Become a Patron!

apple fritter type(suggestions)

51vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys,

Working on a new flavor here, still in progress but it is definitely moving in the right direction. Just looking for some suggestions or advice on making the flavors a bit more crisp. So the base for this recipe came from another member on this site who used CDS at 4.5% and apple pie at 2.5%. Upon trying the original recipe i noted that the CDS was pretty strong and i was looking from a more balanced flavor. So i attempted to tone down the cinnamon with the .5% fresh creme and bump up the apple with a little bit of fiji. I think the fiji works fairly well in this recipe but i am still getting a rather muted flavor.

The last change i made to this recipe was simply adding a bit of sweetener, which normally i am opposed to but what the heck its apple fritter so its gotta be sweet, right? Im wondering if there is anything you guys would do personally to this vape that i might be able to try out. As of right now i really like this vape after a couple days rest, i think the cds needs a bit to calm down so shake and vape its a bit cinnamony and that might be why the flavor seems a bit muted.

Thinking about adding in a bit of capellas apple pie, however i have never had too much success with this flavor so im a bit hesitant.

Will update in a few days after i finish this 30 ml.

Capellas- CDS @ 4%
FA- Apple pie @ 2%
FA- Fiji @ 1%
FA - fresh creme @ .5%
1 drop of sucralose by tfa per 30 ml

Side note: i messed up mixing a 20 ml sample of this last friday and added 1.5% fiji and .75% fresh creme. I also had added 2 drops per 20 mls of sucralose and wow the flavor on it was really sweet. lol.

I like to vape this at 55 watts on my seigeli 100w with a .4 dual twisted nano coil set up in my royal hunter at wide open air flow. Flavors warm but good for my tastes.

Let me know what you guys think!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Capella Glazed Donut 7%
Inw Shisha Golden Apple 2% (cooked apple flavor)
Flavorah Rich Cinnamon .5% (potent flavoring)

Take a look at http://vapingunderground.com/threads/apple-fritter.125114/#post-651373
According to HICs notes, FA Joy is like a glazed funnel cake. Therefore, I'd use 1.25-2% FA Joy, and 0.25-0.5% FA Apple pie for the dough flavor.

Thanks! I noticed he used quite a bit of EM. I cant usually taste anything in my mix after using EM even at 2 drops/30ml.

Ive never used joy before, might need to put it on the next order. When ever that may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use CAP Apple Pie at 8% with 0.5% FA Fuji, plus some other things.
But:
I'd drop the Cinnamon down to 2%, or use FW Cinnamon Roll for a sweeter type Cinnamon.
You can use TFA Brown Sugar to sweeten it up more, 0.5%-3%.
FA Meringue 0.5% for sweetness too.
FA Liquid Amber 0.5% to help with baked part and the apple part.
FA Cookie to help with the crust, like @Squonk said, but I'd use 1-2%.
ACV @ 0.5% will help boost the apple more.
AP 1-3 drops, helps with sweetness too, but I think FA Cookie has that part covered.
If using EM, which I don't recommend, I'd only use 0.5%

51vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try adding a little FA Cookie(.75%) if your trying to get more of a crust flavor.

ahh, i keep neglecting FA-cookie. ill give it a shot!

I use CAP Apple Pie at 8% with 0.5% FA Fuji, plus some other things.
But:
I'd drop the Cinnamon down to 2%, or use FW Cinnamon Roll for a sweeter type Cinnamon.
You can use TFA Brown Sugar to sweeten it up more, 0.5%-3%.
FA Meringue 0.5% for sweetness too.
FA Liquid Amber 0.5% to help with baked part and the apple part.
FA Cookie to help with the crust, like @Squonk said, but I'd use 1-2%.
ACV @ 0.5% will help boost the apple more.
AP 1-3 drops, helps with sweetness too, but I think FA Cookie has that part covered.
If using EM, which I don't recommend, I'd only use 0.5%

I keep hearing good things about fw cinnamon roll. Might be on the next order. i like the brown sugar suggestion, might pull 10 mls out of this last batch to test some. I always have a tough time with FA-meringue, it gives me a really fluffy marshmallow type mouth feel, and some times it takes over my taste buds even at 1%.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ahh, i keep neglecting FA-cookie. ill give it a shot!

I keep hearing good things about fw cinnamon roll. Might be on the next order. i like the brown sugar suggestion, might pull 10 mls out of this last batch to test some. I always have a tough time with FA-meringue, it gives me a really fluffy marshmallow type mouth feel, and some times it takes over my taste buds even at 1%.

Thanks for the advice guys!
Try TFA Meringue. You can use it at higher %'s without it getting the dark flavor of FA over .5%. HIC turned me on to TFA Meringue.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try TFA Meringue. You can use it at higher %'s without it getting the dark flavor of FA over .5%. HIC turned me on to TFA Meringue.

Forgot about that one, I've had some around for a bit but haven't used it yet.

51vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ah, another one not in my drawer. I had been getting into finding alternatives to sucralose, i will definitley have to look into tfa some more. My first order was strictly tfa and to be blatantly honest i hated every single flavor i ordered. But i might have to dip back into some of their flavorings as i gained a bit more experience since then.

Thanks squonk!

VU Sponsors