Become a Patron!

Anyone know of Caps for Wasp Nano that take a tip?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone found a cap for a Wasp Nano that takes a "regular" drip tip?
I kinda like the Nano, even over time, as far as the deck and the airflow go - but I'd REALLY love if I could use my own tip(s) instead of only having the integrated cap/tip as an option.

I do know that SOME of those integrated caps you could shove a 510 tip INto - but that's too long/tall/skinny for me. I'm hoping for a cap that fits a Nano with a normal hole in the top for a tip. 510 or 810, I could really make that work.

Thanks for any "tips"!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might want to tag in @The Cromwell. Seem to recall he figured out a good "fit" for Wasp dts. I'm just using a 12 mm tall plain old 510 tip in one, a Firefly drip tip in another.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use a very small drip tip that came with a VA Radius V2 clone from FT. It's probably not more than 4mm tall (the part that protrudes above the Nano cap), and has a regular-size hole in it so it's not particularly restrictive, certainly not as restrictive as MTL. It fits and looks great in one of the Nano resin caps (the blue-green one, to be specific). I know that doesn't answer your question about a different cap, but it is one workable solution for getting a decent-looking and -working drip tip on a Wasp Nano.

(I had that drip tip as an extra, because it's so short I couldn't use it on the Radius. I nearly burnt my lips off, and had to switch the stock tip out for a taller one.)

Last edited:

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Has anyone found a cap for a Wasp Nano that takes a "regular" drip tip?
I kinda like the Nano, even over time, as far as the deck and the airflow go - but I'd REALLY love if I could use my own tip(s) instead of only having the integrated cap/tip as an option.

I do know that SOME of those integrated caps you could shove a 510 tip INto - but that's too long/tall/skinny for me. I'm hoping for a cap that fits a Nano with a normal hole in the top for a tip. 510 or 810, I could really make that work.

Thanks for any "tips"!!
Two things I did with my two wasps:
1) trinity glass comp cap ..like $15 larger drip tip portion ..more room

2) fasttech 10pack pei drip drips for the narCA...for like $3 (sku 9618535) especially if you have the ultem topcap it matches well...looks good on black atties as well. They are shorties...but it gives u dimensions if you want a different size

Depth12 mm
Height10 mm
Product Weight0.7 g
Width12 mm

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I did find a 3d print file for an 810 cap for the nano
3d link

Couldn't find any premade....though. sorry

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The OG caps on the Wasp Nano RDA fit pretty much any 510 DT however some look and work better than others. I use a short StabPiss DT from FT.

However I am not clear if this thread is about the RDA or the RTA. If RTA... never used those. Have 10 or so of the RDA though. Below is a pic i had with a black DT similar to the StabPiss ones I use now.

Attachments

• SAM_0270.JPG
    SAM_0270.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 4

VU Sponsors