Become a Patron!

Are there any vape flavors that are best for quitting smoking?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You've started to quit smoking. Is there any flavor that is particularly suitable for quitting smoking?
Hard question. So many I knew went straight from cigs to sweet flavours.
I couldnt stand sweet flavours and went for cig substitutes. Made my own trying to replicate cigs. Few were very near close. But soon it sickened me and I changed to non cig tastes like berry and other fruits. At the start of going off of cig types like custard type things. Now I cant stand those.
Maybe one could try like I did and go for more cig type ones. Its the most logical.
Then drift away from them. I tried one of my cig ones I absolutely loved in the early days a few months ago for old times sake. I got through about 1 ml before ditching it. :giggle:
Probably try some more cig tobac types to start. There are a lot that claim it but are very far from being a cig taste, some laughable. What cig tastes like a peanut or vanilla custard? :giggle: Thats why I made my own within a month of starting to vape. I did make a few that were pretty on point. Some I added spirit flavours like youd get in roll tobac like rum or bourbon or brandy.
But now they would taste like licking an ashtray.
Good luck quiting though and on your vape journey in doing so. 👍

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hawk Sauce got me to break away from cigarettes. It has a blueberry & menthol flavor profile. I've also used some various mints, spearmint, wintergreen, peppermint.

What helps one person may not help another regarding juices. Juices and flavors are probably the most subjective aspect of vaping. I now vape unflavored juice most of the time.

One thing to note, finding a "real" cigarette flavor is very difficult.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
Seems to me that a lot of people like RY4 mixes - that's a tobacco with a little vanilla and caramel. I don't mix tobacco flavors, but I'll tag some folks who might:

@debinnv
@wildgypsy70
@Howard Hughes

debinnv

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have one I posted just a bit ago. But I am not sure if you are mixing? If so this one is great and you can use any RY4 flavoring that you like. As far as commercial juices though I can't be much help I'm afraid. I do remember vaping Kilo Kiberry that I did really enjoy and Elblacco. The Kiberry I think they still make but I am not sure about the ElBlacco one The Elblacco was a blackberry tobacco mix

Here is the mix I recently made up

RY4 with Vanilla Ice Cream

DIYFS Holy Holy Grail RY4 V1 (yes I still have some ) 2.5%
SSA Ice Cream Vanilla 2%
SSA Whipped Cream 0.5%
SSA Milky Caramel Fudge 0.5%
Sugar Mama Sweetener 0.5%

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Seems to me that a lot of people like RY4 mixes - that's a tobacco with a little vanilla and caramel. I don't mix tobacco flavors, but I'll tag some folks who might:

@debinnv
@wildgypsy70
@Howard Hughes
I love RY4. It’s just tobacco-y enough. Like dirty caramel. And it works in bakeries…..my favorite kind of vape. TFA RY4 is pretty generic and probably what most commercial companies use. JF RY4 is richer and more tobacco forward. I have the FLV, but haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard very good things. And then there’s Holy Grail RY41…which isn't made anymore. My favorite of the bunch. V2 isn’t bad, but V1 is better. So caramelly, so so good.

Im currently tryin my best to do anything fruity iced. Runnin a rda on high wattage open airflow for the throat hit/burn of a cigarette and it seems to be doin the job for me. Good luck in you endeavors

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You've started to quit smoking. Is there any flavor that is particularly suitable for quitting smoking?
The answer is....whatever flavor satisfies you so you prefer it to a cigarette!
Not joking - that's really the answer, and it's different for everyone.
I honestly think that's part of the secret to becoming a long-term vaper and former smoker - is finding flavors you really enjoy. And it may be TOTALLY unexpected! MANY people start off by looking for a tobacco flavor - and nothing really "tastes" like burning dried leaves saturated in chemicals, so it's never what they want. But then, one day, they try some "Blueberry Muffin with Icing" and BOOM, there it is!!!
Or Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Or "Wheaties". Or "Honey Graham Cracker Crust Key Lime Pie". Or "Skittles".
Just try some stuff - and find some that you like!
(tip: THEN start mixing your own liquids, and try to duplicate the flavors you like - or improve on them)

Bliss Doubt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only had to try about 150 flavors before I landed on my all day forever vape, which turned out to be clove. It was a happy flavor for me because, while smoking cigarettes, clove cigarettes were a nightclub treat. They tasted so nice and sweet, and other people weren't bothered by them. Clove cigs were, however, very harsh on the lungs, so again, only a special treat for going out. Tobacco flavored eliquids never tasted like cigarettes to me. Clove eliquid tastes just like clove cigarettes. But before discovering that, I swung through tobacco flavors, where I found that cigar and pipe flavors tasted more like cigarettes than liquids that were trying to be like "lite" cigarettes. Then on to exotics like chocolate tobacco, honey tobacco, hazelnut tobacco. Then the sweets. Velvet Vapors "Fuego" was a lovely hot sweet candy cinnamon I enjoyed in the morning with that first cup of coffee. Mount Baker Vapor cinnamon roll was a luscious flavor. Gothic Vapor red velvet cake was interesting. Absinthe became my 4am alcohol re-entry landing flavor, with a kind of French druggy feel I can't quite pin down. So many flavors, so little time.

Then I went through a phase of a couple of years of rotating five or six different flavors all the time, vaping what I was in the mood for, until it came down to the one all day forever flavor. I'll bet 8 of 10 vapers have a drawer full of reject juices. My rejects are down to a couple of bottles. I found I could mix the rejects with stronger flavors I liked, and use them up, so as not to waste the money spent. A teaberry eliquid will turn any other flavor into teaberry.

I hope that helps. Try things. You'll know what you like, and enjoy the journey.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I only had to try about 150 flavors before I landed on my all day forever vape, which turned out to be clove. It was a happy flavor for me because, while smoking cigarettes, clove cigarettes were a nightclub treat. They tasted so nice and sweet, and other people weren't bothered by them. Clove cigs were, however, very harsh on the lungs, so again, only a special treat for going out. Tobacco flavored eliquids never tasted like cigarettes to me. Clove eliquid tastes just like clove cigarettes. But before discovering that, I swung through tobacco flavors, where I found that cigar and pipe flavors tasted more like cigarettes than liquids that were trying to be like "lite" cigarettes. Then on to exotics like chocolate tobacco, honey tobacco, hazelnut tobacco. Then the sweets. Velvet Vapors "Fuego" was a lovely hot sweet candy cinnamon I enjoyed in the morning with that first cup of coffee. Mount Baker Vapor cinnamon roll was a luscious flavor. Gothic Vapor red velvet cake was interesting. Absinthe became my 4am alcohol re-entry landing flavor, with a kind of French druggy feel I can't quite pin down. So many flavors, so little time.

Then I went through a phase of a couple of years of rotating five or six different flavors all the time, vaping what I was in the mood for, until it came down to the one all day forever flavor. I'll bet 8 of 10 vapers have a drawer full of reject juices. My rejects are down to a couple of bottles. I found I could mix the rejects with stronger flavors I liked, and use them up, so as not to waste the money spent. A teaberry eliquid will turn any other flavor into teaberry.

I hope that helps. Try things. You'll know what you like, and enjoy the journey.

Finally, someone who likes some of the flavors I like! :bliss:

My favorites are spicy flavors, like anise/fennel, clove, cinnamon. My absolute favorite flavor (may sound disgusting to you) is Clove Bubblegum. Regular pink bubblegum is a close second.

I like vanillas and chocolates also, have a molasses chocolate chip cookie that's a favorite, and I also like almost any kind of citrus. Also like some cocktail flavors (VTA Botanical Gin is some good stuff) and mints.

And yes, I think most of us who mix have, maybe not exactly "rejects," but certainly some that are just meh, and those I just go ahead and vape because I'm not pouring them down the sink unless they are just plain nasty. I've only had a couple that were nasty enough that I just couldn't vape them. One of them was a blue raspberry - NEVER AGAIN - and one was a peanut butter and jelly that was just horribly gross.

I have not tried Absinthe as a single flavor, but I probably would like that, and I have some around here somewhere.

Bliss Doubt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally, someone who likes some of the flavors I like! :bliss:

My favorites are spicy flavors, like anise/fennel, clove, cinnamon. My absolute favorite flavor (may sound disgusting to you) is Clove Bubblegum. Regular pink bubblegum is a close second.

I like vanillas and chocolates also, have a molasses chocolate chip cookie that's a favorite, and I also like almost any kind of citrus. Also like some cocktail flavors (VTA Botanical Gin is some good stuff) and mints.

And yes, I think most of us who mix have, maybe not exactly "rejects," but certainly some that are just meh, and those I just go ahead and vape because I'm not pouring them down the sink unless they are just plain nasty. I've only had a couple that were nasty enough that I just couldn't vape them. One of them was a blue raspberry - NEVER AGAIN - and one was a peanut butter and jelly that was just horribly gross.

I have not tried Absinthe as a single flavor, but I probably would like that, and I have some around here somewhere.
When I started, you'd always get at least a couple of 5ml. samples of other flavors when you ordered. Those were the good old days... My summary didn't include even half of the many flavors I tried.

That Botanical Gin sounds interesting!

The one flavor I just couldn't redeem, and threw it right in the trash, was Worcestershire Sauce. I'm adventurous, and the reviewers were saying positive things about it. Sometimes what a brewer is trying to express will come out completely different once it goes through the coil, so I thought okay, sweetish, salty-ish, hmmm. It was godawful.

I did like clove bubblegum, but not enough to buy it again. Plain bubblegum was good too, but I simplified by bringing it down to one flavor I can always enjoy.

Vape on!

Get some UNFLAVORED juice into your collection. Sometimes flavors can hit wrong or even make you nauseous. Many are TOO highly flavored as well.
Currently I have Air Factory 36mg nic salt, and Onyx Saphire 6mg freebase. Just began mixing things and love being able to tone down the flavors.

When I started, you'd always get at least a couple of 5ml. samples of other flavors when you ordered. Those were the good old days... My summary didn't include even half of the many flavors I tried.

That Botanical Gin sounds interesting!

The one flavor I just couldn't redeem, and threw it right in the trash, was Worcestershire Sauce. I'm adventurous, and the reviewers were saying positive things about it. Sometimes what a brewer is trying to express will come out completely different once it goes through the coil, so I thought okay, sweetish, salty-ish, hmmm. It was godawful.

I did like clove bubblegum, but not enough to buy it again. Plain bubblegum was good too, but I simplified by bringing it down to one flavor I can always enjoy.

Vape on!
I LOVE Worcestershire sauce!! LOL. I'd love to try that! I never even thought of flavor profiles like that.

That sounds like what I went through when I went from Tobacco to Fruit flavors~!
I left the "tobacco flavors" fast. I actually despise the taste of it now. American Patriot gives me distinct cardboard flavor. And Monster Rich is not tobacco at all but HIGHLY flavored caramel/vanilla. SICKLY SWEET. I was a tobacco aficionado so I'm hyper critical here. I prefer fruit, I don't like custard/cake stuff either. That's just weird to me.

Bliss Doubt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get some UNFLAVORED juice into your collection. Sometimes flavors can hit wrong or even make you nauseous. Many are TOO highly flavored as well.
Currently I have Air Factory 36mg nic salt, and Onyx Saphire 6mg freebase. Just began mixing things and love being able to tone down the flavors.
Agree 100 percent on the unflavored. I vape it whenever I have to be around other people. It isn't like unflavored tastes bad. It's slightly sweet from the VG. If the vape market were to completely disappear, I would happily vape unflavored from my hoard for the rest of my life, or drop a little flavoring in the non-nic portion of my DIY mix before adding the nic base.

Better to learn to improvise before it becomes an emergency.

Bliss Doubt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I LOVE Worcestershire sauce!! LOL. I'd love to try that! I never even thought of flavor profiles like that.
Comment deleted by member for ethical reasons.

For more than a year I've tried to monetize my website, which costs about 4k thousand per year to operate, for the domain, the website, the music licensing, the radio platform hosting, the music. Google AdSense wasn't interested in it. Amazon really didn't work, too bulky to create a link for every single piece of music, and people open the site and are listeners, not readers. Apple Music didn't work for the same reason, besides which Apple is selling subscriptions rather than individual music titles.

So I was coincidentally searching for a product on the ECBlend website when I saw a link at the bottom, "Get paid to promote ECBlend Products". I followed the link, got approved by Share a Sale, got accepted by EC today, and now I'm on my next experiment, which is to create advertisements to air during the music stream.

TMI, I'm sure, but I've been looking through my content on this forum, to delete everything I said recently about ECB, so nobody thinks I tried secretly to sell to them. The other forum doesn't let you edit after about 48 hours, maybe 24, so I'll have to contact the mods there. In the mean time, if anybody runs across anything I've said about ECBlend, if you'll just rate the comment with an "angry", I'll receive the alert and be able to locate the comment and edit it out. Thank you!!!

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always like dessert flavors, but I know some people making the switch to vaping from smoking like to use tobacco flavored juice because it reminds them of cigarettes.

Yes, because you need to wean off Smoking Killer Sticks.

VU Sponsors