Become a Patron!

Aspire NX75 question and ohm reading

Nikotine

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometime when I have to refill, the coil come loose from the base and I have to re-tighten and some juice is still in the tank. I notice my ohm reading change from 1.4-5 to 1.9 or even 2. When I wash the tank and put in a new coil it reads correct. Does leaving juice in the tank when changing coil effect the ohm reading?

Last edited:

MistyLungs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think it does. If it did and the coils were fully submerged then it wouldn't give random readings like that. You need to make sure they are tight so they don't loosen. The only time my coils come loose is when i'm moving the wire around to remove excess wire as i don't have small wire cutters.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometime when I have to refill, the coil come loose from the base and I have to re-tighten and some juice is still in the tank. I notice my ohm reading change from 1.4-5 to 1.9 or even 2. When I wash the tank and put in a new coil it reads correct. Does leaving juice in the tank when changing coil effect the ohm reading?

I always clean my tank thoroughly whenever I change my coils. By keeping them tightened to the base it will offer a more accurate resistance reading from your device. Welcome to VU.

Nikotine

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always clean my tank thoroughly whenever I change my coils. By keeping them tightened to the base it will offer a more accurate resistance reading from your device. Welcome to VU.
Thanks. I do that. What I notice on the NX75 with the Nautilis X 1.5 ohm is that the ohm read when a new coil is installed, it reads 1.47. When I replace the battery, it reads 1.53. Is this normal?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know Nik, most Chinese mods are accurate to a point. When it is that small of a difference, I wouldn't worry too much. When it becomes a .5-1.0 ohm difference, then I would invest in quality ohm reader if you decide to make your own coils and start using and RDA/RTA. Vape safe.

VU Sponsors