Become a Patron!

anyone's experince with coconut derived VG

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am looking for peoples input on coconut derived VG...have you noticed in particular characteristics...flavor,viscosity,cloud production........I have a local herbalist who stocks it and was going to use it for making juice..usually I use BCV stuff....how is it on fouling coils about the same?

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am looking for peoples input on coconut derived PG...have you noticed in particular characteristics...flavor,viscosity,cloud production........I have a local herbalist who stocks it and was going to use it for making juice..usually I use BCV stuff.
You mean VG, right? I hear good things about the VG.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I am looking for peoples input on coconut derived VG...have you noticed in particular characteristics...flavor,viscosity,cloud production........I have a local herbalist who stocks it and was going to use it for making juice..usually I use BCV stuff.

I use VG from coconuts. Honestly, I can't tell it apart from other VG in terms of flavor or appearance. But VG from some other plant sources makes me break out into hives, and coconut-derived has *never* done that to me.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've used it and actually it's very nice. I think you get a tad bit more vapor production from it and maybe a touch sweeter but that's my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like it mostly because it's Non-GMO based, but the taste is about the same as others I've tried.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use VG from coconuts. Honestly, I can't tell it apart from other VG in terms of flavor or appearance. But VG from some other plant sources makes me break out into hives, and coconut-derived has *never* done that to me.
does it foul the coils any less or more than regular VG.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use it and along with HIC notice a hive like reaction to other derived vg sources.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
who would of thunk you'd be such a delicate little flower....hell I thought you ate plutonium for breakfast.
LOL no I found food sensitivities when I swapped my diet around and stopped smoking.
All sorts of interesting things happened.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love to keep using RTS Vg, but I think it's the most expensive supplier out there, the VG is expensive AND the shipping is expensive as well, I sent them a few mails telling them that while I do think that the VG is one of the best I have tried, the prices on the S&H were too expensive ($50 more or less for a bucket) and they told me that they also profit from that as well....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would love to keep using RTS Vg, but I think it's the most expensive supplier out there, the VG is expensive AND the shipping is expensive as well, I sent them a few mails telling them that while I do think that the VG is one of the best I have tried, the prices on the S&H were too expensive ($50 more or less for a bucket) and they told me that they also profit from that as well....
Essential depot 4 pod is most likely the best deal out there.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've found that Essential depot has the sweetest VG i have purchased, and I also got some bitter PG from them, I am using Bulk Apothecary now

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds where do you buy your VG/PG and NIC? Thank you

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That can be tricky - I priced it out with shipping and it actually ended up being cheaper for me by a few bucks to buy two sets of two gallons with free shipping than the four gallon deal where I had to pay shipping. They ended up just sending me the same four-pack I bought last time anyway...

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my VG came from rtsvapes, and nic from VapersTek. I don't use PG at all any more.

Really HIC. So 100% VG or do you use some water to thin? That might explain why my Crackin Oat Cereal tastes a little different than I expected. I made it at 50/50.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Really HIC. So 100% VG or do you use some water to thin?

I do use water to thin it enough that it wicks well. I used to use 50% or more PG, gradually eliminated it, and prefer just VG for just about everything. The sweetness pleases me for all but cigarette-type tobacco vapes.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BigNasty and @HeadInClouds Thanks for the input. RTS Vapes are very expensive (19.95 +shipping (14.26)) / Gal. is there any other place same quality but cheaper shipping.. If you know let me know please.

Thanks a lot.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Elites For shipping that is about correct. 10lbs of weight per gallon, 15 bucks shipping is just bout normal unless you score a free shipping option.
Normally stuff like that has to go via ground or rail, and it being coconut derived it is kind of niche.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@BigNasty and @HeadInClouds Thanks for the input. RTS Vapes are very expensive (19.95 +shipping (14.26)) / Gal. is there any other place same quality but cheaper shipping.. If you know let me know please.

I don't know of another source. I've never had the bad luck of buying VG that wrecked my mixes or tasted bad (I've had bad nic and nasty PG, but not VG). The hives I get with some others are probably an allergic reaction to one of the many other possible plant sources. $35/gallon is nothing compared to a trip to an allergist.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know of another source. I've never had the bad luck of buying VG that wrecked my mixes or tasted bad (I've had bad nic and nasty PG, but not VG). The hives I get with some others are probably an allergic reaction to one of the many other possible plant sources. $35/gallon is nothing compared to a trip to an allergist.
Or the ER if the reaction is bad enough.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, the reason I use the company I do is that..
A. they are local
B. cool as hell and treat me right
C. have a will call and I LOVE the way that place smells, when I go in to pick it up.
D. freely answered my questions in a timely response on their source and quality.
E. had no issue telling me why it was not USP listed and it was all about the dumb as hell USDA and FDA regs about them not willing to spend the money on a lab onsite that was under the thumb of either. Since they do not formulate anything onsite for internal ingestion.
They get it sealed in the bottles as USP and by it crossing over the threshold as per the fedregs it magically loses the USP designation. (which is does not if it is sealed. More like magical rocking horse turds and unicorn farts much like the building a coil set up on pulse rating.)

I could do organic soy based, but will not willingly since I am sensitive to soy and will not because it is WAY to much of a risk for a estrogen based cancer patient I mix for. So Palm based it is until we have issues, they stop carrying it or we drop dead.

VU Sponsors