Become a Patron!

Are conventional scientific approaches obsolete when addressing Ecigs?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.vapingpost.com/2016/08/0...ic-approaches-obsolete-when-addressing-ecigs/

“3-5% the risk of smoking still means that about 2% of regular users will be killed by e-cigarettes. Nothing we would accept for any other consumer product.”Thomas Hartung, toxicologist.

BUT, Since cigarettes kill 50% of their users and that 2% isn't really a reality since it hasn't even happened yet I would think it would be worth the risk.
Wouldn't you? - 5150

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
3-5% the risk of smoking still means that about 2% of regular users will be killed by e-cigarettes. Nothing we would accept for any other consumer product.”Thomas Hartung, toxicologist.
Hmm. How about ethanol? Or sugar and other fast carbs? Are they not consumer products?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a statistician but... I don't think that's how the math works.
We don't know that vaping will kill anyone*.
Someone is conflating risk assessments and probabilities.

*Don't get me wrong, I've said all along... we have decades of knowledge about the inhalation of nicotine and even PG. But food flavorings and VG... not so much.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:wait:Air pollution for that consumer product the motor car came to mind...

lol, applying the same logic used above however, newer technologies that reduce emissions should/would not be pursed because they don't eliminate them completely. :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors