Become a Patron!

Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit Review by KingPin!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

With all the commotion and drama going on with the Pulse 80w squonker recently, it’s easy to forget Aspire were quietly beavering away on their own. I first heard news of this product last December and it’s quite the looker indeed. Aspire even earnt the crown of best squonker at the National Vape Expo, Foxwoods 2018.

So without further ado……….Actually hang on let me just get the usual review clause done: In obligatory tradition - I should mention I received this directly from Aspire. I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews; instead I’ll present you with all my findings to help bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

So what does the Kit come with?

• Feedlink Mod
  • 2ml Revvo Boost Tank (Re-designed)
  • 2 x Revvo Boost coils (if you can call them coils)
  • 1 x Spare Glass tank
  • Spare O-rings
  • User Manual
  • Warranty Card
Product Info: https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits504.html
Available Colours: Silver / Black & Blue / Gunmetal Chrome / Silver & Sunset Red / Black & Nightsky

As with kits I’ll go over the tank first (this review will be long as there’s a lot to cover)

Part 1 - Revvo Boost 2ml Tank Overview

Tank Specifications
  • Diameter: 24.3mm
  • Height: 36.6mm
  • Capacity: 2ml
  • Thread: 510 (4.5mm length)
  • Airflow Holes: 4 (10.3 x 1.2mm)
  • Drip tip: Bore 10mm (height 7mm, width 15mm at the top)
  • Construction Materials: SS304, Delrin, Pyrex
  • Available Coils: Aspire Radial Boost Coil (Kanthal “notch coil” disc resistance range 0.1-0.14)
Looks Build quality & Initial Impressions

I’ve already covered the original Aspire Revvo in depth before, You can find my comprehensive overview here in my Skystar Revvo kit review (
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-skystar-revvo-kit-review-by-kingpin.381342/)

Rather than go through it all again as to how it works as a pre-made coil RDTA, I want to highlight the overhaul changes Aspire have made since their original Revvo debut launch.

Starting at the top (Note: In all my comparison pics I’ve placed the New Revvo Boost tank left, with the Original Revvo on the right);

5B002F51-0E94-4427-8987-F53ECB467D8E.jpeg

The drip tip still screws onto the chamber housing with plastic threading (something I highlighted as a con last time). Since they haven’t fixed that it’ll go down as a con again; however being users can now bottom fill the Revvo Boost tank Aspire have ditched the super wide drip tip and narrowed its bore down to 10mm.

B5995CCF-91EC-4B60-B012-B306CDE97C38.jpeg
592B5476-D7E8-46FA-BE32-79730EC07B2D.jpeg
8418F8FC-5A9C-401C-B085-053C7C440A14.jpeg
Looking underneath they also added a little catch area to further reduce spitting and condensation reaching your mouth. Both drip tips share exactly the same outward profile and heat protection. I’d say the new design gives a sense of a tighter draw overall leaving it geared towards the lower wattage single battery vape.

EC476057-08F9-438A-AD16-41BE7A7707A4.jpeg

While I’m on about a tighter draw; they also tightened up the airflow ring as well by reducing each of the four air slots down to a height of 1.2mm and increasing their width to 10.33mm. I found the original Revvo to be stupidly airy fully open; having to reduce the AFC ring right down to a small gap to get a sensible draw. Fully open the Boost is also very airy but it’s much more sensible at the half way point over its predecessor.

Aspires’ focus on condensing the vapour extends into the chamber assembly by adding a new ceiling. I found this new addition to have a positive impact to the draw overall, especially in conjunction with the above modifications, however they come at a significant cost; increased condensation build up. When tilting the atomiser to keep the coil saturated I’m noticing frequent leaking from the top airflow holes. Whilst the original Revvo had the potential to do this as well; it was never to the degree I’m experiencing on the Boost tank. Considering the button on top of the Feedlink mod isn’t sealed this is definitely being listed as a critical area for improvement.

70709721-4E3D-4C8A-9FD3-49394C499496.jpeg

The new ARC coil has been changed to suit the new single 18650 battery of the Feedlink. Aspire have removed some of the rings from the original notch design thereby reducing its resistance and allowing it to work more efficiently at lower wattages. I’d say even though the original ARC coils are cross compatible with either tank, you’ll find the originals offer a lacklustre performance in the Revvo Boost (when using the Feedlink mod) as they were really designed for higher wattage dual battery mods (like the Aspire Skystar or Speeder). This is something to bear in mind when buying replacements for this kit.

A5CE4B13-9BF8-4C71-B67F-AA8A447E126E.jpeg

The base section is very similar. Since top filling is now off the menu they reduced the coil mounting screw height and left a little umbrella nubbin thingy in the middle to catch any direct spitting from the notch coil. I wasn’t able to remove the base of the tank during disassembly, I don’t know if it’s stuck or not? So for now I’m assuming they fixed the flaw from the previous Revvo with regards to seeping under the base.

B678915D-94A6-4726-B5CD-9973A366E9FB.jpeg 74925B23-F6DB-48C3-8088-68ABE0512B1A.jpeg E99BAD17-B086-409B-97B6-070AFB6D8F7C.jpeg

I noted the original Revvo being very unforgiving if you overfill it, and the Revvo Boost is no different. In fact even Aspire tell you not to fill past the feed hole on the post otherwise you’ll suffer one or all of the following issues: coil oversaturation, spitting, non-firing, hot magma type leaking and non-kickback of the squonking bottle. It’s safe to say the Revvo Boost is precious about how you treat it!! You could argue Aspire did advise us about this lot up front (I added a couple from my own experiences) but then asking us to study where the feedhole is a bit of cheek! Especially since most people won’t bother reading the instructions. Perhaps the answer is to make it really bleeding obvious i.e. “DO NOT FILL PASS THIS POINT” would be better? Anyway my gauge was no more than 3 quarters full.

There is no ability to swap out the bottom feeding pin, you are stuck using this tank on a bottom feeding mod only. Also when chain vaping the Revvo Boost you’ll notice quickly that it heats up considerably around the base; warming the mod up in the process. With its thread length at just 4.5mm you might struggle to fit a thermal disc and still maintain a good connection to the mod, which is a shame because I think it would help to include one with it.

Everything else appears the same…please refer to my other review link above for more information including how the airflow works.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How’s the vape?

One of the things I was worried about entering into my usual testing period was the lack of available wattage from the Feedlink mod (it’s capped at 80w) and I happen to enjoy vaping the original Revvo at 120w so I’m pleased Aspire recognised the limitations and made the necessary adjustments to the coil and tank to make the match more suitable.

The tank still drinks like a muscle car, but thankfully the 2ml capacity isn’t so noticeable this time being you have the additional 7ml to use in reserve. I do like what aspire have done with the draw on the Revvo Boost, everything feels tightened up and vapour is more condensed (as long as you don’t vape it wide open).

I felt it could have benefited with a bit more power through the coil, it was just lagging behind a little for me unless I was using a fresh battery, although I was able to mostly offset the decrease in power by reducing the airflow control further as it went.

Sadly I found the tank zaps through a single battery quickly - approx. 1 hour is the most you’ll get from it with frequent vaping.

Once the Revvo Boost was up to temp and AFC set to under half way or under; the flavour performance was pretty much as good as the original Revvo. I would say unless you like a warm cloudy vape, with a semi restricted draw you probably won’t get on with this sub-ohm.

In terms of flavour: I still to this day feel the Revvo is the closest “pre made” coil tank there is to a rebuildable, but like the original it’s going to be a “marmite” tank (you’ll either love it or hate it) - it has flaws, you know they’re there and unfortunately they are irritating. Personally I’m on the side of loving it, as I did the original Revvo and welcome all of the design changes except for the condensation build-up being worse …..Aspire please fix this condensation problem! Find a way to let the extra condensation drain back into the tank rather than out of the airflow holes.

All in all it’s a very similar set of pros and cons to the last time ….

Pro’s

• Great Flavour and vapour production with the AFC set to half way or under.
  • No spitting (if you don’t overfill)
  • They’ve improved the draw, it feels more condensed and it’s still really smooth (although not the quietest)
  • Top cap doesn’t get too hot when chain vaping
  • It’s a bottom feeding “pre made coil” tank making squonking accessible for many
  • Most of the parts on this tank serve multiple roles. It looks simple on the outside but there’s a lot going on some really innovative ideas
  • Excellent coil life
  • Very easy to change coils mess free
  • They fixed the leak issue under the base (I think)
  • Doesn’t matter that it’s a TPD 2ml tank you get a 7ml Squonk bottle with it!
Con’s
  • Threading could still be better
  • Would like to have seen metal threading inside the top cap
  • Cannot overfill this tank it’s really unforgiving when you do
  • Condensation build up is more problematic than the original was (take a tissue with you)
  • Cannot swap out bottom feeding pin – this can be used for Squonk mods only
  • Coils from the original Revvo aren’t suitable to be used with this kit (they are compatible though if you run on a dual battery squonker)
  • Will noticeably warm the mod up when chain vaping
  • Requires a lot of battery to power this tank – carry many spare batteries!
Final Revvo Boost Tank Conclusion

It’s the original Revvo re-packaged and tweaked for a squonker…you’ll either love it or hate it, and that really is the sum of it. It still has flaws but they have started addressing some of them. I personally think it’s got really damn good flavour for a sub ohm especially if you like a tighter draw when using it. Finally this time it doesn’t feel as spongy on the inhale so the adjustment to using it is much easier.

46278E13-6BB5-432C-8DBA-53312B0B5C48.jpeg
B5D29A84-9037-4A5F-8562-7A6A397CC0E5.jpeg
FC10D51D-0721-4DAD-8B00-F6DF14CA313A.jpeg

Right onto the main event…..

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Part 2 - Feedlink Squonk Mod Overview

Mod Specifications

• Dimensions: H 87 x W 48 x D 30mm
  • Output mode: Bypass Only
  • Battery: Single 18650
  • Allowable Resistance range: 0.1 – 3.5
  • Minimum/Maximum Voltage range: 3 – 4.2V
  • Wattage Cap: 80w
  • Protections: Continuous Firing cut off (10 seconds), Low Voltage Cut-off, Reverse Polarity, Overheat Protection (75.C) and Short Circuit.
  • Materials: Zinc Alloy (casing), Gold plated positive pin
  • E-liquid Bottle: 7ml (silicone soft)
  • Panels: Resin or Plastic
Impressions, Build Quality & Assembly

Damn is this thing glorious in full technicolour! I try not to go on about looks too often because; well you can judge for yourself!, but this really is a stunning bit of kit in the flesh and you can see why they snagged up the award. Not only does it look the part, but ergonomically it’s spot on as well, making squonking action a breeze!

61CD47B5-5C68-41D2-8C17-AEADEFEEA75E.jpeg 841612B5-C9C5-46E2-9C47-9D12F27DBB40.jpeg

….but then you know all of this already right? I mean you can see from the picture it’s going to be a comfortable mod to hold, I’m just here to confirm to you it is, and not only that; it feels solid too. With everything on board, lock, stock and ready to rock: it weighs in at approx. 285g. This is heavier than a fair number of dual battery mods! Which I happen to love, but those who like light plastic jobbies probably won’t.

Starting with the fire button then, this is one of the few areas I felt Aspire could have improved significantly:

1. They have incorporated a small “lip” on the top plate in order to stop juice from heading towards the switch in the event of a leak, but that’s not going to fend off a major flooding event, and the button isn’t sealed.

2. In addition the button is on a pivot pin set high up from the board rather than being sprung. As a result I found the long travel gives it a spongy feel.

3. Finally because the button is metal with a smooth coated ‘pistol type grip’; it feels wet the whole time. It’s like I’ve got grease residue left over from a leak even though it’s completely bone dry.

DE8A8A1A-19A4-49AE-B402-61E530CFB066.jpeg

Moving on there are two discreet LED’s situated under the button (Red and Blue).It’ very easy to miss they are even there especially when outside in daylight. Personally I don’t mind them being discreet as it keeps the mod in line with the mechanical look they are going for. You can turn the mod on/off with 5 clicks. A single blue light when pressing the fire button indicates a full battery down to 50% (3.9v), blue and red together indicates battery life down to 20% (3.5V) and finally red on its own is displayed down to cut off at which point it flashes. I measured cut off at 3.3V. You certainly know by the time the red light comes on how weak it is. It’s good to get in the habit of swapping batteries before the low voltage cut out kicks in as you don’t want to drain them too far if transitioning to a mech. 3.7V is normally when I start feeling it’s time to swap over.

The 510 plate features a spring loaded positive pin with a decent 2mm throw to it. The centre pin already sits at a depth of 3.8mm to begin with so you shouldn’t have any issues with longer threaded atomisers.

A1947CFD-EFB4-4AE4-9A7F-7201149C7F87.jpeg

The plate assembly looks solid enough although I’m not entirely sure if it secured with a press fit ring or whether that ring is threaded, so far it hasn’t budged and it’s hitting steadily throughout my testing. I’m going to give it a pass (of course ill report back if I see any problems).

776E9ED9-E42D-4B02-BDB8-49D79E3D631E.jpeg

The mod will almost seat 24mm atomisers without overhang (it’s 23.92mm wide) even the Revvo Boost tank has a tiny bit of overhang either side. To be honest once I’m done with the Revvo Boost, I’ll be switching over to a single coil 22mm RDA for the duration simply because I use rebuildable atomisers for the most part.

786F5189-75D3-45C5-981F-739BA7EC17B6.jpeg

Here’s an idea of what it looks like with a few different RDA’s.

FD3F502C-5B85-4884-A492-F936FCCF3E56.jpeg 0833736A-71B2-4DA1-A984-9DAE52BBE86A.jpeg CAFF8B9A-51A4-4670-AF46-78366DD5384A.jpeg C0F17595-07C0-48EB-958F-020FAB756044.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Impressions, Build Quality & Assembly Continued…

The Feedlink Squonk mod is an unregulated mod with the protections of a regulated mod. Aspire put together their own custom chip with a series of logic gates controlled by (p &n) Mosfets so you get “Continuous Firing cut off (10 seconds), Low Voltage Cut-off, Reverse Polarity, Overheat Protection (75.C) Short Circuit, an output voltage range with a cap on wattage, and finally an allowable resistance range

Erm what did he just say? ……its confusing right! I don’t profess to be an electrical expert so the way I think of it is: - It’s just easier to cut out all the noise and bollocks you’ll hear banded about and think of it as working in “Bypass mode”…so in plain English: it will hit with whatever it has left in the battery (V), and how hard it hits depends on the resistance of the coil (ohms). When it stops hitting as hard, or you aren’t happy with its performance, swap the battery out for a fresh one. That’s all there is to it! Figuring this all out and how to build coils safely on a mod like this (or the Coilart DPro 133) is a great way to transition safely to full mechanical mod where; if you aren’t as switched on bad things can happen (there are no protections and battery current draw matters).

So let’s focus on the Voltage Cap at 4.2V. I never reviewed the Ijoy Capo, but I certainly remember the stick it received for its 4.2v limit! It’s like everyone all of sudden wanted to use high resistance builds and try to push it to 100Watts to prove a point….. you have to remember here this mod is not like the Capo, it’s specifically designed to work like a mech, it doesn’t have a buck or boost circuit, it’s not claiming to hit above the voltage of the battery so I very much forgive it in that respect. How hard it hits though does matter.

So my set up includes:

· My authentic Deathwish Modz Barebones mech vs the Feedlink Squonker. I have absolutely no idea what its voltage drop is so don’t ask! But personally I think it hits pretty hard for a single 18650 (This is my DIY low tech “does this thing hit harder or not test!”)

· Two brand new VTC5A batteries (married and fully charged together)

· The Bombertech Pindad…I built a dual coil alien set up, coming out at exactly 0.22 ohms (which will hit the theoretical 80W limit with fresh batteries ( I know I haven’t taken into consideration voltage sag/drop but go with it first)

2192BD8B-5203-48F4-918A-CC329C9543FD.jpeg 07E92D99-F79C-452F-BF18-FE52242ABBF8.jpeg

The Result: Well the Barebones hits harder to start with, but then I was expecting it to - it’s a hybrid and the atomiser is touching the battery directly!. The Feedlink has a small fire delay of approx. 0.1 seconds and to be fair I don’t think it’s far off in performance…..I’d say probably 5 or so watts off. I found my mech mod gave a better ramp up and sustained hit over the Feedlink but that’s the price you pay for having a circuit; in that theres lots of gates and components to pass through all wanting their own little bit of juice before it gets to the coil (it’s why purists love mechs).

…….Anyway the point of this story is we already know the Feedlink has a voltage output limit (4.2V) and taking into consideration the voltage drop “I felt”, I’d say in order to reach it’s 80w ceiling limit you are looking at builds around 0.16 - 0.18 ohms. It does support down to 0.1ohms so there’s nothing to stop you going down lower stilll. That’s not to say you have to build this low! many people who use single battery mods (including myself) build well above this lower resistance to preserve battery life and experience a cooler vape (I’m normally in the 0.25 - 0.4 range for instance ). This is all part of the learning and transitioning bit I was referring to earlier.

Obvious as it is, I have the “night sky” resin panel edition. There is no need to remove the panels although the fact you can means we could see alternative aftermarket options in the future. Be careful unscrewing the hex screws as the resin is brittle. I hadn’t tightened these panels at all and the thin mounting section had snapped away on removal.

A113C6F3-E63A-4256-81E2-9AEC2900C04C.jpeg

A careful application of Loctite general purpose superglue fixed the situation and allowed me to fit the panel on snugly again (I even stuck a bit down in the bottom section for good measure). The resin panel extends out from the mod by 3.2mm and has smooth textures making the mod very comfortable in the hand.

2987C218-9C6F-4801-897E-A652D172A3A0.jpeg

Moving down to the squonk section cut out: it allows either a two or single digit press. The bottle is a 7ml super soft silicone bottle; you don’t get a spare with the kit although I’ll certainly be looking to grab some more. It’s one of the types you can push down the top to refill without having to take the lid off. I imagine it can be quickly refilled from the top of the mod as well, but sadly I lack one of those refill bottle types for the minute to try it.

For everyone else it sits in a frame which has a quarter twist lock to insert and remove it quickly. When inserted it presses up against a seal inside the chamber. I haven’t experienced any form of leaking from this seal so it’s doing its job.

6667F68B-F5F3-4F4D-B0C3-1183EBFB7AEB.jpeg
0EE73A0B-7660-4BED-8839-31130C65C435.jpeg

In case you want to use your own bottles I took the measurements at:
  • 16.5mm diameter at the base,
  • 58.mm tall (the top cap is 18mm diameter)
Here it is up against a mod maker bottle for comparison purposes

B8AA4E2E-C643-4B5E-9DDC-C1BCAEB0D7A3.jpeg

I did have to thoroughly clean the bottle out as it had quite the plastic smell to it. I filled it with plain vodka and left it sitting for a good four hours first, then rinsed with warm water, leaving it to air-dry disassembled overnight. This seemed to do the trick for me.

Finally I’ll finish this section on the battery cap. It’s a screw in design and it’s the only other area I felt Aspire could have really improved.

EFC18EF8-4A36-4ADC-80CA-FACD79348CE4.jpeg
2A805251-161E-4E35-80E3-CD8CE8A58E25.jpeg

1. It takes ages to screw it on and off and considering this is a single 18650 you’re doing it often.
2. They could have either used the quarter twist approach, like the bottle holder, or used chunkier threads with less of them!
3. The threads are not great…you can see how snagged they are when I zoom right in, this is causing it to having difficulty catching.

9CA88B3F-9898-4773-BDC4-968D2FA34402.jpeg

Either way I felt this was an oversight, although on a positive note it easy to grip and has plenty of venting, just remember not to gorilla tighten it or you’ll have problems getting it off again.

Pro’s
  • Damn fine looking mod
  • Solid and well built
  • Stealthy battery gauge indicators
  • Superb Squonk bottle
  • Easy to remove and refill bottle mess free
  • Very comfortable to hold, fire and squonk
  • Performs well with the right build (look up building for single battery mods)
  • Fast firing
  • Will seat up to 24mm with a tiny bit of overhang
  • 510 assembly seems to be secured well, and is sealed from leaking
  • Excellent choice if transitioning to a mechanical
Con’s
  • The fire button is a bit spongy
  • The should have sealed the fire button to ensure leaking stayed outside only
  • Battery cap is cumbersome
  • Resin panels are brittle
  • [personal] Some might not like the 80w cap and unregulated approach
Final Conclusion

I simply love this mod overall! Aspire has done a cracking job on the Feedlink. I would say for my personal tastes it’s pretty much spot on except for the two main areas I mentioned in the review.

I know a lot out there might get turned off with not being able to adjust wattage through regular means, but you get used to building coils to match the mod (just as you would a single battery mech)

The last couple of Aspire mods I reviewed have majored on ease of use and comfort, now they can certainly add the Feedlink to that list as well.

Where do they take it from here? That’s the question for me….the obvious and perhaps least risky choice is to release a follow up 21700 version. But I think this is just too easy. Aspire is more than capable of producing a fine dual battery regulated mod, so I would much rather see them produce a dual battery squonker with a buck boost circuit – it’s time to properly support these dual coil RDAs being released.

Thanks for taking to time to read my review. I hope this information serves you well, until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to mention, (because I liked the review and manufacturers may pay heed), there is/was a form of threading that would absolutely make a difference:

As far back as the civil war and wwI there was a form of threading called "interrupted threads". These are like a bayonet-fitting (2, 3 or 4 lobe) to start, and then there are the actual threads to LOCK the breech/cap. Such things are ancient and yet no one seems to have remembered they exist. Push in, twist: umpty threads lock the breech. DONE.

THanks for the review. Of all the wonky unregulated-squonks out there, this device seems most likely to be a long-life. (I may have to see about a pcb replacement and even the squonk-bottle). There should be space-enough in that bottle-area for at least 10ml soft silicone.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I would like to mention, (because I liked the review and manufacturers may pay heed), there is/was a form of threading that would absolutely make a difference:

As far back as the civil war and wwI there was a form of threading called "interrupted threads". These are like a bayonet-fitting (2, 3 or 4 lobe) to start, and then there are the actual threads to LOCK the breech/cap. Such things are ancient and yet no one seems to have remembered they exist. Push in, twist: umpty threads lock the breech. DONE.

THanks for the review. Of all the wonky unregulated-squonks out there, this device seems most likely to be a long-life. (I may have to see about a pcb replacement and even the squonk-bottle). There should be space-enough in that bottle-area for at least 10ml soft silicone.

Thanks for the feedback Poppa it’s much appreciated :cheers:

I don’t get it either they have a bayonet style frame/holder for the squonk bottle yet decided to rough it out with the battery cap?! Craziness and so easily remedied

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Good thing they leave you unsupervised from time to time :D Nice review and thanks for the details.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review kingpin. :vino:

Looks like Aspire did a fine job overall. Oh man is thing beautiful.

Curious to see how the recurve and feedlink perform together. :)

Thanks very much Roo :vino:Im looking forward to giving that RDA a go ....I paid towards mikes wages and it’s now on the slowboat :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Another great review. Looks like a great kit.

Good thing they leave you unsupervised from time to time :D Nice review and thanks for the details.

Thanks skt and Vape Fan your comments are very much appreciated :cheers:. It really is a lovely bit of kit, and a welcomed detour from the blinking lights we’ve seen coming to market over the past few months

I bought a single battery squonker around the same time this came in and when using it side by side, every time I wanted to grab for the feedlink, feels good in the hand, easy to refill, performs well and squonks great

If they do a dual squonker in the same vein (parralel wired) or regulated (series) I’ll start foaming at the mouth like a crazy rabid squirrel

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks very much Roo :vino:Im looking forward to giving that RDA a go ....I paid towards mikes wages and it’s now on the slowboat :D
Awesome. Hope that boat has some strong men rowing it to get the recurve to you sooner. Really want to see the recurve on top of the feedlink. Should bea dead sexy combo. Hopefully you'll come back here a post a pic when you get them paired up. :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome. Hope that boat has some strong men rowing it to get the recurve to you sooner. Really want to see the recurve on top of the feedlink. Should bea dead sexy combo. Hopefully you'll come back here a post a pic when you get them paired up. :D

Don’t worry buddy I’m way ahead ......I sent over this guy to give it some welly :giggle:

vNnLQNV.gif

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great write up, appreciate the time you put into it.:blowkiss: If they would have made it a 2x700 the mod would have made it onto the wishlist.

Thank you as always Letitia :hug:

I reckon your right there and a lot will be thinking the same thing. It’s a shame it wasn’t a 2x700 (with adaptor for 18650), I don’t feel the form would have been detrimentally impacted with it ... a tad taller, but it could have maintained a similar width at the grip points for sure because there’s enough free material to remove.

It really wouldnt surprise me if the 2x700 is in the works although I haven’t heard anything yet

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review but I agree with @Letitia9, if it was a 2X700 then I would have to get one. Real nice mod though.

Thanks matey :cheers: ...why is it we dont see more dual battery squonks? to me it just makes no sense. We have all these big dual coil RDAs being released and so few poxy mods to support them!

I dont want the G200 S, i want a boxer or rebel type mod at a more affordable price ...companies like Smoant or Aspire who have solid chipsets can knock these out surely

Fantastic review, as usual....KP.....:wave:

Thanks very much matey :vino:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I used to think I wanted a dual squonk until I realized that I enjoy the size of my dual devices. Dual squonk would simply be too big for me, at least a 2x700 would give more run time and still be comfortable in hand.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to think I wanted a dual squonk until I realized that I enjoy the size of my dual devices. Dual squonk would simply be too big for me, at least a 2x700 would give more run time and still be comfortable in hand.
The new desire design dual squonk, can't remember the name but designed with ohm boy oc is pretty compact, need to get one. Your right with the 2x700 though, since I started using single battery 2x700 mods the battery life had been impressive with the right battery. 21700 being my favorite, you can either use the Golisi for high amperage and 3000 mah or the avatar controls for lower amps but still a respectable 20 and 4000 mah. I love the battery life I get with the 20700 too over 18650, hard to go back to a single 18650 now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@KingPin, thank you for the detailed review, and thanks for the feedback! we will consider your suggestion.:)
Best Regards

Many thanks Aspire :vino:...also have a read of the comments left from VU members as to other suggestions ...some really good feedback there as well

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My favourite vaping set up right now by a clear mile at the moment...been using the feedlink everyday since I dropped this review, I’ve grown to like it even more than before ...want to try and get some spare bottles so I can quickly swap flavours

....bought some Hiesenburg concentrate from vampire vapes mixing at 15% single flavour 70/30 (VG/PG)...it’s a weird flavour but if you like fruity menthol flavours it’ll give you a hit and some, wasn’t sure at first but it’s quickly become my favourite evening vape

Bought the recurve RDA and purchased an Augvape Merlin drip tip for it separately

Single Fralien coil I made came out at 0.22 ohms Sony VTC5A Battery probably lasts a good hour when chaining or more obviously if not ...just take a few and swap em out

Just can’t get enough of it

8B207A6E-7266-4B09-8FD0-2A80F3DF44FC.jpeg
B9BD2ACE-5D82-4484-A5E5-070B9D0BC389.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Just reporting back ...my battery cap seems to have developed a problem catching and staying tight against the battery after months of use ..I now have to apply pressure one side to get it to lock in place, I imagine soon it’ll be completely shagged

Said right from the start wasn’t happy with the battery cap on the feedlink, the threads are just too shallow ....mod is still my daily squonker though I love its form and performs well in all other areas still

Gonna have to go hunting for a replacement cap I think @Aspiretina @AspireVapeCo_ don’t know if you sell this battery cap part on it’s own or not could you confirm please.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors