Become a Patron!

Anyone have this recipe?

I'm new to vaping. Quit smoking with it 6 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. I feel so much better. I'm really really picky with my juices though. I only like the fruity ones. My all day vape is from teardrip revenge of the geeks. It's absolutely amazing. Me and my wife started getting regular flavor juices from vape mall and started mixing our own juices and we're having fun with it. Came up with some really good ones. I love grape and raspberry mixed. However I still keep going back to my revenge of the geeks. Does anyone know what I have to mix to copy that recipe? I could save a fortune and would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or maybe Unicorn Vomit thats kinda like sweet tarts with something from beyond

Headinclouds, I haven't gotten into that kind of mixing. The stuff we're mixing is straight out of the bottle ready to mix, we just mix the different flavors. I've tried the unicorn vomit and it's not even close in my opinion. I'd assume that with the name of revenge of the geeks it's supposed to taste like nerds candy

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Headinclouds, I haven't gotten into that kind of mixing. The stuff we're mixing is straight out of the bottle ready to mix, we just mix the different flavors. I've tried the unicorn vomit and it's not even close in my opinion. I'd assume that with the name of revenge of the geeks it's supposed to taste like nerds candy

Sweet and Tart is just a flavouring, just like Strawberry/Apple, whatever. He's just suggesting you try that flavour! Or, maybe add it to another fruit.

Unless of course you are just buying store bought eliquids already mixed up and just mixing them. If so, that's not really DIY and doesn't represent any of the benefits DIY does.

I'd thoroughly suggest you get fully into DIY, as it's extraordinarily easy and cheap. :)

Yes I am just buying store bought liquids and mixing them. I just ordered the sweet and tart. I've thought about getting into DIY but I'm confused on how it's done. I've tried looking it up but not finding a really detailed example. The part that I guess confuses me the MOST is how do you know how much 8% is when you're mixing a flavor in. Is it done on a scale? Are there special mix bottles? I'm new to vaping and trying to get comfortable with one thing before I dive into the next. I was just hoping to find out what flavors to mix to get the revenge of the geeks flavor. It's so good but I'd like to make it cheaper because I'm vaping about 15-20ml a day

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I am just buying store bought liquids and mixing them. I just ordered the sweet and tart. I've thought about getting into DIY but I'm confused on how it's done. I've tried looking it up but not finding a really detailed example. The part that I guess confuses me the MOST is how do you know how much 8% is when you're mixing a flavor in. Is it done on a scale? Are there special mix bottles? I'm new to vaping and trying to get comfortable with one thing before I dive into the next. I was just hoping to find out what flavors to mix to get the revenge of the geeks flavor. It's so good but I'd like to make it cheaper because I'm vaping about 15-20ml a day
;) http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guide-to-mixing-by-weight.22891/ ;)

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

And if that intimidates you (I mix by weight myself these days, when I can be bothered), here's a really simple way. This is how I used to mix when I first started:

Assuming a 10ml empty bottle :

- Add nicotine first based on simple calculation of desired strength (eg, 1ml (or 10%) for 5.4mg final strength of 54mg nicotine)
- Use 3 drops of flavouring to represent 1% (eg, for a recipe that requires 8% Strawberry, just use 24 drops in a 10ml bottle)
- After flavouring, I add 60/40 VG-PG to fill the bottle.

So, so simple. If of course you use a 30ml bottle, just x3 on everything above (9 drops = 1% , etc)

Last edited:

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just hoping to find out what flavors to mix to get the revenge of the geeks flavor. It's so good but I'd like to make it cheaper because I'm vaping about 15-20ml a day

Just to clarify, you can't vape Sweet and Tart out of the bottle. It is a flavour concentrate. Sorry, I was unsure if you were just mixing pre-bought liquids.

I can tell you with certainty that you're not going to be able to clone a recipe by just mixing together store bought eliquids though, I'm afraid. Not only will it be an extremely expensive experiment, it is also damn near impossible to get it right.

I don't know what eliquids you're buying, and there's no way to tell if the juice maker used TFA, FA, Capellas, (insert any other flavour concentrate brand) Strawberry/Grape. They taste completely different between concentrate vendors.

I know it can all seem overwhelming initially, but it really is so much simpler than you think. Spend one hour, or two tops reading a couple of beginner guides, then just buy the basics and give it a go. I did it on the spur of the moment one day, and never looked back.

Last edited:
I will give it a go. I really appreciate all the help from everyone. Once I get into doing this is there a way then to clone a recipe?

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will give it a go. I really appreciate all the help from everyone. Once I get into doing this is there a way then to clone a recipe?

There are lots of clone recipes on here, reddit (/r/diy_ejuice), http://e-liquid-recipes.com/, or just by googling the name of the eliquid and adding 'recipe'.

As for trying to clone a flavour from scratch, that takes time and experience. I'd definitely suggest you take a look at HIC's notes on flavourart flavours ; http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/

Good luck, and enjoy :)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once you get into DIY you will find you can make better tasting juices than you can buy pre-mixed. You will also find your palette will change and become more refined. What you think you like now in a pre-made juice will be what you won't vape once you get the hang of DIY.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would totally recommend reading as many posts in the diy section here on VU. There are great threads the list out venders to use for buying flavors (like ecigexpress or bull city). There are tons of threads with simple to make juice recipies. And the list goes on and on. There are also plenty of threads about safety.

I'm still very very new, especially when compared to HIC (who contributes a lot great information), but I felt more comfortable after reading everything I could on this website. Then, in addition I spent time googling YouTube mixing by weight, and googling tons of other terms.

After you do your research it's all up to you on how you want to mix your juices. I was going to go the full lab scientist with beakers and measuring everything by volumn. However my brain clicked after watching a video on how to mix by weight and that has been working out great for me. Then the list keeps growing...read a post and another post then something clicks.

Again. I would recommend reading as many posts before going out to buy stuff. I think from all the contributions for everyone here had prevented me from making a bunch of poor purchasing decisions. Sure it will delay the fun a buying a bunch of stuff, but it helps to not buy a bunch of items you will never use.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Start slow, make a list, and only order sample size flavorings (5ml), until you find the flavors you like best.
You can always order bigger bottles next time, and there is always a next time.
Do lots of reading here on the forums first.
It can seem intimidating at first, but after you mix a few it gets easier.
They may not always be good in the end, but you're learning what the different flavors/brands taste like.
It also makes a pretty cool hobby:D.
And you can always ask for help around here.

VU Sponsors