Become a Patron!

Aqua V2 clone from Angelcigs

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like this atomizer, but it does have a bit of a learning curve and it's not for new builders. To start it is both an RTA and a RDA. It comes with both a tank section and a dripper cap section. I am sorry if a few of my images were blurry. My camera was fighting me through this whole review.

This is the package as I received it from AngelCigs.

PO4DIet.jpg

First thing I noticed when I tore down the atomizer was the odd holes in the positive and negative post. Then as I always do it got completely tore down and went strait to a bath of alcohol and water.

Aqua V2 broken down into it's parts. In this picture you can see the sheer amount of parts this atomizer has. Starting at the top you see the two bell caps and the dripper cap section. I like how it came with a full transparent bell cap for a tank build. Then down from there you see the chimney top piece (also where your drip tip fits) and the connecting lower chimney section. Further down you see the positive and negative post. under the positive post there is the insulator. Then under the post and insulator you see the main building deck. From the deck you see the white delrin insulator/air channel piece. This piece also has an O-ring to seal the deck completely off from any juice leaking down past the post. Then you see the positive post and it's adjustable 510 pin. Under there you see the bottom of the deck with the negative 510 threads.

I6g5UeW.jpg

Assembling the atomizer and deck.

To start I put the delrin insulator and air hole channel section into the main building deck.

qZJtymp.jpg

Then inserted the positive post and 510 positive pin into the delrin section under the deck. Also over these two goes an insulator I some how did not have in the break down picture.

VMPERhM.jpg

WDjwqoC.jpg

1RKkH3M.jpg

Now that the under side of the deck is assembled I move to the top of the build deck. Here you see the positive post sticking through that I had inserted from the other side.

a8cwZjG.jpg

Over this threaded positive post goes another insulator and then the main positive post itself. After those two are installed you screw in your negative post.

uIXndZj.jpg

AcEemyC.jpg

gO5UBAD.jpg

Now for a quick build. Here I used two 26 gauge, 7 wrap, 1.5mm micro coils. Here I also put the bottom section on the Aqua V2 so I could put it on my jig for building.

SqnRUyf.jpg

qnM89fG.jpg

HtonCla.jpg

hUHUWJP.jpg

Now to wick it. This took me a few times at first. My first attempt I set it up as I would a Orchid, but soon found that I have to put the tails of the cotton down into the channels or it would leak out the air holes or just not wick very well at all. After some trial and error I found that placing the cotton just above the bottom of the channel worked perfect and wicked well. It also made it much easier to keep the tails in the channels with a bit of juice on them.

PONtvM4.jpg

SsWl8To.jpg

vNSFOFr.jpg

Then I flipped the bell cap over and filled the assembled tank.

Zvd4TRd.jpg

Then since I knew the Aqua V2 could be set up as a hybrid all on it's own I went to install it on one of my mods with same size threads. This is where I ran into a slight problem. Yes it will work in hybrid mode, but there is an added piece for this connection that should be able to be used. With this piece you can take off the insulator and the 510 pin and thread it onto the base of the main positive shaft. When I went to do this I found that even though the parts bag came with the added piece it was not threaded and there for was useless and could not be used. You can see in the picture that there are threads on the main positive, but the threads on the adapter are missing. In the end it will work with out this, but using it does give you a broader contact for connecting to your battery.

KcRy3dz.jpg

Last edited:

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay problem found, but still able to be set up as a hybrid. I also found that if I am using a mod that does not give me as much room as the mod I was using, you can take off the 510 piece and insulator around it and let the base of the main positive contact the battery.

WM072Ke.jpg

hauUli5.jpg

All together ready for vaping. One thing with this set up I found nice is first you have air flow control, but you can also turn the bell cap all the way down closing off the air intake sealing the hole tank completely for storage or pocketing. Also if you find that your wick is running dry from consecutive drags you can turn it all the way down and then open it back up in turn creating a vacuum effect that forces juice to the juice channels.

Another thing before I forget. Being this tank is convertible to a dripper tank you can remove the bell can with chimney with out spilling any juice. Just turn the tank drip tip down and unscrew the whole bell cap with chimney and no juice will be lost.

FpGGUDO.jpg

After that I vaped it for a while and then went to put on the dripper cap. Let me say that if there is any lacking in the tank design, it's over looked once you use a dripper on this. That's not saying the tank has issues, because it does work and function very well. Now here the first thing you see is that the drip tip is off set. This lets you be able to fill the dripper section from the drip tip with out the juice going strait into the air holes at the base of the deck. Those holes being located directly under the coils would quickly fill with juice if the drip tip was centered on the top of the cap. I love thie way the off set drip tip looks though so it's fine. BUT WOW when you put on the dripper section increasing your air flow by 3 times or more this thing turns into a vaping beast. The flavor is so thick and heavy it's unlike any atomizer I have ever used.

bV4BTTX.jpg

mSnPfpQ.jpg

Now in the last picture here I show the inside of the chamber with the dripper section on. With the way I wicked it at first as a tank keeping the tails to the bottom of the juice channels, all you have to do is fill that area under the deck with juice, and the tails will keep the juice flowing to the coils. This works well and I tend to use more often, but if it's let tip to far or laid on it's side the juice will flow out of the cap air holes. To fix this all you have to do is run a quick ring of cotton around the deck threads while the cap is on. This will hold the juice and make the dripped be able to be tipped all the way over and not leak.

PxreHXD.jpg

Final thoughts. I do really enjoy this set up. It's nice to be able to go to work with the tank on and not have to worry about filling then come home and pop on the dripper section and vape away. The air flow while in tank mode is a little limited and I can compare the flow to slightly lower then a Orchid. I would love to see the air flow there increased and I do have some thoughts on modifying this to increase the air flow while in tank mode. In dripper mode it has it's quirks as in there can be some leaking, but easily fixed by a ring of cotton around the deck over the tails of the cotton. Though again when in dripper mode is when the Aqua V2 shines. The flavor, yeah the flavor. It's something you are going to have to try for yourself. It's really hard to explain, but just simply thick... like taking a bite out of your bottle of juice. The only draw back I found was the hybrid set up piece that was included was not threaded as it should have been. Other then ALL that, threading is great, it comes with a good amount of replacement O-rings and even a spare insulator and post screws. I know I will enjoy and use this atomizer for a long time.

edit: After some looking around and messing with the Aqua V2 I found out that you can use one of what I thought were extra post screws to block off one or both other the under coil air intakes (the holes are threaded). This means you can run it in tank mode in single coil with out worry of juice going into the extra intake air hole. Also it means if you wanted to block off both air holes for a strait dripper build with no under coil air flow its possible.

Last edited:

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol that atomizer is complicated, but worth the time. It's become one of my faves. I've been carrying it to work, out and about, and well everywhere. It even does well on my fatbaby 100w veritable voltage box mod.

Thank you for posting this. I enjoy the flavor from aqua v2 but the draw is tighter than aqua v1. You have inspired me to modify mine such as people used to modify the aqua v1. I was afraid of pullong that delrin air control insulator until I saw your break down. Tomorrow I take it to the drill.

Last edited:
Upon pulling my air control insulator I noticed that it doesn't appear that air flow can get to the other coil because the there is only one intake air hole and the air control insulator doesn't have air flow going all the way through. Just another air channel as if there was supposed to be another intake air hole.

Last edited:

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to look into this and see how much can be done to increase the air flow. I thought one thing and taking it apart and looking at it again, that's just not going to work.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nicely Done!

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!

And yes I have modified it now. I took out that piece of delrin with the air flow holes cut into it and connected the two under coil hole channels and also cut a grove going from that channel I made between them strait to the main air intake (making a T shape). Then took the main air intake on the side and made it wider (oval shaped) just about doubling the size. I kept away from making the large air intake hole bigger from top to bottom because it would cut into the O-ring channel and where the bell cap seals when completely closed off. I went and took a look at the authentic versions pictures and I noticed that it's intake hole is also more oval then round so I think this is how it's was meant to be done in the first place.

It has higher air flow then even my drilled out Orchid and is now at the top of my tank atomizers. It was close to the top of an RDA for me and now it's hitting above my favorite modified Orchid.

Did this with my Dremel using a diamond bit for the metal cutting and a disk cutting wheel for the delrin.

I drilled out the air flow on the deck to a 7/64 also I noticed that the stock air intake was roughly 7/64 drill bit so I added another air intake opposite. The only problem I have now is boring out the juice feeds on the chimney with out ruining chimney threads.

Hey guys I have the Clone from tobecco and I've been leaking through my 510 connection. Any fix for that? Great review by the way!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!

And yes I have modified it now. I took out that piece of delrin with the air flow holes cut into it and connected the two under coil hole channels and also cut a grove going from that channel I made between them strait to the main air intake (making a T shape). Then took the main air intake on the side and made it wider (oval shaped) just about doubling the size. I kept away from making the large air intake hole bigger from top to bottom because it would cut into the O-ring channel and where the bell cap seals when completely closed off. I went and took a look at the authentic versions pictures and I noticed that it's intake hole is also more oval then round so I think this is how it's was meant to be done in the first place.

It has higher air flow then even my drilled out Orchid and is now at the top of my tank atomizers. It was close to the top of an RDA for me and now it's hitting above my favorite modified Orchid.

Did this with my Dremel using a diamond bit for the metal cutting and a disk cutting wheel for the delrin.

Excellent review. I've had my eye on this one. Would be great to see some detail pics of your airflow modifications if you get a chance.

I'm wondering about tank capacity. Looks like maybe an honest 3.5 ml. Did you measure what it took?

Thanks and cheers. :)

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is an o ring that runs around the delrin piece that piece that sits under the deck and o ring that goes around the positive I insulator under the positive post. If your having leaking problems I'd check those two places first. Maybe try either replacing them or getting one a little thicker. My Aqua from angel cigs came with replacements for all the o rings and would hope tobeco would too.

Let me get through the juice in my tank and ill tear it down and post some pictures of the air channels. Was wanting to put bigger coils in it anyway.

Also since I'll be emptying the tank I'll get an accurate fill capacity.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is an o ring that runs around the delrin piece that piece that sits under the deck and o ring that goes around the positive I insulator under the positive post. If your having leaking problems I'd check those two places first. Maybe try either replacing them or getting one a little thicker. My Aqua from angel cigs came with replacements for all the o rings and would hope tobeco would too.

Let me get through the juice in my tank and ill tear it down and post some pictures of the air channels. Was wanting to put bigger coils in it anyway.

Also since I'll be emptying the tank I'll get an accurate fill capacity.

Thanks.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I filled a 10ml syringe with 5ml of juice and the Aqua with PMMA cap on took 3.6ml and with metal cap 3.7ml of juice.

Got some quick pictures and also made the holes under the coils bigger since I had it tore down. I don't think the juice channels need to be bigger since they are already fairly big to start.

Did a 24 gauge 7 wrap dual coil setup @ 2.5mm coil size. This is a very tight build, but will work if you get your coils as close as you can to the post. After about a half a tank everything is perfect and working right with the modifications I made. The air flow now is on par with a Atlantis sub tank all the way open. The juice flow seems a bit better now for what ever reasons. It has more air flow so that would lower the pressure used to make this type of chimney work, but it seems to be getting juice to the coils just as good if not a bit better. Lol Maybe I just did better wicks this time. This is like the 10th time I have torn this thing down in a week so I'm getting fairly good at building it.

Air mod to the delrin air flow/insulator. Not the best picture, but the channels are as deep as they started. I just connected and made them wider and then added a air passage running strait to the air intake on the side. Before the air just traveled around the edge and I thought it just seemed better to have a more direct rout.
pkYEzxO.jpg

Air hole mod to the deck under coil air intakes. I used a diamond Dremel bit to make the holes larger so they are not perfectly round. I did that because I was trying to get an oval shape.
AiXmuaY.jpg

And the setup it's in now. Liking this combo. Dues Mods, Prism LE/ Aqua V2
L1ns5H6.jpg

Edit: Figured I'd show the main air hole as I made it. Through the hole you can see the air passage I made going from the connected two strait to the main air intake. You can also see that it seems set back. To start the air came from around the delrin to the main air intake hence why I added the more direct rout.
SPntyya.jpg

Just to add. With these mods this is the highest air flow and most flavorful vape I have had in a tank set up. Lol It's even beating my Billow from eciggity now, which I thought was the best tank I had ever owned. I think even if I owned the authentic I would make these modifications knowing what the Aqua V2 could be with just some simple tweaking. And all this with not one leak.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors