Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Apple spiced pie

2% Fa Apple pie
2% Fa Apple
2% Fa Custard
.5% Fa Cookie
.5% Tfa Cinnamon spice
2% Tfa Sweetener (optional, but recommended.)

This is a fall themed bakery apple pie, heavier on the bakery notes than on the
apple fruit. I wouldn't recommend going any higher on the cinnamon spice, as it is very potent.

I've babied this recipe, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

It's a very good shake and vape, but I find it even better after a week of natural steeping.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apple spiced pie

2% Fa Apple pie
2% Fa Apple
2% Fa Custard
.5% Fa Cookie
.5% Tfa Cinnamon spice
2% Tfa Sweetener (optional, but recommended.)

This is a fall themed bakery apple pie, heavier on the bakery notes than on the
apple fruit. I wouldn't recommend going any higher on the cinnamon spice, as it is very potent.

I've babied this recipe, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

It's a very good shake and vape, but I find it even better after a week of natural steeping.

I might try it; I've got FA Apple and Apple Pie, though I';d have to use TFA Vanilla Swirl for the custard, and INW Biscuit for the cookie. I'm guessing I'd need to use a LOT less of INW Biscuit, that stuff is so strong.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I might try it; I've got FA Apple and Apple Pie, though I';d have to use TFA Vanilla Swirl for the custard, and INW Biscuit for the cookie. I'm guessing I'd need to use a LOT less of INW Biscuit, that stuff is so strong.

Andria

This Fa Cookie is very strong too lol, I bet that Ina biscuit would be awesome in it. I've got to get some if that and try it. Same with the vanilla swirl, I love that flavor, so useful. I tried it with 2% dx bavarian cream and it was good too. I upped the apple by 2% and may like it even more. I'm still experimenting with this one lol.

Let me know how it goes Andria. ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This Fa Cookie is very strong too lol, I bet that Ina biscuit would be awesome in it. I've got to get some if that and try it. Same with the vanilla swirl, I love that flavor, so useful. I tried it with 2% dx bavarian cream and it was good too. I upped the apple by 2% and may like it even more. I'm still experimenting with this one lol.

Let me know how it goes Andria. ;)

I love that TFA Cinnamon Spice. I often drink Constant Comment tea, but I've always thought they went too heavy on the clove, in that; 4 drops of the Cinnamon Spice fixes it perfectly. :)

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love that TFA Cinnamon Spice. I often drink Constant Comment tea, but I've always thought they went too heavy on the clove, in that; 4 drops of the Cinnamon Spice fixes it perfectly. :)

Andria

I drink it as well, by Bigelow tea company. I love it, and never thought of adding this to it. Wow, very good idea. Ha, now I'm gonna have a mug. :p

richu75

Member For 4 Years
I wanna try this, thanks for the recipe.

One question: FA Apple, it that fuji or stark?
Ore is there one more flavour art apple conc about?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for sharing! I'll have to get some Apple and give it a try. I guess I could sub FA Cinnamon Ceylon for the TFA Cinnamon Spice or is it a totally different type of flavor?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for sharing! I'll have to get some Apple and give it a try. I guess I could sub FA Cinnamon Ceylon for the TFA Cinnamon Spice or is it a totally different type of flavor?

I *think* they're roughly the same flavor, though I have no idea about relative strength. But regular cinnamon rather than cinnemaldehyde.

I thought I might also add a little INW Shisha Golden Apple; what I've heard is that the flavor is more like a baked than a raw apple, which would suit the hell out of apple pie.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've never tried the cinnamon ceylon, but hey give it a try. ;)

I may have to try that fa amber.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do any of you have any luck with fa coconut? I can't get it at a percentage that is strong enough, or properly pronounced just yet, lol.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do any of you have any luck with fa coconut? I can't get it at a percentage that is strong enough, or properly pronounced just yet, lol.

Some of us have trouble tasting that "coconut part" also.
All I get is a buttery effect, and I've had to use other brands to get it to show up.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of us have trouble tasting that "coconut part" also.
All I get is a buttery effect, and I've had to use other brands to get it to show up.

Ok, that's what I'm getting too lol. I may try tfa coconut.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, that's what I'm getting too lol. I may try tfa coconut.

I haven't tried TFA's, but someone PIFed me a small amount of Hangsen's, INW Shisha coconut, and INW's regular coconut concentrate. They all tasted like coconut, but I found them all kinda "dry". The best of those 3 was probably the Shisha Coconut, followed by the regular INW coconut concentrate. Hangsen's was ok, but weak.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried TFA's, but someone PIFed me a small amount of Hangsen's, INW Shisha coconut, and INW's regular coconut concentrate. They all tasted like coconut, but I found them all kinda "dry". The best of those 3 was probably the Shisha Coconut, followed by the regular INW coconut concentrate. Hangsen's was ok, but weak.

Andria

I may try that shisha coconut with some of this fa then. Thus fa is so smooth and buttery lol it just needs more of a coconut pop. ;) I've been meaning to get some shisha strawberry and some vanilla too.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks tasty! I don't have the FA apple though, but I do have Fuji. Think a lower percentage of that would work?

-Kingboomer

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks tasty! I don't have the FA apple though, but I do have Fuji. Think a lower percentage of that would work?

-Kingboomer
Or, make a 10 ml shake and vape batch @ the same percentage using the fuji instead and let me know how it tastes? :) I've been wanting to test it with the fuji lol.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a bad idea actually... thing is I have something similar going right now, and the Fuji just overpowers everything. Also I might replace the TFA sweetener with .25% FA honey, since that's all I have.

-Kingboomer

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a bad idea actually... thing is I have something similar going right now, and the Fuji just overpowers everything. Also I might replace the TFA sweetener with .25% FA honey, since that's all I have.

-Kingboomer

I'm gonna try the fuji apple @ 3% standalone sometime this weekend. Let me know how it works out. I have to have sweetener or I can't vape them. :) I bet honey would be delicious in it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna try the fuji apple @ 3% standalone sometime this weekend. Let me know how it works out. I have to have sweetener or I can't vape them. :) I bet honey would be delicious in it.

I still need *some* sweetener, but since my tastebuds started waking up this spring/summer, I find I need/want a LOT less, like a quarter or less of what I used to use.

I was thinking that brown sugar would go well with apple pie too, but I don't have any; I threw out the regular brown sugar I had when I found it contained diketones, and haven't tried any of the DX version. Anyone know if it's any good?

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still need *some* sweetener, but since my tastebuds started waking up this spring/summer, I find I need/want a LOT less, like a quarter or less of what I used to use.

I was thinking that brown sugar would go well with apple pie too, but I don't have any; I threw out the regular brown sugar I had when I found it contained diketones, and haven't tried any of the DX version. Anyone know if it's any good?

Andria

I guess it depends on individual taste then because I've been vaping since 2012 and completely quit smoking August of last year and I still like sweetness in my juice.

Some if these dx versions I'm finding are ruining my mixes lol. I haven't tried the dx brown sugar, but I do love the dx bavarian cream abd the dx banana cream. ;) I bet some brown sugar would be wonderful in this.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess it depends on individual taste then because I've been vaping since 2012 and completely quit smoking August of last year and I still like sweetness in my juice.

Some if these dx versions I'm finding are ruining my mixes lol. I haven't tried the dx brown sugar, but I do love the dx bavarian cream abd the dx banana cream. ;) I bet some brown sugar would be wonderful in this.

Oh, I still want sweetness, probably a good bit, but I can taste it better now than I could for a long time, and it doesn't take nearly as much as it used to, to make me cry "uncle!" :D At one point I think I used 3% in my strawberry and cream, and my latest mixes are using .4%. :D

I thought I would try this apple pie with about .5% and see if that's sweet enough to suit me.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still can't fathom this insistence on making things just to put them on the shelf and wait. Makes zero sense to me. When I cook a great meal, I don't put it into the pantry for weeks before I eat it.

Andria

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Still can't fathom this insistence on making things just to put them on the shelf and wait. Makes zero sense to me. When I cook a great meal, I don't put it into the pantry for weeks before I eat it.

Andria
I've read your comments regarding this elsewhere...so maybe I can clear it up for you...
Speaking as a fellow lover of cooking, yes I'm inpatient when it comes to eating my food but a good Italian style sauce has to simmer for hours and chili as well but both taste a little different and much better the next day right? After a night of steeping in the pot in the cold fridge and heat it up the next day... YUM!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've read your comments regarding this elsewhere...so maybe I can clear it up for you...
Speaking as a fellow lover of cooking, yes I'm inpatient when it comes to eating my food but a good Italian style sauce has to simmer for hours and chili as well but both taste a little different and much better the next day right? After a night of steeping in the pot in the cold fridge and heat it up the next day... YUM!!

That's true, but I always figured it's because some of the water evaporates out, concentrating the flavor. I don't think that happens with ejuice. I know that the flavor does get more intense over time, but why not just make it strong enough to be vapeable from the start? How else would you know if it's actually worth waiting for, or needs to be chucked and start over? When I first started DIY, all this crap about "steeping" had me convinced that I had to wait to know if something was good or not, and I wasted a LOT of time, waiting on mixes that turned out to be total crap. Once I heard about "high-flavor mixing" to know if something is good, right when you mix it, I stopped wasting so much time on mixes that were just awful -- I know right from when I mix something if it's any good or not.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is really good as a shake and vape the next day, and still very good in a week ladies. ;) I hope all of you enjoy it. I'm currently working on a v2 and v3.
I generally try my mixes fresh and also with a week of steep time. I will say that in my opion this particular recipe does taste better after a few days to a week. The bakery notes, pie and cookie, all seem to bloom at the 1 week mark.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is really good as a shake and vape the next day, and still very good in a week ladies. ;) I hope all of you enjoy it. I'm currently working on a v2 and v3.
I generally try my mixes fresh and also with a week of steep time. I will say that in my opion this particular recipe does taste better after a few days to a week. The bakery notes, pie and cookie, all seem to bloom at the 1 week mark.

Yeah, my strawberry & cream always seemed better after a few days, but it was perfectly vapable right after mixing. Now that I know how much I vape, when one 60ml bottle is about half gone, I mix up a fresh one; because it sits for about 4-7 days before I start vaping it is partly why I've been able to come down on my percentages a good bit; add my waking-up tastebuds, and I've also been able to come down a LOT on sweetener. But I've been vaping this stuff for nearly 2 yrs; I KNOW it's good, so it's no biggie if I let it sit for a while before I start vaping it. When I'm mixing up something new, I need to know right away if it's worth anymore of my time or not. Once I know that a certain mix is really good, THEN I can mix it a bit weaker and let it sit and naturally intensify for a few days.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, my strawberry & cream always seemed better after a few days, but it was perfectly vapable right after mixing. Now that I know how much I vape, when one 60ml bottle is about half gone, I mix up a fresh one; because it sits for about 4-7 days before I start vaping it is partly why I've been able to come down on my percentages a good bit; add my waking-up tastebuds, and I've also been able to come down a LOT on sweetener. But I've been vaping this stuff for nearly 2 yrs; I KNOW it's good, so it's no biggie if I let it sit for a while before I start vaping it. When I'm mixing up something new, I need to know right away if it's worth anymore of my time or not. Once I know that a certain mix is really good, THEN I can mix it a bit weaker and let it sit and naturally intensify for a few days.

Andria

I wish my tastebuds would do that. With this recipe, when I've tried lowering the percentages I can't really taste it even though I've been vaping for quite some time. Even with this highly concentrated fa I find myself enjoying 7-10% flavor totals.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Standalone however I do enjoy trying each flavor @ around 3-5% ;)

To me, that's not much flavoring at all -- even with the 9% reduction of flavoring, my strawberry & cream is still a smidge over 26%! :giggle: I don't consider something really "flavored" at all until there's AT LEAST 20% flavoring.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To me, that's not much flavoring at all -- even with the 9% reduction of flavoring, my strawberry & cream is still a smidge over 26%! :giggle: I don't consider something really "flavored" at all until there's AT LEAST 20% flavoring.

Andria

Lol I hear ya, I can't wait to try that shisha strawberry. When you mix that tfa banana nut bread, what percentage do you enjoy? I tried it at 10% and it needed something lol. Tasty but not strong enough. :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol I hear ya, I can't wait to try that shisha strawberry. When you mix that tfa banana nut bread, what percentage do you enjoy? I tried it at 10% and it needed something lol. Tasty but not strong enough. :p

Hmm.. I *think* I used it at 11%, and maybe 1% sweetener... I thought it was pretty good, as is. But when I added it to the blueberry muffin, I think I only used about 4%; I didn't want it to be really overt, just wanted enough to "round out" the flavor, so it wasn't so sharp, and 4% did that nicely. I also enjoy blueberry muffin frosted mini-wheats with sliced bananas.... and fresh banana nut bread with fresh blueberries and whipped cream. :)

I'm not really one for a lot of fruit mixing; can't abide fruit salad or fruit cocktail... but blueberries and bananas just go together well. :)

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm.. I *think* I used it at 11%, and maybe 1% sweetener... I thought it was pretty good, as is. But when I added it to the blueberry muffin, I think I only used about 4%; I didn't want it to be really overt, just wanted enough to "round out" the flavor, so it wasn't so sharp, and 4% did that nicely. I also enjoy blueberry muffin frosted mini-wheats with sliced bananas.... and fresh banana nut bread with fresh blueberries and whipped cream. :)

I'm not really one for a lot of fruit mixing; can't abide fruit salad or fruit cocktail... but blueberries and bananas just go together well. :)

Andria

Ooo that does sound like a yummy combination. :D I may have to try that blueberry muffin next, I love them with milk.

VU Sponsors