccos.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hello.

Kind Regards

More than welcome to comb thru my elr recipes, @Udrilo_na_ludilo

my tobaccos https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=tobacco&filter=28997

anything fruits, creams and nuts goes with tobaccos..

you have been reading, now you need to play. :)

Use Raisin Rum by the bottle drop.. it is strong.

both figs will be nice in tobaccos..

I like using oak barrel with bourbon for an aged taste, yes..

best I can tell you is to play with your flavors.

If you want.. go read my website.. I will be taking it down soon as I am moving on in more life adventures, so copy everything! I will be turning my website files over to Flavorah this week.

there is a page named ELR that has my pdf of all my recipes both public and private in a link for download.. you can comb that one too for more tobacco recipes.

I have a new business that is growing steady for me, and one I am very happy with.. I wish everyone the best and happy mixing..

More than welcome to comb thru my elr recipes, @Udrilo_na_ludilo

my tobaccos https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=tobacco&filter=28997

anything fruits, creams and nuts goes with tobaccos..

you have been reading, now you need to play. :)

Use Raisin Rum by the bottle drop.. it is strong.

both figs will be nice in tobaccos..

I like using oak barrel with bourbon for an aged taste, yes..

best I can tell you is to play with your flavors.

If you want.. go read my website.. I will be taking it down soon as I am moving on in more life adventures, so copy everything! I will be turning my website files over to Flavorah this week.

there is a page named ELR that has my pdf of all my recipes both public and private in a link for download.. you can comb that one too for more tobacco recipes.

I have a new business that is growing steady for me, and one I am very happy with.. I wish everyone the best and happy mixing..
Thank you very much 😉

VU Sponsors