Become a Patron!

Asmodus Minikin 2 issue.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
So today my Asmodus Minikin 2 has stopped working. I haven’t had it but maybe 3 months and it’s always come across a super sturdy and perfect working mod. I don’t abuse it and have mainly been using my falcon tank on it at the recommendes watts but today it just stopped.

When I fire it the seconds counter goes up but to fire and while resting it doesn’t appear to be reading the voltage of my battery. I did some google and found hardly anything other than someone else’s threat on Asmodus’s site where someone mentioned something about liquid ingress where the “resisters” get soaked and cause issues but I don’t even know what those are. Anyone have any clues on how to fix this, I really can’t afford to replace this thing at the moment and it doesn’t seem like it should have a 3 month life span.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So today my Asmodus Minikin 2 has stopped working. I haven’t had it but maybe 3 months and it’s always come across a super sturdy and perfect working mod. I don’t abuse it and have mainly been using my falcon tank on it at the recommendes watts but today it just stopped.

When I fire it the seconds counter goes up but to fire and while resting it doesn’t appear to be reading the voltage of my battery. I did some google and found hardly anything other than someone else’s threat on Asmodus’s site where someone mentioned something about liquid ingress where the “resisters” get soaked and cause issues but I don’t even know what those are. Anyone have any clues on how to fix this, I really can’t afford to replace this thing at the moment and it doesn’t seem like it should have a 3 month life span.
My wife and I both have been using them under daily use for well over a year now. We’re actually pretty hard on them; at least I am. We’ve never had any issue to speak of other than some batteries appear to be to short to make good contacts

The best thing I could advise you of, would be to email their customer service and see if they’ll take in under warranty.
Other than that; try cleaning the inside well with a dry cloth. Also, make sure the batteries are making good contact. With some of the shorter 18650s, I have to rolll them inside the bay for them to make contact. I’ve taken to using only the Samsung 30q batteries in them.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
My wife and I both have been using them under daily use for well over a year now. We’re actually pretty hard on them; at least I am. We’ve never had any issue to speak of other than some batteries appear to be to short to make good contacts

The best thing I could advise you of, would be to email their customer service and see if they’ll take in under warranty.
Other than that; try cleaning the inside well with a dry cloth. Also, make sure the batteries are making good contact. With some of the shorter 18650s, I have to rolll them inside the bay for them to make contact. I’ve taken to using only the Samsung 30q batteries in them.

The contact is good, they fit in their nice and snug and it turns on just fine and all controls work but when I fire it just doesn’t fire. It doesn’t even give an error and I’ve tried 3 different rdas on it and still no fire.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The contact is good, they fit in their nice and snug and it turns on just fine and all controls work but when I fire it just doesn’t fire. It doesn’t even give an error and I’ve tried 3 different rdas on it and still no fire.
Are you in power mode or tc mod?

If you’re in tc mode, switch to power and try that.
If the power is not firing, than get ahold of their customer service, is the best I can advise you.
Someone else may have some other ideas.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Are you in power mode or tc mod?

If you’re in tc mode, switch to power and try that.
If the power is not firing, than get ahold of their customer service, is the best I can advise you.
Someone else may have some other ideas.
Yeah it’s in power mode, I even tried different modes just to see if it would fire at all. It’s super odd that it turns on but won’t fire even a little. It’s clean, I checked the contacts but it’s like something isn’t reaching the atomizer for some reason. It bites because I love that mod like crazy and with how sturdy it seemed I figured I’d have for at least a year with how I treat my mods.

VU Sponsors